Shortage of oil and filters

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4700DT, LA1002FEL, Ferguson5-8B Compactor-Roller, 10KDumpTrailer, RTV-X900
May 18, 2018
Texas
Wow ...... Just because you don't know or don't understand, doesn't mean it isn't true.

Your inability to read and comprehend plain English text and your attempt to transfer the meaning to an entirely unrelated subject indicates your mission as a fool.
The Sep 7, 2021 WH statement has effectively nothing to do with the goods brought into the country. It has to do with the use of social-media and interference in an election. I really should have recalled Mark Twains’ advice about arguing with fools and I could have better saved my time and avoided damaging my reputation.

rjent

Equipment
B7800, BH, FEL, brushhog, tiller, blade, phd, Boxbld, Chpper
Jan 20, 2020
Truth or Consequences, NM
Why are you being so abusive? My opinion is based on a lot of research. If you don't agree fine, but I have a right to my opinion.

Jchonline

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L6060, KX040-4, M7060, RTV X1100C, M62 (sold)
Oct 28, 2018
Red Feather Lakes, CO
This isn't about orange but red, My 2006 miata. I went to make an appointment to get it inspected yesterday and because I had carpal tunnel surgery on my right hand on the 18th I asked if they would do my oil and filter. I usually do all my own work and they said sure but he needed to make sure he could get a filter as he said it was getting hard to get some now. It surprised me and when I said I have a couple here I can bring one and he said that would be great. I then checked rockauto where I get the wix and they are out of stock. local napa and advance auto were low on choices but then I noticed oil is out of stock too. I did a google search and there is stories about oils and filters out of stock at amazon and more. Wix supposedly is lacking some inner valve or something and can't make some so they are behind. I was able to pick up two jugs of Edge 5w20 at advance and a couple of the better K&N filters for future.

This mess is getting worse by the day.

Bill
On my F250 diesel I always provide my own filter and oil when I go to Jiffy lube. The sole reason I dont do my own is the cleanup. Luckily I have 2 more changes worth of supplies!

Jchonline

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L6060, KX040-4, M7060, RTV X1100C, M62 (sold)
Oct 28, 2018
Red Feather Lakes, CO
Why are you being so abusive? My opinion is based on a lot of research. If you don't agree fine, but I have a right to my opinion.
Perhaps it is because we were having a discussion about parts availability and you made it political? Keep the politics out of these threads please. You say you didn't want it to get political, but you were the one that brought politics into the discussion by mentioning Trump, election interference, presidents, Democrats, etc.

You do have the right to your opinion, but per the forum guidelines politics isn't allowed...so you don't have a right to post political opinions here. Neither do I.

rjent

Equipment
B7800, BH, FEL, brushhog, tiller, blade, phd, Boxbld, Chpper
Jan 20, 2020
Truth or Consequences, NM
Perhaps it is because we were having a discussion about parts availability and you made it political? Keep the politics out of these threads please. You say you didn't want it to get political, but you were the one that brought politics into the discussion by mentioning Trump, election interference, presidents, Democrats, etc.

You do have the right to your opinion, but per the forum guidelines politics isn't allowed...so you don't have a right to post political opinions here. Neither do I.
Fair enough.

DustyRusty

Equipment
2020 BX23S, BX2822 Snowblower, Curtis Deluxe Cab,
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
Exactly correct!
There should be an IQ test for voting!
I could not have described the current situation better!
Glad that at 81 I will not be watching this stupidity much longer!
It is the female voting population that is messing everything up.........:giggle: 😈

Reactions: 1 user

lugbolt

Equipment
ZG127S-54
Oct 15, 2015
Mid, South, USA
yeah there's been shortages of certain things for a while

on my little car, takes an FL300 filter. Parts stores haven't been able to get them for like 2 years. I found a case of them at a yard sale (of all places!) and bought them. Stocked up for a while. Of course it won't be long and that little car will be outlawed. That's ok. I'll still drive it until the stupid government can afford to buy me a brand newer one

Reactions: 1 user

mattwithcats

Jun 17, 2017
Virginia
Motorcraft FL300 is PH16.

Look on Rock Auto for good prices…

Also, if you have room, a PH8a is an inch or two longer, same base and bypass…