So….. calling people ANYTHING RUDE!

mcfarmall

Equipment
Kubota M5660SUHD, Farmall C
Sep 11, 2013
Kalamazoo, MI
Just throwing this out there, there is a function on here to block someone so you never see their posts.

I find that I enjoy this forum a lot more when I block people that annoy me. It's a life changer!

Reactions: 3 users

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
1979 B7100DT Gear, Nissan Hanix N150-2 Excavator
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
Wow, 4 pages since 9:38 this morning, must have been a good one. :)

But, as usual, I missed all the fun. :(

Reactions: 1 user

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Readers Digest version....

Someone wrote something they probably shouldn't have.
Others took offence at what was wrote.
Someone told me I wasn't doing my "JOB".
I did my "JOB".
I took more heat for not doing my "JOB"
I went and drank more coffee!

• Haha
Reactions: 7 users

The Evil Twin

Equipment
L2501, LA526,
Jul 19, 2022
Virginia

I did my "JOB".
Coffee is clearly the problem. 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

DustyRusty

Equipment
2020 BX23S, BX2822 Snowblower, Curtis Deluxe Cab,
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
You folks have no idea of how patient North Idaho Wolfman is nor how tolerant he has been in the past. I am both an administrator and a moderator with administrative privileges on a couple of rather large forums, and I work in the background making sure that there are no smoking embers that will break into a wildfire. I was gone for 10 days and everything went along smoothly, and no one knew that I was absent. This is how a forum should work, however, sometimes you have people that will test the waters just to see how much they can get away with. I will admit that once or twice I have myself wandered over the line, but my lane-keeping features pulled me back onto the correct side of the road. Occasionally it is necessary to require a reread of the rules of the forum. I hope that the combatants in this dispute can come to their collective senses and work toward the common good of all of the members.

Reactions: 6 users

NCL4701

Equipment
L4701, T2290, WC68, grapple, BB1572, Farmi W50R, Howes 500, 16kW IMD gen, WG24
Apr 27, 2020
Central Piedmont, NC
Seriously though, fecalphilia is a genuine condition and ruins an average of 200 pants per year.
Thank you. You taught me a new word today. I will work it into conversation as much as practical in the near future.

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users

Flintknapper

Premium Member

Equipment
L2350DT
May 3, 2022
Deep East Texas
'Fecalphilia'
Thank you. You taught me a new word today. I will work it into conversation as much as practical in the near future.
Just be careful who you talk to. These days you might upset someone concerned about any 'Endangered Feces' that might exist out there. :LOL:

• Haha

WDF

Equipment
Kubota L2501 HST/FEL
Jan 4, 2021
Central Florida

I did my "JOB".
I thought you were out cutting firewood?
Gotta buy and burn that 2cycle gas before all those folks currently in Davos who want to ban oil refineries decide fuel is only for private jets, not chainsaws or tractors.

Reactions: 1 user

Mark_BX25D

Equipment
Bx25D
Jul 19, 2020
Virginia
Occasionally it is necessary to require a reread of the rules of the forum.
After seeing the start of these fireworks this morning, I went looking on the forum for those rules. I could not find them anywhere.

Can someone point me to them?

(This is not a smart-alek post. I'd really like to read through them.)

DustyRusty

Equipment
2020 BX23S, BX2822 Snowblower, Curtis Deluxe Cab,
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
After seeing the start of these fireworks this morning, I went looking on the forum for those rules. I could not find them anywhere.

Can someone point me to them?

(This is not a smart-alek post. I'd really like to read through them.)
Much to my surprise, I couldn't find them either. The closest that I could find was " Terms and Rules. https://www.orangetractortalks.com/forums/help/terms/ Possibly it is time that the administrator consider adding them. Below are some of the basics that has served me well for 2 decades of forum ownership. We have about 3 pages that cover other forum issues to eliminate specific problems that may arise.

