Replace oil cooler line, HST L 3901

69 SS

Equipment
2015 L3901 HST,with Canopy,LA 525 FEL with SSQA bucket
Sep 26, 2015
Ft. Inn sc
Anyone ever done this. Every 2 yrs replace per Operations Manual. Mine is leaking ,can see it underneath from tractor while running. Looks like more than I can deal with. If anyone has or knows about doing this job on 2015 L3901, I would really be interested in learning. If it's a dealer job would like to hear about this also.
This is in regard to a previous post . This is trying to shamelessly expose this subject to as many knowledgeable people as possible .
Thanks for any and all replies.

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
Anyone ever done this. Every 2 yrs replace per Operations Manual. Mine is leaking ,can see it underneath from tractor while running. Looks like more than I can deal with. If anyone has or knows about doing this job on 2015 L3901, I would really be interested in learning. If it's a dealer job would like to hear about this also.
This is in regard to a previous post . This is trying to shamelessly expose this subject to as many knowledgeable people as possible .
Somewhere in the manuals for my 2006 L48 TLB I have seen the very same "recommendation"
At almost 17 years old, and only 255 hours, I have absolutely no plan to replace, until/unless failure.
I have often wondered why this short interval recommendation?
You mention the "Operations manual".
You really should have the "Workshop Manual", if you do not already.

Sorry to not answer your question, but if mine did leak, I would plan to replace both hoses myself, though at 82, that might now be easier said than done.
My WSM shows (L48) oil coolant hose replacement to be very straightforward.
Your L3901 may be quite different however.
Certainly, someone will be along soon to give you a meaningful answer!

As I think about it now, I may just order those two hoses to add them to my supply of spares.

Last edited:

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
I read replace every 4 years?
Where is it leaking?
Is it leaking at the hoses clamps on the front of the radiator, or somewhere else?

1679766231492.png

kubotafreak

Equipment
GRAND l6060, L3560, B6100, gr2100, tg 1860, g1800, g1900, g2160
Sep 20, 2018
Arkansas, US
Usually you can cheat, and cut 1/2 inch off the hose end.

69 SS

Equipment
Sep 26, 2015
Ft. Inn sc
Thanks to all who replied. From what I can see,the upper clamps are the spring clip type,the only lower I can see has a hose clamp on it,it is the one that is cracked and leaking,the illustration clears a lot for me, will have to look tomorrow again at the front radiator/oil coolers,there are 2 of them. Would love to be able to fix this myself. SIS, (self inflicted stupidity) in not having WSM for my tractor.
Who should I buy WSM from,?. Tractor in stall in shed need to get it outside for operating room..
For sure will be replacing these hoses and making spare set, look preformed but if I can make straight hose work? Thanks again to all who replied and welcome any and all input on this operation.
Good luck to all on your projects!

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Thanks to all who replied. From what I can see,the upper clamps are the spring clip type,the only lower I can see has a hose clamp on it,it is the one that is cracked and leaking,the illustration clears a lot for me, will have to look tomorrow again at the front radiator/oil coolers,there are 2 of them. Would love to be able to fix this myself. SIS, (self inflicted stupidity) in not having WSM for my tractor.
Who should I buy WSM from,?. Tractor in stall in shed need to get it outside for operating room..
For sure will be replacing these hoses and making spare set, look preformed but if I can make straight hose work? Thanks again to all who replied and welcome any and all input on this operation.
Good luck to all on your projects!
Check your mail, envelope top right. ;)

69 SS

Equipment
Sep 26, 2015
Ft. Inn sc
Just reread the Owners manual,check every 200 hrs,replace every 2 years,note in row 14, on page 56,
Last column,the number 4, go to page 86 to see note 4 says," Replacing Oil Cooler-Line ( HST Type)
Consult your local Kubota dealer for this service" . Should a read the fine print.!!!
What you guys say to me ordering these lines from Messicks,if available,and see what it looks like when the 2 lines get here. If I can't make it happen ,send it on to my local Kubota dealer?
And life is all about knowing your limitations, and when to exceed your limitations. Not sure on this.
Thanks again to all who replied.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Not saying your wrong, it's just that Kubota says different things in different versions of the same manual.

