So many views and so few replies?

Ed Hill

Equipment
B3000 with Meteor drag snowblower and mid-mount mower; M7040 with accessories
Jun 22, 2009
Wheelock, VT
More views than replies is a bad thing? Many of us are limited to giving bad or questionable advice. Some of us are being conditioned by life to shut up and be quiet. Some of us are so new to tractors and equipment that we really have nothing to offer. God Bless those of you who have experience and do comment!

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
I read and learn and chime in where I can,, but mostly Im just dumber than a box of rocks so I keep my fingers off the keys,,lol:D

E/S

Equipment
2009 M8540HDC 4x4 w/ Cab
Jan 6, 2010
Reno, NV
I don't see a point.
Kind of like talking to hear yourself speak.

E/S

Wildfire

Equipment
Kubota L5740 HSTC3 and a Kubota ZG222Z, 2013 BX25D,Custom Toyota fork lift.
I've noticed the same thing. Lots of views yet very few replies. There are times I could post more but don't bother to do so because of the lack of replies or is it lack of interest :confused: Maybe I Just need to come up with more interesting topics :(

average_gardener

Equipment
Kubota L1501,Tiller 48,Finish Mower 48,Disc 48,Blade 48, Bush Hog 48, etc
Apr 17, 2011
Keithville, la, usa
Well, I expected some bashing on this post. I know most are here just to read and learn. I do the same. There's lots of good info here and a lot of experienced people to help. It just seemed odd to me that some posts have hundreds of views and just a couple of replies. I too am in the crowd that really doesn't know much. I agree that this post was really pointless. I was just a little bored, sipping on a cold one, and was anxious to see some replies to one my other posts. But, thanks for chiming in. Ding Ding

Wildfire

Equipment
Kubota L5740 HSTC3 and a Kubota ZG222Z, 2013 BX25D,Custom Toyota fork lift.
Well, I expected some bashing on this post. I know most are here just to read and learn. I do the same. There's lots of good info here and a lot of experienced people to help. It just seemed odd to me that some posts have hundreds of views and just a couple of replies. I too am in the crowd that really doesn't know much. I agree that this post was really pointless. I was just a little bored, sipping on a cold one, and was anxious to see some replies to one my other posts. But, thanks for chiming in. Ding Ding
Well regardless what you say about the topic I still think it had to be brought up. To have a healthy forum it takes people getting involved and posting. If they don't it's like talking to ones self. Hell I can do that without having to type it out here ;) I'm of the opinion if you don't use it you loose it and to keep members interested in staying on this site we should do our best to post and post often. Just my 2 cents worth

cabu

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kuno B1-15 (B1502DT)
May 24, 2009
Germany, Oyten
When you check the members you find 5300+ but only 650 active. And even this will only be a 50 real active.
From my point of few, as long somebody is replying to my word's I will stay. This is a really good forum, but if more people join but ask only onetwo thread's and that's it, it's no fun. I like to talk to you guy's, even if it not orange...
Let's keep connected and be a family. :rolleyes:
I am not in another community like facebook or twitter or blabla. I don't want to wast my private-time also infront of a computer...

carl

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
Keep in mind too that with 5000 plus memebers its hard to keep track of every single question that is posted. For me I just get on here and there a few hours in the evening and see whats what on here and if I'm able to answer a question I'll chime in and share what I know. I've noticed to that alot of times people sign up and join OTT and hide out in the shadows reading what others have to say for a few months then pop up with a comment or question.

ipz2222

Equipment
L235, bx2670
May 30, 2009
chickamauga ga usa
I read from 50 to 75 posts and reply to one. The reason?? I dont' have a knowledgable responce. If I can't help, I don't waste my time or others. Unless we're just bs'ing.