Somebody didn't get their Kubota Delivery That Day

hodge

Lifetime Member

Equipment
John Deere 790 John Deere 310 backhoe Bobcat 743
Nov 19, 2010
Love, VA
We have a road like that- I had to look at the location to make sure it wasn't the same one- in Va. It is route 56, going up to the Blue Ridge Parkway. They have the road well marked against tractor trailers using it, and that it isn't a viable GPS route, but drivers still try it. They can get fined big time for it, too.

Profnohair

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L1500, 42" bh, box blade, G6200HST, Mahindra 450 with BH, FEL, etc.
We have a road like that- I had to look at the location to make sure it wasn't the same one- in Va. It is route 56, going up to the Blue Ridge Parkway. They have the road well marked against tractor trailers using it, and that it isn't a viable GPS route, but drivers still try it. They can get fined big time for it, too.
According to what I have read on the site noted, it is against the law from NC but not from Tennessee. They are trying to get Tennessee to make it off limits also.

Profnohair

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
Geez a website like that gives truckers a bad rap. But then all of those idiot truckers didnt use better judgement and went across the Dragon anyway..

hodge

Lifetime Member

Equipment
John Deere 790 John Deere 310 backhoe Bobcat 743
Nov 19, 2010
Love, VA
According to what I have read on the site noted, it is against the law from NC but not from Tennessee. They are trying to get Tennessee to make it off limits also.

Profnohair
It should be against the law. It costs the police dept. and the fire dept. to run the call, it does property damage to the ditches and guardrails, and it holds up traffic for countless hours as they untangle the trucks.
I once passed a truck stuck on one of the curves- there was room for me to get by- and on the way down the mountain, I passed a rescue squad, a fire truck, a state trooper, and then a little kid on an ATV. He must have heard all the commotion.

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
The tail of the dragon DEALs Gap is a draw all summer for bikers, 318 turns in 11 miles or sumthin like that, lots of sport bikes wind up over the edge along with HD's and Wingers and Beemers. I worry about open roads let alone some of the blind bends on that bitch, I have lost several friends over the years to that road, but then being stupid will get ya any time. And not only the truckers but hotrods and vets and the like try to run it as fast as they can too, with some rather nasty outcomes. Nice to see pictures but I aint riden it,,lol

aquaforce

Equipment
L245DT FEL, JD450 Track loader, 5' scrape blade&mower, 5x10 trailer, Dump truck
Apr 22, 2009
Stockbridge, Ga. USA
Nice to see pictures but I aint riden it,,lol
I work with a man who has ridden it three times. He has scrapes on the pipes of his HD and said a couple of times the back slid when the pipes hit the road. :eek: :eek:

I ain't ridden it either but when/if I do I will be very cautious!!!
It looks beautiful but I don't think it is worth dieing for.

ipz2222

Equipment
L235, bx2670
May 30, 2009
chickamauga ga usa
Amazing, I've been down that road 5 times and never saw a wreck or tractor trailer trucks. Supposed to have been there this month but been sick.