Please price my B7200

Jeffrice6

Dec 28, 2014
Ca
My wife and I recently purchased our dream property and with the sale came a B7200 that I have never used. Well things are getting pretty tight around here & it looks like I must sell the tractor to pay the mortgage. I'm new here but hoping you all can help me out with the little info I can provide. & if it matters, I'm in northern California ~

B7200
4wd
Stick shift
3pt with box scraper
Kubota 1640a front loader
911 hrs
Knobby "tractor" tires (decent shape)
Unknown age, but quite faded paint.
Little to no rust
Motor starts, idles & excelerates great (in neutral)

The bad-
Hydraulic lines drip/leak when opperating the loader
Clutch is bad (says the previous owner)
The seat is shot
And she's got her fair share of dents and bruises

Going to list on Craigslist, how should I price her?

CaveCreekRay

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800 HST, KingKutter box scraper, KingKutter 66" rake, County Pride Subsoiler
Jul 11, 2014
Cave Creek, AZ
Photos are critical to determining a sales price. Upload a few, if you have time.

While not the one to offer pricing suggestions, I wonder how you will manage a property the prior owner used a tractor on... Is there no possibility that you'll need it in the future? The repairs to it wouldn't break the bank. Sure would come in handy.

tcrote5516

Equipment
BX1860, FEL, 50" Front Blower, Heated Cab, 6' blade, 3pt carry all, 3pt hitch
Sep 2, 2014
Southern New Hampshire
I agree, pics are needed to really price it out. I would guess your somewhere in the neighborhood of $4,000 -$5k as is. Fix the clutch and lines...clean it up and be in the $6,500 - $7500 range.

Last edited:

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
My wife and I recently purchased our dream property and with the sale came a B7200 that I have never used. Well things are getting pretty tight around here & it looks like I must sell the tractor to pay the mortgage. I'm new here but hoping you all can help me out with the little info I can provide. & if it matters, I'm in northern California ~

B7200
4wd
Stick shift
3pt with box scraper
Kubota 1640a front loader
911 hrs
Knobby "tractor" tires (decent shape)
Unknown age, but quite faded paint.
Little to no rust
Motor starts, idles & excelerates great (in neutral)

The bad-
Hydraulic lines drip/leak when opperating the loader
Clutch is bad (says the previous owner)
The seat is shot
And she's got her fair share of dents and bruises

Going to list on Craigslist, how should I price her?
Photos are super critical, since that is the first and lasting impression that a buyer will see.

Not sure if you want to have it fixed then sell it or sell it as is.......if you sell it as is, someone will be looking for a deal rather than a fair market price.

Take some pictures......upload them here and we can give you a "fair" price. I think anything above 3k will be wishful thinking....unless it is in better shape than you describe in the condition it is in.
The clutch is the real hanger here - not that it is overly $$$ to fix, but the labor if not doing it yourself will hurt the the pocketbook.:(
the rest of the problems you describe are "normal" and really hurt just a bit. The inability to drive it around the yard will kill most sales.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Broken and disrepair tractors sell for extremely cheap, Case in point I bought my L3450 broken for $2k and it's worth somewhere around 15k now that it's fixed.
A broken/dead B7200 would probably sell in the 1.5 to 2K range where as a good condition running one would be in the 8 to 10K range.

chknscratch

Apr 26, 2014
Leeds, AL
I am with others on the photos. I have been watching the craigslist market for almost a year now, just to try and understand the pricing patterns. I would say 6.5k to 7.5k is probably a fair price to settle at, although you may price it at 8-9. If you are decently technically savvy, I would recommend doing the clutch job yourself. You can do the clutch, pressure plate, throwout bearing and resurface the flywheel for about 300 or so if you find parts on ebay or online. Research doing the job and see if you have a day or two to put into it. I think this will make the sell go much faster and would be much more convincing to any buyer that they are getting their money's worth. As others said, if you want it sold tomorrow, I think somewhere closer to 3-4 would make it sell quick, but if you are trying to get the most value out of what you own, it won't take much to make it worth several thousand more. California market seems to be high on everything as compared to east coast, so I think there is some premium there.

CaveCreekRay

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800 HST, KingKutter box scraper, KingKutter 66" rake, County Pride Subsoiler
Jul 11, 2014
Cave Creek, AZ
That would actually be a pretty good "restoration" project for someone looking for a first tractor. I would think $3000 would be a good starter and deal from there. Just remember, you location and the condition (inop) are big negatives. You never know though. There may be someone as far away as Sacramento or Napa that is looking for a project tractor. If they drive that far, you could at least get them to pony up $2500. getting it on the trailer in that condition will require a winch. That further limits who is going to be interested.

Good luck! Let us know how it goes. Heck, you might sell it to one of the regulars on this forum!

:)

chknscratch

Apr 26, 2014
Leeds, AL
I may be off, but I stand by my original post.

The FEL shown in those pics looks like it would be at least 1500-2000 alone. The box blade probably 300-400. The tractor should easily be 3k. 5500-6500 would not be unfair for either party, even with the clutch being out, in my opinion, buy may take 3-4 weeks to move. I am not sure how dense population is around you, but in eastern US something like that would easily move in less than a month, based on what I see on CL. I search adhuntr.com a lot, that acts like a craigslist search engine and will look at all CL ads in all states.

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
Yes, it will be more valuable if you get the clutch fixed.

It sounds like you're looking for more money, not more expense. If you have the time/ability to do the repairs yourself you'll probably discover after repairs you don't want to sell it. Why? Because you'll see how easy it makes everyday task that come up, or putting personal touches on your property!

My suggestion, as Dave Ramsey would say, get another job to fill the gap. You'll be happier in the long run. Good luck, whatever you decide.