Saying "so long" and thank you all for comments...

Tallbald

Nov 24, 2015
KY
Early last year I brought home from my Father-In-Laws little farm my 1980(81) Kubota L185 two wheel drive tractor. I had great plans to re-paint her and make her pretty enough for parade participation. But in the intervening months, my FIL, a retired minister, and my MIL were viciously killed at their home August 8, 2016. My wife and I found them the afternoon of 08/09/16.http://www.wkyt.com/content/news/Bodies-of-couple-found-in-Butler-County-home-389684072.html
The doctor I bought Orange Crush from died. And three days ago on Mother's Day 2017 my only sibling, a sister 4 years older than me, here in Bowling Green, KY died of cancer diagnosed three and a half weeks ago. Just too much.
I no longer have the interest or energy to restore my little tractor and have listed her on Craigslist and Facebook. I am listing her here too. I had taken her sheet metal off for repainting but 2 weeks ago spot primed her rusty and bare metal spots and put her back together for sale. I'm including Daddy's heavy steel dump wagon, her original manual, a NIB rear halogen implement light, her new upholstered seat, and new draw bar.
1570 hours on her clock. Routinely maintained. Asking $2950 cash please for everything.
Thank you everyone for your kindness. If interested in buying Orange Crush please call me on my cell phone at 27Zero-7NiNE2-1Seven77.
Again thank you all. Don.

Last edited by a moderator:

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
Very sorry to hear of your losses. I am not sure I could have any energy to move on in life itself - much less work on my tractor.

I hope you find piece of mind in the near future! We are thinking of you!

gunner.mac

Lifetime Member

Equipment
1982 L185DT, L1200 FEL. 6' Rear Blade
Nov 15, 2016
Crestwood, KY
My deepest sympathies for you and your family. We will remember you in our prayers.

Mike

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, B2650, Gator, Ingersoll mower
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
Tallbald, I am so sorry...don't know what all your present circumstances are, but I kind of hope no one buys Orange Crush at least for a while so you will have reason to log on here and be among friends. My approach to dealing with loss is to keep working no matter what, but everyone grieves in their own way. Hope you are able to lose yourself in that little tractor for a while longer. All the best,

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
Don, my condolences to you and your family. When tragedy like that strikes it knocks us off of our feet. During the grieving process don't act too fast, when making decisions.

I agree with Sheepfarmer, keeping busy keeps some of the questions our mind comes up with at bay. You're selling one of the things that provided positive thoughts of your FIL, I'd hope you change your mind and keep it just for him.

I've got a drill press out setting in my shop that my father had when I was a pup. The motor is no good. The thing doesn't work. I don't use it. It takes space. BUT I am not selling it. He died when I was 11. It's about the only thing I have that was his. It will be sold in a estate sale!!

Keep your tractor.

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
I can offer nothing more than has been said,, my prayers are with you and your family

Kubota_Man

Equipment
BX24, Rear blade, Front blade, Snowblower, 54" MMM, Box scraper, Landscape rake
Dec 25, 2010
Kellogg, Idaho
I am sorry for your losses. You will be in my families prayers. As stated before I kinda hope you don't sell it (I will support you if you do). I have a couple of things from my Dad. It took me quite awhile to use them. Now that I do use them it does take me back to when I would get a piece of advice or a story.

Tallbald

Nov 24, 2015
KY
Thank each and every one of you for the kind words and prayers. This morning i took Orange Crush for a 30 minute drive through the neighborhood just because, then parked her in the front yard next to the "for sale " sign. Felt good to ride in the bright morning sun with a good breeze. This evening, Miss Penny took our great nephew for a similar trip riding in the wagon on a pillow. At age 5, he was thrilled and loved waving to everyone of course. These will be good times remembered.
I have a very hard time because of my spinal damage and disease even getting into the drivers seat of my beloved tractor. I don't enjoy the idea of letting her go but each time I see her it reminds me of my murdered father in law and stings my heart.
I'm sure it will be quite a while before orange Crush finds a new home given that the paint scheme isn't pretty, but in the meantime I shall still work to enjoy having this old girl around.
Thanks again everyone. Don.

bcbull378

Equipment
GL3830,fel,brush hog,pallet forks,disc,gannon,auger,springtooth,plow,drag,ripper
Sep 6, 2011
Ventura Ca
Just remember no matter how dark life gets , God will not give you an assignment you can't handle. God bless you and your family, with God all things are possible.

CaveCreekRay

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800 HST, KingKutter box scraper, KingKutter 66" rake, County Pride Subsoiler
Jul 11, 2014
Cave Creek, AZ
What everyone else has said...

Right now, I can understand how just getting up is hard. With time, you may need a project to get your mind off your incredibly tough year to date. They say, after a profound loss, don't make any big decisions for at least a year, until things sort themselves out.

Godspeed...

sdk1968

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2601HSD & CK4010HST 4WD/FEL
Oct 19, 2016
Ohio
Don,

sorry for your loss.

i remember when this story hit our local news... hope you get the closure you need.

Tooljunkie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L1501,home built carry all, mini plow blade.
May 13, 2014
Lac Du Bonnet, Manitoba,Canada
Don, sorry for your loss. It's never easy. My dad passed when i was 19 at the age of 53. I wonder how much time i have left,as the men in my family dont live that long.

My best friend's dad passed when my friend was 40, his mom was murdered 3 months later. That year two close friends died tragically in two seperate accidents, they were brothers.

Dont know if its a common thing,but people find it difficult or akward to talk to someone after they have experienced a loss. I stood by my friends,as much as i wanted to avoid the situation i knew they needed someone. Here's hoping you have frends or family to help you cope. Remember them,the good things and be thankful for the time you had with them.

Life is too short to dwell on bad memories.

It is your tractor, your choice to sell may be your part of the grieving process. I respect that.
Dont need a tractor to be a member here. If you decide to sign off, take care.