Something a little more lighthearted

Nicfin36

Equipment
L2501 HST, BH77 Backhoe, SSQA Loader ZD1011 Mower
Jun 19, 2019
Decatur, AL
That's great! She certainly looks to be having a good time.

Reactions: 1 user

lmichael

Equipment
Kubota G2160
Apr 23, 2021
Rockford IL area
That's great! She certainly looks to be having a good time.
Yeah, I thought the engine noise would really frighten her. Diesels aren't exactly "quiet" LOL. When I started it she kinda looked at it weird, when I pulled it out of the garage my wife brought her to me, she reached out and didn't care one bit about the engine racket. She was going for a ride with Papa and it's all that mattered. When my wife tried to take her back she did not want to leave. I like to train them young LOL. When my oldest girl was only a couple years old all she wanted was to ride with daddy on tractor and go to tractor pulls. My youngest? (this baby's mom) wanted nothing to do with any of it.

Reactions: 3 users

PoTreeBoy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L35 Ford 3930
Mar 24, 2020
WestTn/NoMs
I'll see your granddaughter and raise you two great nieces! I wasn't there and I don't know if they got a ride. I told my sister where some blackberries are for them.

-1152590888899553683.jpg

• Love
Reactions: 6 users

lynnmor

Equipment
B2601-1
May 3, 2021
Red Lion
Good times, I'm sure that your sensible driving and that vise like grip kept them safe.

This might be a good time to mention my neighbors disregard for the safety of the three youngster in her "care." She holds one in her lap while towing two more in a tiny trailer WHILE MOWING, and on a STEEP BANK ALONG THE ROAD. I saw one time that she spilled the contents of the trailer right on the road. I called 911 and they just made a fool of me.

• Sad
Reactions: 1 users

Henro

Equipment
B2910, BX2200, KX41-2V mini Ex.
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
Since grandfathers provide a service to the grand kids, you certainly posted this in the right forum: Service and Repair... (y):)

Having two daughters, grandsons gave me the chance to see what I missed with only girls around the house...

lmichael

Equipment
Kubota G2160
Apr 23, 2021
Rockford IL area
Good times, I'm sure that your sensible driving and that vise like grip kept them safe.

This might be a good time to mention my neighbors disregard for the safety of the three youngster in her "care." She holds one in her lap while towing two more in a tiny trailer WHILE MOWING, and on a STEEP BANK ALONG THE ROAD. I saw one time that she spilled the contents of the trailer right on the road. I called 911 and they just made a fool of me.
Yeah, I sometimes see people with tiny tots like this holding them while mowing. Not smart. Used to have a next door neighbor doing that with their little boy. And mowing on the steep culverts. I would just cringe. Used to have an EMT friend who described the carnage he'd find when parent lost their grip on those little tykes while mowing. I never took (or will take) my kids or my grandkids out on a machine running blades or implements of any kind. Hell, I won't even allow them in the yard when the deck is running. I have a hole in my back garage where this Kubota picked up a small hunk of stick from the tree. And it was barely over an idle at the time it happened. A kid? Fuggedabout it. It would have gone right through like a bullet

ehenry

Equipment
BX22, FEL, BH, 40" pto tiller, 42" Bushog Squealer, pto hole digger, B7300 w/60"
Mar 25, 2014
Canton, MS
My Sam and me

00000093.JPG

• Love
Reactions: 2 users

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
We were meeting our daughter in town at a store parking lot to hand off the grandkid. While waiting we moved him from his car seat to my lap in the driver's seat.

He had a good ol time messing with the steering wheel and the buttons. Accidently honked the horn once. Enjoying the ac blowing on him jamming to some classic rock on the radio. 😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣

He threw the mother of all fits when his momma showed up to get him. 🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂 He was having a good ol time with poppa👍👍👍👍👍

Reactions: 3 users

Fordtech86

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200
Aug 7, 2018
Pineville,LA
While waiting we moved him from his car seat to my lap in the driver's seat.
you ought to hear my wife when I throw my 7 year old son the keys to her car and have him move it 🤣🤣🤣

He’s no stranger to running stuff tho. He mows the grass with zero turn, drives the kubota (gear drive) efficient with the loader and backhoe, drives the super duty around the property.

my daughter is on the same route…
DD2877FA-D2FB-4470-9450-F3813C7EBFE3.jpeg

81AF9ABE-D097-4B4D-9B2F-65B2AB4D498A.jpeg

Just playing in his sandbox

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 9 users

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
you ought to hear my wife when I throw my 7 year old son the keys to her car and have him move it 🤣🤣🤣

He’s no stranger to running stuff tho. He mows the grass with zero turn, drives the kubota (gear drive) efficient with the loader and backhoe, drives the super duty around the property.

my daughter is on the same route… View attachment 82918
View attachment 82919
Just playing in his sandbox
Well... considering the grandson I was referring to is 18 months old, we'll relegate him to his EV Silverado (cherry red) for now 😂🤣😂🤣😂 He'll have to grow into Pappas toys 👍👍👍👍👍 Although he is fascinated with tractors, mowers, and such. Kubota has gotta come out with a line of kids toys. All we are finding is green backhoes and tractors for kids. 😡😡😡 may end up having to get him a green one and give it a paint job and new logos 😬😬😬😬

