Photo shoot anything lately? Random Photo Thread

Magicman

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4900 Utility Special 4WD e/w FEL & 1530 John Deere "Traveling Man"
Oct 8, 2019
Brookhaven, MS
knotholesawmill.com
That big old King Snake was shaking it's tail but nothing I could hear. Sometimes if their tail is in leaves they can make a sound and make me jump.

Anyway I'll bet it heard me because I'm gonna make noise when I see one no matter the species.

Can snakes hear?: Snakes have fully formed inner ear structures but no eardrum. Instead, their inner ear is connected directly to their jawbone, which rests on the ground as they slither

ken erickson

Equipment
B7100 hst, 2650 front mount snowblower, L2501 hst qa loader
Nov 21, 2010
Waupaca Wisconsin
Spent some time scouting yesterday evening for our upcoming deer hunt in Nov. Any thoughts as to this button buck? Light was failing me so not a great picture. Just seems like a odd color and shape for what I am used to when I see "button bucks".
DSC02331.JPG

Reactions: 1 user

Magicman

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Oct 8, 2019
Brookhaven, MS
knotholesawmill.com
I thought King snakes were relatively harmless to humans? No?
Yes, absolutely harmless and we are friends, but they still make me jump. Our other numerous harmless snake it a Rat Snake that we refer to as a Chicken Snake. I seldom see a Garter or Hognose snake.

Our common poisonous snakes are Timber Rattlesnake, Copperhead, & Cottonmouth. They are not my friends.

ctfjr

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800HST
Dec 7, 2009
central ct
Funny we are talking about snakes. . . I just came back from the mailbox and passed this fella on the way
snake_in_driveway_20211011_121541_resized.jpg

That's about all we see here, garter snakes. When we were building and a lot of the surrounding woods / hilly areas were disturbed we saw a couple of good sized copperheads but it's been 30 years since the last sighting.

Reactions: 1 user

Magicman

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Oct 8, 2019
Brookhaven, MS
knotholesawmill.com
Actually as it starts to cool off here a bit we will see many more snakes. In the hot Summer they can't cross a blacktop road here in the daytime because the road's heat will kill them so they just mostly lay in a cool moist place.