Pulling my hair out

slickwilly1976

Equipment
L1500,L1500dt, B2920,bush hog,tiller,scrape blade,cub lo-boy
Jul 14, 2013
Rocky face Ga
I took the bush hog off my l1500dt to service it and now when I put it back on its unlevel from side to side. It doesn't have the adjustable side lift arm like most tractors do. It's like one arm is higher than the other. I haven't changed anything. I just unhooked my bush hog and back up. Ant ideas?

stuart

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B7001 with loader & tiller, 3 point hitch and 4' rear blade
Aug 9, 2009
Aldergrove, BC, Canada
A few things you may want to check.

1 - do you see the same problem with other 3pt implements? Will tell if problem is tractor or bush hog

2 - are both tractor lift arms the same distance from the ground in both up and down positions? measure including and excluding the lift links.

3 - are the pins/holes on the bush hog the same distance off the ground? It could have been warped a bit in the remove replace cycle

Stuart

slickwilly1976

Equipment
Jul 14, 2013
Rocky face Ga
I'll measure it tonight and see. I thought about that after I posted the question. Are the lift arms connected inside the case so they have to lift together or are the on separate lifts? On my other tractor they are connected to the same lift cylinder so they are always even.

bamabota

Equipment
L3200DT, LA524FL loader, 5' Land Pride bush hog
Jul 6, 2013
Oxford, AL
Just a suggestion, if the lower arms of the 3 point hitch are not the same distance off the floor, check tire air pressure as the first step.

slickwilly1976

Equipment
Jul 14, 2013
Rocky face Ga
It's all most "looks" like where the lift arms are attached to the tractor that one is one notch higher than the other but level and measurement wise they seem the same. It also appears that one is picking up before the other or quicker.
Any ideas? Pressures is the same in tires. Could it be the turn buckles on the arms one too loose one too tight?

hodge

Lifetime Member

Equipment
John Deere 790 John Deere 310 backhoe Bobcat 743
Nov 19, 2010
Love, VA
It's all most "looks" like where the lift arms are attached to the tractor that one is one notch higher than the other but level and measurement wise they seem the same. It also appears that one is picking up before the other or quicker.
Any ideas? Pressures is the same in tires. Could it be the turn buckles on the arms one too loose one too tight?
The turnbuckles would have no bearing on the mower sitting level, unless something is in a peculiar bind. Can you post a photo of the mower attached? That would be helpful.
The lift arms should lift evenly, because they are on a common shaft.
Do the vertical lift rods match each other, or does it look like they have been replaced? If the adjustable rod is missing, perhaps it was replaced with a fixed length rod that isn't equal to the other.

cerlawson

Equipment
rotiller, box scraper,etc.
Feb 24, 2011
PORTAGE, WI
Which arms are you referring to? The upper arms that then lift the lower arms, or the lower? If the uppers, it may be that the splines are worn and one side is not where it was built. If so, that's a job for the dealer.

lsmurphy

Equipment
B7001
Oct 19, 2012
Parrrottsville TN
Which arms are you referring to? The upper arms that then lift the lower arms, or the lower? If the uppers, it may be that the splines are worn and one side is not where it was built. If so, that's a job for the dealer.

This.

But dealer...my ass...fix it yourself.

slickwilly1976

Equipment
Jul 14, 2013
Rocky face Ga
I couldn't go to the dealer if I wanted to its a gray market. I would rather fixit my self anyway. I'm referring to the arms attached to the splines that lift the lower arms. If this is the problem hows the best way to check the arms and the splines. How do you fix it? Split the case to replace them? Can you just loosen the bolts that hold them to the splines and remove the arms to check them. Or maybe loosen them and adjust one of them up or down? Are they packed with grease?

lsmurphy

Equipment
B7001
Oct 19, 2012
Parrrottsville TN
I couldn't go to the dealer if I wanted to its a gray market. I would rather fixit my self anyway. I'm referring to the arms attached to the splines that lift the lower arms. If this is the problem hows the best way to check the arms and the splines. How do you fix it? Split the case to replace them? Can you just loosen the bolts that hold them to the splines and remove the arms to check them. Or maybe loosen them and adjust one of them up or down? Are they packed with grease?

Yes......................

slickwilly1976

Equipment
Jul 14, 2013
Rocky face Ga
That's just my luck if that is the problem. I've got to use this tractor twice since I've owned it and I don't want to have to replace one of those splines. It was great until I unhooked the b.h. to do something else and hooked it back up.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
You know if you post a picture of it you would get your answer real quick.;)

slickwilly1976

Equipment
Jul 14, 2013
Rocky face Ga
You can't see anything in the picture. The arms and every thing else look level and normal but the bh is off. I post one you never know. Thanks

slickwilly1976

Equipment
Jul 14, 2013
Rocky face Ga
ok here's a picture the one on the left has a slight bend and twist no real bad but this may be the problem. It's not noticeable until you take them off. I'm going to try to find another one and see if it helps. Can this slight bend/twist be the culprit?

Attachments

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
I don't see how that bend would make much difference. It really doesn't make sence that it was fine when you unhooked the BH and then changed before you hooked it back up. Did anything get adjusted or damaged after you took the cutter off?

slickwilly1976

Equipment
Jul 14, 2013
Rocky face Ga
Nothing got damaged that I'm aware of. I went and bought a new arm. This time I got a adjustable arm and now I'm almost level but the bh sits to the left instead of straight behind me. I'm thinking I should be able to adjust the turn buckles on both sides of the arms to get it straighter. Am i correct in my thinking? This isn't my first tractor but its defiantly different. :D. I like it it's a real handy little tractor. Thanks for all the help. :)

olthumpa

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L275
May 25, 2011
Maine
Yes, you use those turnbuckles to center the implement. You also use them to offset your implement to the left or right as needed to get some jobs done.