Sound deadening application on B2650 with Cab

conropl

Equipment
L3560 HSDC
Oct 17, 2016
West Michigan
Have you thought about filling your ROP's tubing with foam? I had read that the ROP's are one of the sources for the noise (big tuning fork). Have you seen any evidence of that?

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

Mr D

Equipment
Mowing
Feb 9, 2017
Columbia City, IN.
Conropl
I have not, but that makes a lot of sense. I have a pretty substantial wiring project that requires me to run wires through the ROP's
After this is project done, I will try it. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Mr.D,
I mean no offence or insult, but, Please go buy a set of cast jack stands!
Those steel jack stands are no match for your tractor, and a small investment could mean your life! ;)

4x4farmer

Dec 15, 2016
Hannaford ND
Did the same thing to mine back in February using dynamat. Stripped the cab completely like you did. I also removed my plastic shrouds from the fenders with all the levers so I could get up under all of that. After I added the dynamat I installed 1/2 tractor cab insulation. Then reinstalled all the interior. Also did the floor. The only thing I didn't do was the undercoating in the wheel wells. I would also like to do something in the firewall at some point. It was well worth the time it took. It helped a lot. I did have a thread on it here somewhere.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Kubota kid 1

Equipment
B 2650 Hsdc
Nov 29, 2017
Shelbyville, IL usa
Please Please Please someone tell me if filling the rollbar tubes with foam deaden any of the noise. I have done the dynamat thing. It helped but I want even less noise. And I don't want to wear ear plugs or ear muffs in my cab. Not worried about the cost I want comfort. That is why I bought the cab.

Kubota kid 1

Equipment
B 2650 Hsdc
Nov 29, 2017
Shelbyville, IL usa
Upon further inspection the rops is actually a C channel not tubing. It has heater lines running up one side and ac up other. So no on filling with foam. There is tubing for front of cab with drain lines coming down it I am guessing for ac condensation. I may fill them and tube going up over fender.

coachgeo

Equipment
L225 w/woods Few Mowers & Back Blade, D722 in Motorcycle (Triumph Tiger), LMTV
Nov 16, 2012
Southern OH
if there is any potential water egress into a tube...... then do NOT fill tube with foam. it can trap it in there and rust it from inside out. You won't know till it is too late.

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, B2650, Gator, Ingersoll mower
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
The one thing none of us has tried yet is the sound absorbing baffles inside the cab attached to the ceiling. Several people have said that a lot of the noise is being transmitted and reflected by all the glass, which of course can't be covered. So absorbing it in the head region might just do it.

http://www.soundproofing.org/infopages/acousticfoams.htm

Something like the various shaped foam panels is on my list of things to try.

The earmuffs work but mine get uncomfortable after a while. The dynamat type thing all over the lower surfaces also helped.

Dave_eng

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M7040, Nuffield 465
Oct 6, 2012
Williamstown Ontario Canada
I spent some time years ago at Canada's National Research Council looking for info on acoustics. I needed to build a high school music room adjacent to a library.

The experts there, who spend their entire lives on the topic, told me to think of a noise problem like a leaky boat.

A small hole serves to broadcast any noise to the other side. You can treat the entire wall by adding mass and absorptive material but one 1/4" hole overcomes all the other efforts.

The "firewall" area is the biggest problem as you undoubtedly know by now.

I also find the exhaust system noise increases with time and is noticeable in a cab which was previously quite quiet.

Dave

Kubota kid 1

Equipment
B 2650 Hsdc
Nov 29, 2017
Shelbyville, IL usa
FYI. I did the foam in all the tubing and this proves to do nothing for it. I didn***8217;t foam in front tubes with drain tubes. Only over the fender and lower part of back of cab. Waste of time and effort. So far dynamat has been my greatest success. Lowering decibels 5 points. 5 points I would do it all over again for. When I did my dynamat I left nothing uncovered. Until we find something better I give dynamat 2 thumbs up.

Last edited: