Security from theft

Kytim

Equipment
B6000DT, B7100DT,Snowplow, RM360, Scoop, Cultivator, Carryall,Disk, plow
Aug 14, 2009
Western Ky
When i'm done with them, there will be a loss of body fluids but, not because I poked a hole in "them!" Like I said, I know how to use it...well. My daughter also works for the police dept. here.

steve l

Equipment
2 m9000,9540 all cabgmd700 kuhn 605m vermeer,r23a vermeer rake,468 jd baler,
Dec 29, 2010
bullard,texas 75757
i dont ever lock my tractor when i leave in the field because there is nothing in it worth anything to a thief but the stereo.i hope i have a nice thief and he opens the door and not break the glass to get in,so that way i can still use the a/c that day.

kkcomp

Equipment
B3300SU with BH77 Backhoe, 5 ft rotary cutter, box blade and 504 loader with 60
Nov 1, 2012
Jacksonville, Fl
Long story but I am not sure much more could have been done to prevent the theft.

I have a 4 acre lot I am converting to an orchard. One day while clearing trees and brush a guy stopped and asked if I did tractor work and I said no. He persisted and said it's just down the street. I said no I have no way to transport the tractor. He asked if the trailer would carry it and I said yes but I have no truck to pull it with (Well now I have atruck but not then). The guy drove past a few times that day and I could not find anyone with a truck who was free to come tow the trailer to my house. So I paulled the trailer sideways in the road, wrapped a 3/8 inch stainless steel mesh cable around the trailer, the tractor and a large tree and locked it up. Then I left the air out of the trailer tires and took the battery out of the tractor and stayed there till well after dark. Before I left I locked the gate and for extra measure put a chain across the entrance. The next morning I got back out there at 6:00am the gate was busted down, the chain was cut, the trailer and the tractor were gone.

Kytim

Equipment
Aug 14, 2009
Western Ky
The next morning I got back out there at 6:00am the gate was busted down, the chain was cut, the trailer and the tractor were gone.
Man, that makes my blood boil!!!!

Kytim

Equipment
Aug 14, 2009
Western Ky
Letting the air out of the tires was a nice touch but even if you had taken the wheels and tires they probably would have got it anyway. Thief's have no boundaries.

hodge

Lifetime Member

Equipment
John Deere 790 John Deere 310 backhoe Bobcat 743
Nov 19, 2010
Love, VA
Letting the air out of the tires was a nice touch but even if you had taken the wheels and tires they probably would have got it anyway. Thief's have no boundaries.
Especially considering having a great description of the perp and his vehicle, talking to him, introducing yourself. That is pretty brazen- I'm sure it isn't his first time, and he knows that they won't catch him. Kkcomp, as suspicious as you were, maybe you should have put up a tree cam. I'm not trying to find fault in how you handled it, just thinking how it can be remedied. I would have camped out with a couple of buddies who are skilled with shotguns and spotlights. I wouldn't shoot anybody over a tractor, but they sure would have been seeing spots and dancing.

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
And no... darn, can't even wing em' either, that would as well be considered use of deadly force under the law!

David
Never try to wing a thief no matter what state you live in. A theif is like a stray mangy dog. Put them down. Dead men can't testify against you.

The cops told me the last time I was broke in on. A man crazy enough to break in and steal you stuff is crazy enough to hurt you or your family.

"He said to kill them, yes I said kill them. Whatever you do don't wound a theif. If they are only wounded the police will take you to jail and the theif will be free sooner than the shooter would be."

hodge

Lifetime Member

Equipment
John Deere 790 John Deere 310 backhoe Bobcat 743
Nov 19, 2010
Love, VA
Mine is on the fuel filter housing. It should be there, or real close by.