Shortage of oil and filters

Chanceywd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L2501DT BH77 VIRNIG URG60-CT 1950 8N
Mar 26, 2021
central ny
This isn't about orange but red, My 2006 miata. I went to make an appointment to get it inspected yesterday and because I had carpal tunnel surgery on my right hand on the 18th I asked if they would do my oil and filter. I usually do all my own work and they said sure but he needed to make sure he could get a filter as he said it was getting hard to get some now. It surprised me and when I said I have a couple here I can bring one and he said that would be great. I then checked rockauto where I get the wix and they are out of stock. local napa and advance auto were low on choices but then I noticed oil is out of stock too. I did a google search and there is stories about oils and filters out of stock at amazon and more. Wix supposedly is lacking some inner valve or something and can't make some so they are behind. I was able to pick up two jugs of Edge 5w20 at advance and a couple of the better K&N filters for future.

This mess is getting worse by the day.

Bill

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
This isn't about orange but red, My 2006 miata. I went to make an appointment to get it inspected yesterday and because I had carpal tunnel surgery on my right hand on the 18th I asked if they would do my oil and filter. I usually do all my own work and they said sure but he needed to make sure he could get a filter as he said it was getting hard to get some now. It surprised me and when I said I have a couple here I can bring one and he said that would be great. I then checked rockauto where I get the wix and they are out of stock. local napa and advance auto were low on choices but then I noticed oil is out of stock too. I did a google search and there is stories about oils and filters out of stock at amazon and more. Wix supposedly is lacking some inner valve or something and can't make some so they are behind. I was able to pick up two jugs of Edge 5w20 at advance and a couple of the better K&N filters for future.

This mess is getting worse by the day.

Bill
I always keep at LEAST one oil filter on hand for each piece of equipment or automobile.
When I change oil and filter I use stocked stuff, then buy replacement supplies.

Reactions: 4 users

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
big, ok HUGE.. bottleneck is 'transportation'. LOTS of stock in warehouses but no one to drive the trucks to get products to the stores.
look at the ships anchored at the Port of LA, 150+ ships, each with 20,0000 seacans , ALL have to be trucked out of the port to several lots, then trucked/trained to final destination. it's simple 'math'... waay too many seacans, and too few drivers

Chanceywd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Mar 26, 2021
central ny
I spent $535 in kubota dealer last month because I see this coming. I bought 2 pails of UDT2, 2 10 qt motor oil several oil filters, hydraulic filter, air filter, fuel filters and i think that was it. I might be missing something of what I picked up but figured It could be scarce when a change or just adding and didn't want to put something else in. I noticed at least one of the filters was made in china.

Bill

fried1765

Equipment
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
I spent $535 in kubota dealer last month because I see this coming. I bought 2 pails of UDT2, 2 10 qt motor oil several oil filters, hydraulic filter, air filter, fuel filters and i think that was it. I might be missing something of what I picked up but figured It could be scarce when a change or just adding and didn't want to put something else in. I noticed at least one of the filters was made in china.

Bill
Yup!
I have SUDT-2, and a complete set of Kubota replacement filters in stock.

Chanceywd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Mar 26, 2021
central ny
Yup!
I have SUDT-2, and a complete set of Kubota replacement filters in stock.
I see you have an 8N too! I have a 1950, 3 years older than me! It is my plowing tractor for snow. I added a front pump and have hydraulics with a front mount dearborn plow. I changed the mounting and added power angle so it works quite well on my 300' plus driveway. I couldn't get rid of it when I got the kubota.

Bill

rjent

Equipment
B7800, BH, FEL, brushhog, tiller, blade, phd, Boxbld, Chpper
Jan 20, 2020
Truth or Consequences, NM
Trump's Executive Order 13848 prevents any goods brought into the country from a country or entity that interfered with the election.

Yes, it is provable LOL

jyoutz

Equipment
MX6000 HST open station, FEL, 6’ cutter, forks, 8’ rear blade, 7’ cultivator
Jan 14, 2019
Edgewood, New Mexico
Trump's Executive Order 13848 prevents any goods brought into the country from a country or entity that interfered with the election.

Yes, it is provable LOL
Executive orders are only valid until they are rescinded or modified by the next president.

fried1765

Equipment
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
I see you have an 8N too! I have a 1950, 3 years older than me! It is my plowing tractor for snow. I added a front pump and have hydraulics with a front mount dearborn plow. I changed the mounting and added power angle so it works quite well on my 300' plus driveway. I couldn't get rid of it when I got the kubota.

Bill
Have you added power steering?
That tractor certainly really needs it, especially if it has a loader.

Yup.......I have a really nice 1951 8N (no loader) with Sherman transmission.
It is 11 years younger than me.
I no longer use it at all (no battery in it).
Like you, I just don't seem to be willing to part with it.

rjent

Equipment
Jan 20, 2020
Executive orders are only valid until they are rescinded or modified by the next president.
That is not true. Look it up. Like I said, it is provable.

