snowblower chute

Goofy

Equipment
L4060, Landpride grade blade, York rake & front mount snowblower
Dec 2, 2023
Bennington
does anyone make a retro kit to make a blower chute defector moveable from the cab? have a Kubota L4060 with a Landpride front mount blower that doesn't have a power defector that you can adjust from the drivers seat and would really like to do that to save the hassle of getting in and out to adjust. like to make it as simple as possible and hopefully Kubota makes a kit. thanks

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Do a search in here, as I recall some time ago, someone use an electric actuator for the chute deflector. Trying to remember but I dont think it was to crazy a mod, if you have some scrap and a welder

DustyRusty

Equipment
2020 BX23S, BX2822 Snowblower, Curtis Deluxe Cab,
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
Yes, there is, I believe, a Kubota electrically operated product (BX2820) ($560.00) that works for your application, and I have one that I removed from my BX2816 snowblower because I converted it to a hydraulically operated hood since I have a 3rd function valve to control it. The cylinder was removed from a damaged snow plow since the angle cylinder is the same as the required cylinder. If you are interested in purchasing it, please contact me using the forum message system. I will sell it for $300 plus shipping. Anyone that is interested in this, please check to be certain that it will work with your snowblower.

bird dogger

Vendor Member

Equipment
Kubota B2650 and lots of other equipment
Feb 24, 2019
North Dakota
It's an easy mod with a 12 vdc actuator. Here is my setup on my 5 ft lorenz blower. See post #14

A simple 2 conductor supply cable to the actuator from a DPDT (spring return double pole double throw, center off) toggle switch or other will give you reverse direction (chute up or down) control.

CAPT Seabee

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Grand L5460
Dec 28, 2022
Bonners Ferry ID
Two normal ways: 3rd function or diverter switch. I'm on the diverter but will likely pull that as I put in the 3rd function this year. If using a diverter, just use it to adjust the deflection and turn the switch back to chute rotation. That way you don't cook the solenoid on the diverter.

B737

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX3310
Jun 9, 2019
New Jersey
another vote for just using electric actuators

Reactions: 1 user

Goofy

Equipment
L4060, Landpride grade blade, York rake & front mount snowblower
Dec 2, 2023
Bennington
Thanks everyone, I will look into these options

bird dogger

Vendor Member

Equipment
Feb 24, 2019
North Dakota
another vote for just using electric actuators

Kevin, where did you get that monster actuator for your chute deflection? Make and model, please. Thanks!!

Mine is just a cheapy, but so far so good. If/when it does fail, I would consider something beefier like yours appears to be!!

Is the top part that's attached to the deflector something you added? Looks like polished brass!!
Definitely a nice, heavy duty setup!!

David

B737

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX3310
Jun 9, 2019
New Jersey
Kevin, where did you get that monster actuator for your chute deflection? Make and model, please. Thanks!!

Mine is just a cheapy, but so far so good. If/when it does fail, I would consider something beefier like yours appears to be!!

Is the top part that's attached to the deflector something you added? Looks like polished brass!!
Definitely a nice, heavy duty setup!!

David
David they are nothing fancy, I keep a spare set on hand just in case. But they have been reliable so far. The set used on my dads machine have been in service many years.

Yes that brass fitting was machined to make the final connection. I was going to weld a 'metal stick' from steel, but it was deemed "too crude" 😂

Showmedata

Equipment
LX3310
May 18, 2022
Boulder CO
David they are nothing fancy, I keep a spare set on hand just in case. But they have been reliable so far. The set used on my dads machine have been in service many years.

Yes that brass fitting was machined to make the final connection. I was going to weld a 'metal stick' from steel, but it was deemed "too crude" 😂

I'm more interested in that bevel gear that drives the chute rotation - where did you get that? I had a custom straight gear cut from plastic that's working on mine, but I know it's the weak link.

B737

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX3310
Jun 9, 2019
New Jersey
That was just part of the hand crank that came with the unit, its very crude. Just cut the hand crank part off leaving only the shaft w its gear, then fitted the motor to it.

Reactions: 1 users

bird dogger

Vendor Member

Equipment
Feb 24, 2019
North Dakota

Thanks much for the "links"! Maybe it's your professional photagraphy that makes the pieces look so stout!! At first, I figured you had the top piece on the chute deflector plated in 24k gold. Then figured it had to be a machined brass tube. :ROFLMAO: But hadn't seen an actuator with that as standard equipment.

The chute rotation motor is another great option if/when my 30 yr old dc motor dies. thanks!!

Clear Skies!!

Showmedata

Equipment
LX3310
May 18, 2022
Boulder CO
That was just part of the hand crank that came with the unit, its very crude. Just cut the hand crank part off leaving only the shaft w its gear, then fitted the motor to it.
Ah ok. My hand crank had a janky worm drive I didn't want to re-use because the worn is sheet metal - looks more like an Archimedes screw than a worm gear. Backlash like whoa.

ctfjr

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800HST
Dec 7, 2009
central ct
Ah ok. My hand crank had a janky worm drive I didn't want to re-use because the worn is sheet metal - looks more like an Archimedes screw than a worm gear. Backlash like whoa.
On my conversion I tried to do it so it could be returned to the original crank for whatever reason. I reused the worm gear, disconnected the shaft and had a simple bracket welded up to support a dc motor I picked up on ebay. So far so good :)
motor mounted .jpg

Reactions: 2 users

Hkb82

Equipment
M7060, Ford 5600, can-am defender
Nov 17, 2021
Ontario Canada
I used a winch to operate my chute rotation. Not the fastest rotation but it gets the job done with little thought process. lol not the best photo but I guess I didn’t take many during the quick conversion.

Attachments

edritchey

Lifetime Member

Equipment
A bunch of cute little Kubotas
Jul 19, 2014
Wellsville, PA
These cost a little more than your basic home brew models listed above but this unit is well thought out and uses good quality parts I’ve used them in several applications the latest was I put one on a Woods SB84C 3 point snowblower. They come with everything you need and with Amazon it’s just click to buy and wait a few days and it at your door. 😀

Reactions: 1 users

DustyRusty

Equipment
2020 BX23S, BX2822 Snowblower, Curtis Deluxe Cab,
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
These cost a little more than your basic home brew models listed above but this unit is well thought out and uses good quality parts I’ve used them in several applications the latest was I put one on a Woods SB84C 3 point snowblower. They come with everything you need and with Amazon it’s just click to buy and wait a few days and it at your door. 😀

#189.95 fastest delivery December 31 - January 20 That us more than a few days.

edritchey

Lifetime Member

Equipment
A bunch of cute little Kubotas
Jul 19, 2014
Wellsville, PA
Installed another kit on a Woods SB84C today here kits are awesome sells them on Ebay too I'll post a link below. If you want a universal chute deflector these are hard to beat.

See his stuff here

IMG_4404.jpeg