Simple Gate

Wildfire

Equipment
Kubota L5740 HSTC3 and a Kubota ZG222Z, 2013 BX25D,Custom Toyota fork lift.
I know it's not tractor related but I figured some might enjoy seeing it.

As long as we have been in business we've had people drive right up to our shop after hours checking to see if we are around. On one occasion a non customer came up while we were having a BBQ asking me about an issue with his vehicle that another local shop couldn't fix. Now normally I'd be ok with that but during a family gathering and on a Sunday:mad:

The other issue we had with people driving up after hours was security. They could easily back into a customers vehicle when we are not there. That wouldn't be to much of an issue because of all the cameras we have in place but it's still a concern.

I'm hoping this simple gate will solve the problem. I designed it like this so the snow won't hold up in it and that it will be easy to open when there's snow down on the ground. All the lettering on it is highly reflective vinyl for nighttime safety. I didn't want to put anything too elaborate there but I think this just might keep them out :D

Tooljunkie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L1501,home built carry all, mini plow blade.
May 13, 2014
Lac Du Bonnet, Manitoba,Canada
Very nice.
I only had to turf one guy off my property so far - he rolled right into my storage building, just wanted see what i had in storage.

BAP

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2012 Kubota 2920, 60MMM, FEL, BH65 48" Bush Hog, 60"Backblade, B2782B Snowblower
Dec 31, 2012
New Hampshire
That looks very nice Wildfire. Looks great, simple, an effective deterrent, but blends in quite well.

Little Orange

Equipment
Kubota BX25D TLB, hitch frame, FEL forks, 3pt steel ballast and back blade
Dec 8, 2013
Comox Valley, BC Canada
Great design, very simple but excellent, a lot of thought went into that design.
Side note looks very much like our logging road gates that pepper the access roads around here. The colour still needs some work.

Wildfire

Equipment
Very nice.
I only had to turf one guy off my property so far - he rolled right into my storage building, just wanted see what i had in storage.
Thanks. Gee the nerve some guys have. I've seem similar things happen to me like that. Let's just say I loose 90% of my niceness when that happens.

That looks very nice Wildfire. Looks great, simple, an effective deterrent, but blends in quite well.
Thanks. Sometimes simple is best. Thinking ahead this coming winter I didn't want the snow hanging up at the gate but still wanted to keep people out on our off hours.

Great design, very simple but excellent, a lot of thought went into that design.
Side note looks very much like our logging road gates that pepper the access roads around here. The colour still needs some work.
Thank you. It's strong, swings easily and it will keep folks out. I usually like to go a little fancier with this sort of thing but wanted it to be practical for this application. Painted it green so it wouldn't look to out of place and blend in better with the surroundings.

ipz2222

Equipment
L235, bx2670
May 30, 2009
chickamauga ga usa
"Painted it green so it would blend in better",,, yea, blend in with the grass. I can just see some 6 pack bud guy driveing right into it. Wildfire,, Put some ORANGE on it...(bg)

Wildfire

Equipment
"Painted it green so it would blend in better",,, yea, blend in with the grass. I can just see some 6 pack bud guy driveing right into it. Wildfire,, Put some ORANGE on it...(bg)
Well if their going to run into it because it's painted green then the hedging and trees will get hit as well I guess. There's reflective tape on the thing. Take a closer look. Paint it ORANGE. You serious?????? The 6 pack Bud guy shouldn't be driving if they are drinking

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Hmmm simple gate huh,,, I just know there has got to be more to it than that! Intruder alert system, turret mounted lasers ,there's got to more to it than that :D As always a fine job!

Wildfire

Equipment
Hmmm simple gate huh,,, I just know there has got to be more to it than that! Intruder alert system, turret mounted lasers ,there's got to more to it than that :D As always a fine job!

Ha!. Ya there is another feature involved but for security reasons I'll stop at that lol.

My wifee did make me that warning decal :D

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA

You know Skeets, I was thinking the same thing .....except my idea was that Paul has a remote on ALL of his Kubota's and his wife has a remote in her vehicle that opens the gate fully upon arrival, and the gate closes after 22.64 seconds later and locks sending a signal the shop saying that the gate is secure.:D Now if an intruder stops by and does not have the proper ID, four laser turrets point at him with red beams of light just long enough to scare the holy sheeat out of them:eek:

anyway I ramble - dayum nice gate!

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Yeah I looked at the pics again real close and didn't see any high voltage insulators so I guess 22.5 kv is out of the question,,,,, for now

BAP

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2012 Kubota 2920, 60MMM, FEL, BH65 48" Bush Hog, 60"Backblade, B2782B Snowblower
Dec 31, 2012
New Hampshire
Yeah I looked at the pics again real close and didn't see any high voltage insulators so I guess 22.5 kv is out of the question,,,,, for now
They are just well camouflaged, and the lines are buried to the concrete footings.