Photo shoot anything lately? Random Photo Thread

Moose7060

Equipment
M7060, Farm King PT740, HLA 2500 Snowpusher, LandPride RCR1872, Defender HD9 XT
Oct 14, 2023
bc
A little bit of ice along the river supporting a 9 foot fly rod.
IMG_1366.JPG
IMG_1368.JPG
IMG_1320.JPG
IMG_1344.JPG
IMG_1132 (2).JPG

• Love
Reactions: 11 users

lugbolt

Equipment
ZG127S-54
Oct 15, 2015
Mid, South, USA
Foolish question, but what do you do with that?!?!

I know what I’d do with it….
terminate it carefully as to avoid destroying too much of the skin. They make good belts. And hat bands. I don't worry so much about those as I do the cottonmouths and the copperheads that lay there and rarely give much warning. They just curl up if you get too close, and if you piss em off just right, you're gonna get a bite. Cottonmouth will give off some musk and kinda stink, and usually open the mouth to warn you. They stink terribly but some people can't smell it. I can. The copperhead is no fun when bitten, hurts like the dickens. I got bit in 2001, went to hospital and stayed 2 days. Got sick and hurt terribly but obvisouly wasn't fatal. Rarely fatal except for children and elderley. Cottonmouth is a different story. Them suckers can kill a full size man who's in good health. Both are common here along with rattlesnakes (pygmy's are most common but timbers are around too).

Seen a copperhead yesterday actually, motored right up to it on the river. Didn't bother it much, but it sure was colored up good. The critter and I kept our distance from each other and we were fine with that. My client was about to jump out of her own skin as I got within about 5 foot of the snake for a picture.

Attachments

• Wow
Reactions: 3 users

Siesta Sundance

Equipment
L305DT, MX 5200, SVL 75-2, (Sold M7060))
Oct 23, 2022
youtube.com
terminate it carefully as to avoid destroying too much of the skin. They make good belts. And hat bands. I don't worry so much about those as I do the cottonmouths and the copperheads that lay there and rarely give much warning. They just curl up if you get too close, and if you piss em off just right, you're gonna get a bite. Cottonmouth will give off some musk and kinda stink, and usually open the mouth to warn you. They stink terribly but some people can't smell it. I can. The copperhead is no fun when bitten, hurts like the dickens. I got bit in 2001, went to hospital and stayed 2 days. Got sick and hurt terribly but obvisouly wasn't fatal. Rarely fatal except for children and elderley. Cottonmouth is a different story. Them suckers can kill a full size man who's in good health. Both are common here along with rattlesnakes (pygmy's are most common but timbers are around too).

Seen a copperhead yesterday actually, motored right up to it on the river. Didn't bother it much, but it sure was colored up good. The critter and I kept our distance from each other and we were fine with that. My client was about to jump out of her own skin as I got within about 5 foot of the snake for a picture.
1000014029.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

lugbolt

Equipment
ZG127S-54
Oct 15, 2015
Mid, South, USA
intersting note. As kids we learned quickly which snakes in this area are venomous and which ones ain't. I studied them quite a bit since we have so many different kinds here.

Tuesday at work I was back in the shop and the sales guys came running back and told my coworker to come to the showroom asap. Hmm..I wonder what this is? Whatever, I had stuff to do. Turns out there was about a 4' long snake on the showroom that climbed up inside a golf cart, and came out when a customer went to sit on the cart. Obviously Mr. Customer wasn't happy about it but nothing we can do. All my coworkers was gathered around looking for a broomstick or garden hoe to carry it outside by the time I get up there to see what the commotion was. Nary a one was closer than 10 foot from it and trying to use a 5' long broom stick to shoo it outside. Wasn't working, just ticked it off as it was curled up and shaking it's tail like a rattle snake. I walked to the middle and looked at it's eyes-round pupils, no pit, no danger. Reached down and grabbed it, took it outside and turned it loose. Just a king snake. I leave them be. Actually I leave all of them alone unless they are in the house, or in this case on our showroom where customers might get offended.

Had it been a copperhead I'd have still turned it loose but on the highway in front of the store. If it were a cottonmouth, it would have been beheaded immediately, clean up the mess later. Them suckers can be kind of aggressive and if they bite, they can and often are, deadly to humans.