To reverse Trump’s EO’s signed and instituted and triggered into operational status by a national emergency, Biden would have to declare an end to the COVID pandemic (the national emergency). I’m pretty sure one of PEAD’s Trump signed involved his successor not being allowed by the military to reveal the election interference EO has become active. So Biden hasn’t declared an end to the national emergency because he can’t. Also, I’m pretty sure behind the scenes Trump’s EO on election interference being triggered activated several PEAD’s Trump signed that the Democrats in Congress are still trying get information about with their 1/6 commission subpoenaing Trump and Bannon. They will never get the information they’re frantically trying to uncover.

jyoutz

Equipment
Jan 14, 2019
Edgewood, New Mexico
That is not true. Look it up. Like I said, it is provable.

To reverse Trump’s EO’s signed and instituted and triggered into operational status by a national emergency, Biden would have to declare an end to the COVID pandemic (the national emergency). I’m pretty sure one of PEAD’s Trump signed involved his successor not being allowed by the military to reveal the election interference EO has become active. So Biden hasn’t declared an end to the national emergency because he can’t. Also, I’m pretty sure behind the scenes Trump’s EO on election interference being triggered activated several PEAD’s Trump signed that the Democrats in Congress are still trying get information about with their 1/6 commission subpoenaing Trump and Bannon. They will never get the information they’re frantically trying to uncover.
Executive o

Reactions: 1 user

jyoutz

Equipment
Jan 14, 2019
Edgewood, New Mexico
Executive orders are not laws. They are direction from a president to the executive branch agencies on how the president wants the agencies to operate. The next president can change as they see fit.

rjent

Equipment
Jan 20, 2020
If you say so LOL

I don't want this thread to get political (even though it is) so I'm done.

Peace brother.....

Chanceywd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Mar 26, 2021
central ny
Have you added power steering?
That tractor certainly really needs it, especially if it has a loader.

Yup.......I have a really nice 1951 8N (no loader) with Sherman transmission.
It is 11 years younger than me.
I no longer use it at all (no battery in it).
Like you, I just don't seem to be willing to part with it.
Well I will probably get roasted for this but yes I added power steering, No loader but the high, low. direct sherman in it. Here is where the purists will disagree. I altered the steering with electric one out of some gm I think it was a saturn. Quite a bit of work but my arthritic shoulders love it! Makes it good for snow and in the woods doing firewood.

ItBmine

Equipment
B2620, RTV-X1100C
Jan 21, 2014
Canada
Glad I keep enough oil and filters ahead at home to do 3 changes on all my stuff.

Even Caterpillar.....we have a 950M Cat and the front U-Joints are getting noisy and Toromont Cat said there are no U-joints for it anywhere in North America and they have no timeline.

fried1765

Equipment
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
Well I will probably get roasted for this but yes I added power steering, No loader but the high, low. direct sherman in it. Here is where the purists will disagree. I altered the steering with electric one out of some gm I think it was a saturn. Quite a bit of work but my arthritic shoulders love it! Makes it good for snow and in the woods doing firewood.
I certainly will not "roast" you for adding power steering to your 8N.
The 8N definitely needs it.

I went a different route.
Pushed the 8N in the corner (it looks nice there), and bought a 1989 Ford 1920 FEL.
Then I completely refurbished the 1920 (1000 hours, so no engine work).
I love using the 1920, but also have my much larger Kubota L48 TLB.

You might consider a set of 3pt forks for the 8N.
They don't go very high, but will lift a lot, and are very handy for moving stuff on pallets.
I use mine a lot on the 1920.
Got them from Agri Supply.

Chanceywd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Mar 26, 2021
central ny
I certainly will not "roast" you for adding power steering to your 8N.
The 8N definitely needs it.

I went a different route.
Pushed the 8N in the corner (it looks nice there), and bought a 1989 Ford 1920 FEL.
Then I completely refurbished the 1920 (1000 hours, so no engine work).
I love using the 1920, but also have my much larger Kubota L48 TLB.

You might consider a set of 3pt forks for the 8N.
They don't go very high, but will lift a lot, and are very handy for moving stuff on pallets.
I use mine a lot on the 1920.
Got them from Agri Supply.
I have a set for the 3pt I made probably 15 years ago or more with some 2" square tube. I have used them for everything and I palletize my firewood and move that. I bought forks for the kubota loader but quite a learning curve to that! Broke some pallets last year. I just added a backup camera to the front in the brush guard but haven't tried that yet.

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4700DT, LA1002FEL, Ferguson5-8B Compactor-Roller, 10KDumpTrailer, RTV-X900
May 18, 2018
Texas
If you say so LOL

I don't want this thread to get political (even though it is) so I'm done.

Peace brother.....
That pretty-well demonstrates your illogic. The only thing that concerns me about this sort of thing is that it proves how many fellow citizens are demonstrably stoopid and how dangerous they are to our country and the world. America will never be “great” again because it will never be trusted by the world again now that they have seen how crazy Americans can be to elect such morons to office and still remain ignorant misguided voters.

fried1765

Equipment
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
That pretty-well demonstrates your illogic. The only thing that concerns me about this sort of thing is that it proves how many fellow citizens are demonstrably stoopid and how dangerous they are to our country and the world. America will never be “great” again because it will never be trusted by the world again now that they have seen how crazy Americans can be to elect such morons to office and still remain ignorant misguided voters.
Exactly correct!
There should be an IQ test for voting!
I could not have described the current situation better!
Glad that at 81 I will not be watching this stupidity much longer!

rjent

Equipment
Jan 20, 2020
Wow ...... Just because you don't know or don't understand, doesn't mean it isn't true.