RCK60B-22BX

DustyRusty

Equipment
2020 BX23S, BX2822 Snowblower, Curtis Deluxe Cab,
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
Baby powder works well to find/track down tiny leaks from cracks or imperfections that can't be seen by eye. First clean the part well with some solvent, dry it off, and then sprinkle the suspected leak area with the powder. You'll soon see where the powder is getting dampened from the leaking fluid. If it isn't obvious when you remove the gearbox, this might be a way to find your trouble spot. Good luck!!
Great suggestion about the baby powder, however, when was the last time that you bought any baby powder? After Johnson & Johnson got sued and lost, with the claim that baby powder caused cancer in woman, they pulled the product. I used to use it for installation of tubed tires as a dry lubricant, and I have not been able to find it anywhere. A friend that is a diver, said that getting talc has gotten very difficult, and expensive. He uses it with his dive suit.

bird dogger

Vendor Member

Equipment
Kubota B2650 and lots of other equipment
Feb 24, 2019
North Dakota
Great suggestion about the baby powder, however, when was the last time that you bought any baby powder? After Johnson & Johnson got sued and lost, with the claim that baby powder caused cancer in woman, they pulled the product. I used to use it for installation of tubed tires as a dry lubricant, and I have not been able to find it anywhere. A friend that is a diver, said that getting talc has gotten very difficult, and expensive. He uses it with his dive suit.
Gosh, it's been quite a number of years.....as in 20+ years or more. when the kids were little I had kyped a couple of bottles and put them in my shop cupboard for more important uses. The last container is still in use. :ROFLMAO: Not sure how much is left in it, though. I did the same, used it in mounting tubed tires, located leaks, and inside my wet suit when younger. But the wetsuit seemed to have shrunk over the years!

Maybe sifted flour in a squeeze bottle would work just as well as a replacement for the talc? Will have to use my remaining baby powder sparingly!! :unsure:

Toyboy

Equipment
BX2230D - RCK60-22BX - BX5450
May 18, 2010
Hayward Wi
I have a couple of 3' LiftAll sling lifting straps I use with a chainfall when working on my deck. I've found it easier then using a chain