Moose7060

Equipment
Oct 14, 2023
bc
For those unaware, today is International Beaver Day. Held on April 7th every year.
IMG_0005.JPG
IMG_0026.JPG
IMG_0039.JPG
IMG_0053.JPG
IMG_0073.JPG
IMG_0077.JPG
IMG_8469.JPG

• Love
Reactions: 3 users

rc51stierhoff

Equipment
B2650, MX6000, (BX sold)
Sep 13, 2021
Ohio
  • Haha
Reactions: 2 users

DustyRusty

Equipment
2020 BX23S, BX2822 Snowblower, Curtis Deluxe Cab,
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
I have always wondered why the beavers never get killed by a falling tree. Yesterday while going through a construction area there was a beaver in the road trying to get across, but the cars were causing him/her to move back and forth like a squirrel. If the traffic weren't moving so fast I would have pulled over and called it in, but there was no shoulder on the road.

Reactions: 1 user

Moose7060

Equipment
Oct 14, 2023
bc
I have always wondered why the beavers never get killed by a falling tree.
Occasionally they do, but rare. I have found the skeletal remains under a tree once, but that's more rare than a blue moon.

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
We were in the path of the total eclipse. It's the one and only time I've seen a sunset in the east and south. I had too many trees to get north and west.

Took the photos using a set of viewing glasses over my lens

1000015132.jpg

Reactions: 2 users

Ping

Equipment
BX2370-1
Dec 25, 2018
Troy, Ohio
We were also in the path of the total eclipse. Sat on the patio enjoying a beverage with my wife, father and one of the grandsons. Second pic was thru my spotting scope during totality, if that's even a word.
eclipse1.jpg

eclipse2.jpg

[/QUOTE]

• Love
Reactions: 7 users

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
Your camera is much better than mine 🤣😂🤣😂🤣🤣

1000015177.jpg

1000015176.jpg

1000015173.jpg

1000015183.jpg

• Love
Reactions: 6 users

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
***Current*** M6060HDC, MX6000HSTC & GL7000 ***Sold*** MX6000HST & BX25TLB
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
Cottonmouth is a different story. Them suckers can kill a full size man who's in good health. Both are common here along with rattlesnakes (pygmy's are most common but timbers are around too).
I lived in Arkansas for two years when I worked for Remington, and one of my Rottweilers almost got bitten by a cottonmouth as we walked down the driveway around dusk. Fortunately the snake was coiled in such a way that when it went for my pup it couldn't reach her. She jumped sideways which also helped. I ran into the house to get a shotgun but the snake was gone a few minutes later.

I couldn't stand the spiders down there either. An awful place to live, and one of the happiest days of my life was that November afternoon in 2011 as the dogs and I left the house for the last time heading towards Memphis and on to Yonkers, NY for 6 weeks, and then on to Montana. My two Rotts loved it here. They were brother and sister and flew from New Zealand to Hawaii at 12 weeks old.

The last photo is at Two Medicine Lake. My ex came up to visit, in fact she joined us on the drive from Yonkers to Montana right before Christmas of 2011. Great memories and great woman.

Luka&Lilli.jpg

hawaii.jpg

L&L_03.jpg

Two medicine 5.jpg

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 5 users

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
I lived in Arkansas for two years when I worked for Remington, and one of my Rottweilers almost got bitten by a cottonmouth as we walked down the driveway around dusk. Fortunately the snake was coiled in such a way that when it went for my pup it couldn't reach her. She jumped sideways which also helped. I ran into the house to get a shotgun but the snake was gone a few minutes later.

I couldn't stand the spiders down there either. An awful place to live, and one of the happiest days of my life was that November afternoon in 2011 as the dogs and I left the house for the last time heading towards Memphis and on to Yonkers, NY for 6 weeks, and then on to Montana. My two Rotts loved it here. They were brother and sister and flew from New Zealand to Hawaii at 12 weeks old.

View attachment 125941

View attachment 125942

View attachment 125943
I work about 5 miles from the Remington plant, and live north of Little Rock.

I haven't had many issues with cotton mouths. Did have a couple that nested in my culvert. A quick jab with a flat shovel took care of them.

Haven't had much issue with spiders.

My pooch avoids snakes, if she gets persistent about avoiding a spot, I listen and follow her lead. She walked my around a copper head one night after dark. 👍👍👍👍👍

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
***Current*** M6060HDC, MX6000HSTC & GL7000 ***Sold*** MX6000HST & BX25TLB
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
I work about 5 miles from the Remington plant, and live north of Little Rock.

I haven't had many issues with copper heads. Did have a couple that nested in my culvert. A quick jab with a flat shovel took care of them.

Haven't had much issue with spiders.

My pooch avoids snakes, if she gets persistent about avoiding a spot, I listen and follow her lead. She walked my around a copper head one night after dark. 👍👍👍👍👍
That's where I worked! :oops: I lived in Cabot on 3-1/4 acres. The address was 385 Southwood Circle. I had a friend up near Searcy and I liked the area a lot more than Cabot. Hot Springs was cool too.