1679805431363.png

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901/LA525, B7200DT/B1630, G2160/RCK60, G2460/RCK60
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
Maybe just tightening 4 hose clamps would provide a fix?
Mine were leaking at the oil cooler when I first got the tractor (new). Fifteen minutes with a screwdriver stopped the leak. The cooler end is easy to access with the battety out - not sure about the other ends but I dont think replacing them is going to be a difficult task. I would certainly use new preformed hoses.

Dan

69 SS

Equipment
Sep 26, 2015
Ft. Inn sc
Many thanks to those who sent WSM,and to those who replied. Calling Messicks tomorrow to see if I can get 2 sets of hoses, 1 set for spare parts as this could be an issue in another few years, hate to need them later only to discover they are discontinued.
How the heck do you find the section in the WSM about this hose repair/replacement/service? Looking at 600 + pages and my mind is mush from looking at this on my tablet, 3 cups coffee and still can't find it. What am I missing?
Scrolling,Scrolling, Scrolling, keep them pages Scrolling!!!
Thanks so much to all who are helping me with this. Will update this post as project hopefully progresses.

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
Many thanks to those who sent WSM,and to those who replied. Calling Messicks tomorrow to see if I can get 2 sets of hoses, 1 set for spare parts as this could be an issue in another few years, hate to need them later only to discover they are discontinued.
How the heck do you find the section in the WSM about this hose repair/replacement/service? Looking at 600 + pages and my mind is mush from looking at this on my tablet, 3 cups coffee and still can't find it. What am I missing?
Thanks so much to all who are helping me with this. Will update this post as project hopefully progresses.
WSM organization is a bit strange. You will probably find the oil cooler and lines in the hydraulics section. I also suspect you wont find step by step instructions on replacing any hoses or pipes. Left as an exercise for the reader.

Dan

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
as WSM is in PDF, press CTRL-F ( or find 'edit' on toolbar...) , 'oil cooler' and magically every hit of 'oil cooler' will come up....

what I'd love to know is HOW to collapse the Kubota online parts 'sections' after you expand them....

fried1765

Equipment
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
We obviously use different information sources......."Scrolling, Scrolling, Scrolling .....is simply FLIPPING ...for me.
It usually takes only a very few page flips to find what I need.

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
We obviously use different information sources......."Scrolling, Scrolling, Scrolling .....is simply FLIPPING ...for me.
It usually takes only a very few page flips to find what I need.
The PDF manual has an index/TOC hierarchically organized by component/theory of operation (mechanism)/ service procedures in the left pane of the reader. It will get you close.

As far as I can tell there is nothing specific in the L3901 manual on how to replace the oil cooler hoses. It simply identifies their location and assumes the person doing the work is experienced enough to figure out how to remove them. It ain't rocket science or brain surgery.

Dan

fried1765

Equipment
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
The PDF manual has an index/TOC hierarchically organized by component/theory of operation (mechanism)/ service procedures in the left pane of the reader. It will get you close.

As far as I can tell there is nothing specific in the L3901 manual on how to replace the oil cooler hoses. It simply identifies their location and assumes the person doing the work is experienced enough to figure out how to remove them. It ain't rocket science or brain surgery.

Dan
Agreed !
Also shown on Messick's parts pages under "hydraulics"

Reactions: 1 user

69 SS

Equipment
Sep 26, 2015
Ft. Inn sc
Smart phone dumb and computer illiterate, but have managed to find on page 571 procedure for getting started on replacing hoses. Tablet doesn't work like computer,on search it gave 70 references to "oil line cooler",but highlighted the text when you flipped past pages. But I found a good start to this project.
HUGE THANKS to all who have helped me on this project. Couldn't have gotten this far without the help. If I can get parts I will attempt this. Thanks again to all who replied.
Good luck on all your projects.

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
well that doesn't work for the Canadian website....sigh
no -sign anywhere !
one of life's sweet mysteries and a thorn in my side....