TERMS OF SERVICE

STANDARDS

We’re a community with quality standards and expect our members to make a sincere effort to contribute their thoughts on interesting subjects in a meaningful and respectful manner. Posting messages and otherwise interacting on this board is completely optional; many members often prefer to just read what others have to say.

If you do choose to post, we expect you to adhere to the polite standards of behavior that would be acceptable in any public group or place, and to respect the time of others by posting meaningfully.

VULGARITY

Stated simply, it WON’T be tolerated. If in doubt about a post, DON’T. As a community with a diverse variety of members and readers of all ages and backgrounds and beliefs, we ask members to post without using crude or vulgar language or images- PERIOD. In addition, the "masking" of vulgarity by inserting ** or another keystroke in place of one or more letters in a vulgar term is unacceptable in most cases. This applies to all content submitted by users including post text, images, PM’s, album pics, profile pics, avatars, and signatures.

DIVERSITY

This is a public forum viewable by people of all ages, genders, and demographic groups. We expect you to conduct yourself in a mature, courteous manner. Treat others as you wish to be treated. Inflammatory, libelous, slanderous, lewd, obscene, bigoted, indecent, and threatening posts will not be tolerated. We are a diverse community of XYZ enthusiasts, from many different backgrounds and with different perspectives on our hobby and life in general.

The mission of this forum is to provide a place for a friendly, informative discussion of about XYZ tractors. Opinions and viewpoints will vary. You agree to respect the other members of this forum, and to allow them the right to have and retain their own opinions and viewpoints. You have the option in your User CP to 'Ignore' those posters you find disagreeable.

HARASSMENT

Harassment occurs when a member insults, attacks, and denigrates another member at any time. We have zero tolerance for taking an argument about any topic to a personal level. For instance, the use of terms such as "idiot”, “moron”, "stupid", and other derogatory terms constitutes harassment. Repeated critical and sharply negative posts toward a forum member can also constitute harassment. This applies to all content submitted by users including posts, avatars, and signatures. Offenders may be warned, given a "time out" from the forum, or an outright ban depending on the severity of the harassment. Criticizing others' spelling or sentence structure is a form of harassment.

FREEDOM of SPEECH

We hear a lot about "MY Freedom of Speech can't be restricted!"
You are wrong! These forums are privately owned property that is made available for free public use within our Rules, Terms of Service (TOS), conditions, and guidelines. Everyone who registers here has agreed to be bound by all of these.

The 1st Amendment protects the right to freedom of expression from government interference. However, you are currently posting on www.xyz123abc.com, a private web property, and your comments are bound by our site's policies. We have a zero-tolerance policy for comments containing violence, threats (direct or indirect), threatening acts, racism of any form, crassness or profanity (any word or phrase considered by courteous society to be profane), all caps (a violation of Internet etiquette), discourteous behavior (calling names, rude or insulting statements directed at another user or post) or violations similar in nature to any of these offenses. Posts violating our policies of posting are subject to removal and the user may face suspension or banning. Thank you for joining us to maintain a courteous and useful public environment where we can engage in reasonable discussion about Kubota Tractors, and other topics.

This means we have the right to forbid, limit, or restrict specific topics, crude language as defined by us, and types of behavior. You have the right not to post here if you disagree with those Rules, TOS, or guidelines. You have the right to go elsewhere.

Copyright reserved by DustyRusty for the above "Terms of Service".

Mark_BX25D

Equipment
Bx25D
Jul 19, 2020
Virginia
Thank you, sir! (y)

Thank you both for posting that link and for confirming that I'm not (yet) losing my mind (any more than I already have). ;)

But in keeping with the spirit of this thread, just let me say to all....

You're ugly and your mother dresses you funny! :D

You may now return to your regularly scheduled bickering. (y)

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
1979 B7100DT Gear, Nissan Hanix N150-2 Excavator
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
I thought it was "Your mother is ugly and you dress funny!" :D

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
In the interest of 'equality' let's just make them BOTH Ugly and dressing funny. No argument that way. ;)
In northern Appalachia where I live, usually plays out that way….😉

• Haha