POST DRIVER 3 PT Attachment

edaum

Equipment
L3940
Apr 26, 2010
LOvettsville, VA
I have a Kubota L3940 and am investigating installing a Shaver HD-8(h) post driver in order to pound in fence posts. Two questions 1-Anyone have any experience with this implement and 2-dealer says would need rear remote installation for addl $1k. Would appreciate any insight since the manuals are short on details. Thanks

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
Don't no about the driver but the 1K sounds a little high unless you are getting dual remotes. I priced getting a single for my L 3000 and the dealer quoted mine for less than $600 installed.

tiredguy

Equipment
B3030 HSTC,B2781 51" front mounted snowblower,60" MMM
Jan 21, 2010
northern lower Michigan
My cousin just bought the Shaver 8 drive last week and had said my B3030
would be ideal to hook it up on but it won't work (great!)without a major
PITA in rigging it up.
You have to have a 3/4 line that runs directly back to the reservoir tank
unrestricted completely.Meaning of course if any couplers were used they'd
have to be huge since the inside of the coupler would have to be large enough to flow that 3/4 freely.The way the driver works is the cylinder has
to "dump" immediately so that the springs pull the weight down fast to hammer it and of course the cylinder cushions that somewhat unless it lets
the fluid out easily.
It's going on his 825 Belarus and the return line will be run outside over the fender hooked into a "T" that will be welded into the top of the tank.
Sure would be nice if they'd work through the remotes because we have two
of the 825's and a 425 with 2 sets of remotes on all of them.
Al

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
From what I've researched online about the Shaver 8 post drive it seems to take a helluva tractor to power and pound a post driver. Every tractor I saw the Shaver HD8 mounted to was atleast 50hp or more.

http://www.postdriver.com/

yardtoy1

Equipment
kubota3010, case580SE,zator 3320, komatsu 53-17 track loader, deer70 escavator,
Mar 27, 2013
jacksonville,Florida
I have a Kubota L3940 and am investigating installing a Shaver HD-8(h) post driver in order to pound in fence posts. Two questions 1-Anyone have any experience with this implement and 2-dealer says would need rear remote installation for addl $1k. Would appreciate any insight since the manuals are short on details. Thanks
i have a L 3010 also trying a shaver post driver im going to try to dump the hydro fluid into the 1" fill hole in the back of the differential but im having 3 point problems have a post a few days earlyer

KUBOTA4900

Equipment
KUBOTA M4900SDC & LA100C LOADER,PALLET FORKS,BRUSH HOG BOX SCRAPER 3PT HITCH
Feb 3, 2013
durango colo la plata co
i have a kubota l3940 and am investigating installing a shaver hd-8(h) post driver in order to pound in fence posts. Two questions 1-anyone have any experience with this implement and 2-dealer says would need rear remote installation for addl $1k. Would appreciate any insight since the manuals are short on details. Thanks
my single remote intalled on my m4900sdc on the rear cost me $550 last year that will give you a ball park figure just about what bulldog quoted

bartybar

Apr 8, 2013
Olympia, WA, USA
Hey how did that dumping back into the rear diff/rockshaft reservoir work out? I am considering doing the same, as my 3/4 hose is tapered down to a tiny little poppet quick disconnect and I know my pounder isn't hitting as hard as it should?

Did you have lingering 3-point problems?

bartybar