Fordtech86

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200
Aug 7, 2018
Pineville,LA
Well... considering the grandson I was referring to is 18 months old, we'll relegate him to his EV Silverado (cherry red) for now 😂🤣😂🤣😂 He'll have to grow into Pappas toys 👍👍👍👍👍 Although he is fascinated with tractors, mowers, and such. Kubota has gotta come out with a line of kids toys. All we are finding is green backhoes and tractors for kids. 😡😡😡 may end up having to get him a green one and give it a paint job and new logos 😬😬😬😬
you ever work down this way? Got a dozer I’d give ya for him. (It’s yellow not orange tho 🤣)

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
you ever work down this way? Got a dozer I’d give ya for him. (It’s yellow not orange tho 🤣)
We saw one of those as well. He's fascinated with them all. 😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣

There is a skidsteer and mini x parked on a side street we go down when walking the dog.

When he sees them, he gets excited, starts jabbering away, pointing, and tries to bail out of his buggy. Next time we are out walking, I'll have my wife hold the dog and I'll let him explore a little 👍👍👍👍👍

Botamon

Equipment
M7060HDC12, John Deere 2020 diesel
Mar 26, 2018
Winnemucca, Nevada
I think it is a wonderful way to bond with your kids/grandkids, hauling them around when they are tiny, on a tractor. My dad tells me I loved it when I was a toddler...and I guess I've never gotten over that love of tractors ever since. My daughter is now in her mid-30s and still talks about how much she enjoyed getting on the tractor with me. She still wants to drive the tractor when she comes to visit.

Pic from nearly 30 years ago:
Jenny on Massey Ferguson.jpg

Reactions: 2 users

Muggman

Jun 11, 2022
SC
Yeah, I sometimes see people with tiny tots like this holding them while mowing. Not smart. Used to have a next door neighbor doing that with their little boy. And mowing on the steep culverts. I would just cringe. Used to have an EMT friend who described the carnage he'd find when parent lost their grip on those little tykes while mowing. I never took (or will take) my kids or my grandkids out on a machine running blades or implements of any kind. Hell, I won't even allow them in the yard when the deck is running. I have a hole in my back garage where this Kubota picked up a small hunk of stick from the tree. And it was barely over an idle at the time it happened. A kid? Fuggedabout it. It would have gone right through like a bullet
When I was a kid, my dad hit a clothes hanger with the lawn mower,threw it thru the outside layer of our Luan shop door.
Local grandfather had his small g-daughter come off the porch wanting to ride z-turn, He didn't see her and backed over her. She lost half a leg and one foot on the other.

• Wow

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
Only by God's grace are many of us alive.

At the age of about six I drove a Ford 8N from downtown Fountain, Colo. out to where we lived 6-8 miles out in the country. Went down main highway, across RR tracks, through town, in front of school, across a long rickety wooden bridge with boards running lengthwise for tires to ride on, a couple more miles and pulled into the drive. I pushed the brake too hard and made a slide in the gravel so I quickly found a rag to rearrange the gravel to hide that boo boo.

I went back there as an adult to show my wife, and I was astonished myself when I showed her.

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
Only by God's grace are many of us alive.

At the age of about six I drove a Ford 8N from downtown Fountain, Colo. out to where we lived 6-8 miles out in the country. Went down main highway, across RR tracks, through town, in front of school, across a long rickety wooden bridge with boards running lengthwise for tires to ride on, a couple more miles and pulled into the drive. I pushed the brake too hard and made a slide in the gravel so I quickly found a rag to rearrange the gravel to hide that boo boo.

I went back there as an adult to show my wife, and I was astonished myself when I showed her.
Had similar. Would drive the tractor 6 miles or so over to where dad was brushhogging. He would follow in the truck.

Heck I've ridden that same drive on the fender or standing on the three point hitch holding onto the back of the seat.

Little man's been for rides on his other grandfather's tractor. And I've buzzed him around the yard on the zero turn. Wasn't mowing at the time. Just going for a ride 😁😁😁😁

Other grandkids have been for rides on my old tractor. When mowing or brush hogging though, they are relegated to hanging with granny and away from the equipment.

torch

Equipment
B7100HSD, B2789, B2550, B4672, 48" cultivator, homemade FEL and Cab
Jun 10, 2016
Muskoka, Ont.
I have often said grandkids are God's reward for not killing your own kids when you had the chance.

The turn of this thread has given that a whole new meaning...

• Haha

Botamon

Equipment
M7060HDC12, John Deere 2020 diesel
Mar 26, 2018
Winnemucca, Nevada
I have often said grandkids are God's reward for not killing your own kids when you had the chance.

The turn of this thread has given that a whole new meaning...
Maybe we need to keep kids/grandkids locked up in a padded room to keep them from harm...for sure we shouldn't be allowing them to ride in cars..................

1656967997325.png