quick attach buckets

Farmer1057

Equipment
L3560 and SS65
Dec 24, 2023
Duncannon Pa.
I recently purchased a L3560 Kubota tractor and wanted to put the quick attach bucket from the tractor to my ss65 loader which also quick attach, but when i did and curled the bucket back it split the slot out on the bottom of the bucket. I have searched Kubota website looking for information why that happened but nothing. I have always been told that quick attach is the same between equipment, especially when they are both Kubota! What am I missing? Thank You

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
stable hand up the road did the same thing,that's why I suggested that's what happened.cost the owner a new bucket.
you can see the tearout of the thin tin, that can't happen with pin in front of the heavy rectangular steel.

Reactions: 1 users

Gaspasser

Equipment
L6060, FEL, forks, front snowblower. KX033 mini ex. Dump truck, Husqvarna saws.
Dec 16, 2023
NH
I recently purchased a L3560 Kubota tractor and wanted to put the quick attach bucket from the tractor to my ss65 loader which also quick attach, but when i did and curled the bucket back it split the slot out on the bottom of the bucket. I have searched Kubota website looking for information why that happened but nothing. I have always been told that quick attach is the same between equipment, especially when they are both Kubota! What am I missing? Thank You
Ouch. Thank you for posting. I'll keep an eye out for this. Hoping they'll make it right for you.

DustyRusty

Equipment
2020 BX23S, BX2822 Snowblower, Curtis Deluxe Cab,
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
That type of damage doesn't happen just by putting the bucket onto the machine. It happened after the bucket was installed, and I will bet that the damaged bucket wasn't intended for the machine that it was installed on, and the machine it was installed on has a lot more horsepower than the machine that the bucket came off of. If you were backdraging with down pressure that would account for the damage. The larger the machine the heavier gauge of steel the bucket is made of. Heck, someone could mount a BX bucket on another machine such as a B tractor, and damage that bucket because it wasn't designed for the B tractor.
It is like the kid that builds a 500 HP engine and installs it into the car only to blow up the rear differential. The differential was built for the 360 horsepower engine, and it couldn't stand up to the 500 horsepower engine. With cars and tractors, everything must be matched to work together otherwise damage occurs.

Reactions: 1 user

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4700DT, LA1002FEL, Ferguson5-8B Compactor-Roller, 10KDumpTrailer, RTV-X900
May 18, 2018
Texas
Yep…regardless of how it may have appeared…. the pins were not fully engaged and when stressed pulled out of position…bringing the top edge of that hole with it.

The bucket is not a complete loss…. a good welder can repair that for $100 or less.

Reactions: 3 users

Sammy3700

Equipment
L3800HST,524Loader,BH77,Landplane,Disk,Mowers and more
Feb 20, 2012
Red Springs, NC
Yup any good welding shop can easily fix that with a thicker piece of steel and it will be better than new. Don’t junk the bucket.

Hkb82

Equipment
M7060, Ford 5600, can-am defender
Nov 17, 2021
Ontario Canada
Sticker on the bucket says light duty bucket. Kinda my first clue. I’m thinking maybe curling the bucket lifting the machine. Seems like a lot of damage from just installing it.

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
A couple of years ago I picked this bucket up at the local scrap yard. Same damage but not the light bucket.

Attachments

• Love
Reactions: 3 users

NorthwoodsLife

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B7100(sold), Kubota LX2610 Cab
Oct 15, 2021
Wisconsin
An SS65 skid steer and an L3560 are Very different animals. Commercial Construction Pro skid steer VS property owner conventional.
I think it was mounted right. Pins in etc. But that L series bucket couldn't take the beating a heavy commercial skid steer gave it. Pins tore out (bucket bracket failure) due to too much force by the SS65.
Just because it fits doesn't mean you should.

SSV65: HP 60, Weight +/- 7,000 lbs
L3560: HP 35, Weight +/'- 4,000 lbs

Last edited:

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
Damage was done when he curled the bucket( post #1), has NOTHING to do with HP of the machine. 'Curl' to me means rotating the bucket up and towards the machine. If bucket had full load of dirt no problem BUT a full load of steel plate...... THAT could be BUT 'curling' pushes load against back of bucket, against the SSQA frame,so no 'tear out' can occour.
Maybe I have the wording wrong ? I can see damage when he 'dumps' the load ( rotating' bucket forward ).

NorthwoodsLife

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Oct 15, 2021
Wisconsin
And I thought I was a Cowboy :p
You might be. I just like the hat.

At one time, I worked wilh real cowboys.
And I am not it. They were manure covered, muddy boots, etc, etc. But the hat is cool. If I say so myself. And chicks dig it. Lol.

Reactions: 2 users

NorthwoodsLife

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Oct 15, 2021
Wisconsin
Damage was done when he curled the bucket( post #1), has NOTHING to do with HP of the machine. 'Curl' to me means rotating the bucket up and towards the machine. If bucket had full load of dirt no problem BUT a full load of steel plate...... THAT could be BUT 'curling' pushes load against back of bucket, against the SSQA frame,so no 'tear out' can occour.
Maybe I have the wording wrong ? I can see damage when he 'dumps' the load ( rotating' bucket forward ).
Jay, Sir: The SS65 has twice the weight of the L3560. Nearly twice the HP.

When the damage happened on up curl or down curl or whatever... doesn't matter.

OP put a property-owner bucket on a construction rated hard core machine.