Private message limit

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
were there any pictures in the pm's?.....or something else is a wrong.

Coach or NIW will hope in and give it a whirl!;):)

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
That is kinda interesting. Only one post, and it is to complain about not enough PM space.

Join as a life time member and get unlimited knowledge and PM space!! Cheaper then a pizza.:D

LexNC

May 24, 2016
Shelby,nc
Hello-

Thanks for all the replies and info. I didn't mean to sound like I was complaining!... I was just curious about why the 5 PM limit.

Sorry for not posting my question on the forum. It's just that I had a sort of particular question (about the transmission in a Grand L HST), so I asked a couple of members who have similar models, figuring they would have first-hand knowledge.

As was suggested, I will buy the membership, and fix this!

Thanks again,
Lex

coachgeo

Equipment
L225 w/woods Few Mowers & Back Blade, D722 in Motorcycle (Triumph Tiger), LMTV
Nov 16, 2012
Southern OH
It's in part spam protection. So a robot can't enroll as a member then start spamming folk via PM's. In part it's to encourage user participation. Many learn from one person.

That being said..... when a person has questions (that have not already been discussed 100 times) please ask on the board so others may learn from the replies be it today.... or 5 years from now when they wisely search first.

Nothing wrong with PMing folk you think might have inside knowledge, to bring it to their attention/encourage them to take a look at the thread.

LexNC

May 24, 2016
Shelby,nc
Coachgeo-
Thanks for the info. Should I try to summarize the answers I received in my PM's, and post them in the forum? Maybe it would help someone else now, or later. The question was about using an HST for loader work, and also about the whine from an HST. I'm also not sure which forum is most appropriate...maybe Tractor Operating?
Also, I did search the forum, but couldn't find a good answer to my questions.

Tooljunkie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L1501,home built carry all, mini plow blade.
May 13, 2014
Lac Du Bonnet, Manitoba,Canada
It would be a good point for discussion,i dont own a hst, but ran and maintained one for 6 years. I prefer discussions in the forums, pm's are for moderators to give users who are out of line spankings when needed. J/k,the mods and admin here are great!