Price L2900

allanwms

Equipment
L3901
Aug 2, 2014
Culpeper, V
I have been searching for compact 4wd for a few months. Needless to say I have seen a broad spectrum for prices and conditions of the compact market. I was beginning to think that purchasing new was the way to go. After a few visits to several Kubota dealers it was much like buying a car.

Long story short...I found a used Kubota L2900 GST (no FEL) with 2800 hours that seemed to be well kept. Fluids were clean and no leaks. Engine started and ran with no issues. The only issue I found was a bad LH tie rod. The owner was asking $6900 then down to $6400. We settled at $5750.

Now I'm thinking that I should have been a little more attentive to the hour meter as everything out on the market is claimimg 1000 hours or less.

Did I overpay? uploadfromtaptalk1407241388817.jpg

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
I have been searching for compact 4wd for a few months. Needless to say I have seen a broad spectrum for prices and conditions of the compact market. I was beginning to think that purchasing new was the way to go. After a few visits to several Kubota dealers it was much like buying a car.

Long story short...I found a used Kubota L2900 GST (no FEL) with 2800 hours that seemed to be well kept. Fluids were clean and no leaks. Engine started and ran with no issues. The only issue I found was a bad LH tie rod. The owner was asking $6900 then down to $6400. We settled at $5750.

Now I'm thinking that I should have been a little more attentive to the hour meter as everything out on the market is claimimg 1000 hours or less.

Did I overpay? View attachment 12386
from the picture - it looks like it was taken care of very well, garage kept too?
AS for overpaying, what are your plans for it ? IF sitting in the shed, then yes you did, but if your pulling, planting, dragging, mowing, pushing stuff around then I would say no.... I see a brush hog in the background......

here are some with loaders and less hours, hard to compare apples to oranges......

http://www.tractorhouse.com/list/list.aspx?manu=KUBOTA&mdltxt=L2900GST

as for the hours, yes that is up there, but .....if it was taken care of, and fluids and stuff changed, then you should be fine another 1000 hours, you might need to change a glow plug and so on, but it is a very nice machine!:D

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
allanwms, only you can determine if you overpaid. Payment is relative! Will it do what you intended it to do?

Does every one wish they could pay less for something? Yep, everything. That's human nature.

Your concern is the number of hours on the tractor. It looks to be well taken care of externally which usually means the owner to care of it mechanically. Factors to consider are was the seller the original owner? How long did he own it? Why did he sell it? The answer to these questions gives you great insight.

85hokie said, "you should be fine another 1000 hours". I'd say you have WAY more hours then that. However, most homeowners use a machine like your about 50 hr/yr. Even if it's 100 hr/yr you still have several years of use divided by $5750, but wait a minute, you get to sell it at some point and get a good chunk of you money back.

Quit second guessing yourself! Besides if we're all full of hooie you can't take it back, can you?

allanwms

Equipment
L3901
Aug 2, 2014
Culpeper, V
The machine was taken care of very well. My rationale was at 2800 hours divided by 15 years...avg of about 185 hours per year. The owner was the second owner but he used it solely for bush hogging. He had a second machine with a loader and was selling them both and was planning to buy a new one.
I am replacing a Long 445 that was starting to need more and more repairs. I will be selling it to offset the cost of the L2900.

I will be adding a loader once I find one. I will be mainly using it to bush hogging, mowing, site leveling with a box blade, spreading gravel, snow removal...etc. I ran my Long about 10-15 hours a month.

I paid by check Sunday and will be picking it up this Thursday or Friday.

Is there a place online to buy discounted parts? I want to order a tie rod assembly.

Thanks.

Last edited:

allanwms

Equipment
L3901
Aug 2, 2014
Culpeper, V
I officially own a Kubata L2900. Brought her home last night. Now the searching begins...for a loader and mid-mower.

Last edited:

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
Loader is an easy find since there are plenty new that'll fit. Used loader, good luck.

As far as mid mower don't waste your time with one. A 3pt hitch rear finishing mower is sssoooo much faster and easier to take on and off and not have to wrestle it under the tractor. Plus used are so much easier to locate.

allanwms

Equipment
L3901
Aug 2, 2014
Culpeper, V
I ran it yesterday for about 6 hours. Most of that time was with a box blade. I ran my Woods RM90 and surprisingly it had no issues with it.