Paging Dr. Hackenslash.....Paging Dr. Hackenslash.......

Runs With Scissors

Equipment
L2501 TLB , Grappel, Brush Hog, Box Blade, Ballast box, Forks, Tiller, PH digger
Jan 25, 2023
Michigan
It would take 43 minutes longer, not 1.5 hours and it would take much less fuel. 🧐
That's 43 minutes longer than I can hold it. (now that I'm mid fifty'ish)

I can normally get there without stopping in 4 hours.

So, a head call, (plus a burger) is 1.5 hours'ish...hahaha

Last edited:

Runs With Scissors

Equipment
L2501 TLB , Grappel, Brush Hog, Box Blade, Ballast box, Forks, Tiller, PH digger
Jan 25, 2023
Michigan
one old skool 'fix' for overheating engine was to turn heater on full fan and hot. It'd drop the engine temperature from 'meltdown' to 'we can get home'.

the HUGE issue with 'overheating' is the automatic tranny literally frying !

another way to prevent overheating on the highway..... remove plow, toss in pickup box.

YEP, I have done the heater trick already.

Tranny is not an issue, It's a 6 speed G56 manual.;)

When I tow the tractor, I do put it in the box, but that's not always practicable.

BAP

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2012 Kubota 2920, 60MMM, FEL, BH65 48" Bush Hog, 60"Backblade, B2782B Snowblower
Dec 31, 2012
New Hampshire
Buy a cheap, beater plow truck and leave it at your second property.

Reactions: 1 user

MountainMeadows

Equipment
L2501, JD 655, Ford 841, JD 6x4 Gator, Gravely 432.
Jun 6, 2022
Poconos, PA
I, kind of, get that but where would I place this fan, and how would I regulate it? I can't really think of anywhere to put one that would fit.
I don't currently own a Dodge truck but have owned 2 in the past. From what I remember there is plenty of room between the grill + front of the ac condenser + radiator. I would try to find a used elec. radiator fan + shroud assy. from a front wheel drive vehicle. Then fabricate a mounting fixture for it in front of the ac condenser. You can regulate it with a coolant temp sensor or just hook it up with a toggle switch and keep an eye on your temp gauge.

Runs With Scissors

Equipment
Jan 25, 2023
Michigan
I don't currently own a Dodge truck but have owned 2 in the past. From what I remember there is plenty of room between the grill + front of the ac condenser + radiator. I would try to find a used elec. radiator fan + shroud assy. from a front wheel drive vehicle. Then fabricate a mounting fixture for it in front of the ac condenser. You can regulate it with a coolant temp sensor or just hook it up with a toggle switch and keep an eye on your temp gauge.

I looked yesterday and this might be feasible. I have to take some more detailed measurements, but it might be a better way to go.

The wing is working, but as mentioned previously, the draw backs are becoming more and more of a PITA.

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
re: Buy a cheap, beater plow truck

hahahahahahahahahha... good one !!!!!

just WHERE can you find 'a cheap, beater truck ' , let alone a plow truck !!!!

but, since removing the hood isn't an option... upgrade it by installing louvres into it.
Now that's really old skool...still done on Morgans today !

Naturally everyone will want your hood, so you'll make a million selling themas aftermarket upgrades.

BAP

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2012 Kubota 2920, 60MMM, FEL, BH65 48" Bush Hog, 60"Backblade, B2782B Snowblower
Dec 31, 2012
New Hampshire
I thought about that, but I use it at home as well.
Leave the cheap beater at your second property and keep your current one for home. What you save in gas from not having to push the plow all the way up and back will pay for it over time.

BAP

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Dec 31, 2012
New Hampshire
re: Buy a cheap, beater plow truck

hahahahahahahahahha... good one !!!!!

just WHERE can you find 'a cheap, beater truck ' , let alone a plow truck !!!!

but, since removing the hood isn't an option... upgrade it by installing louvres into it.
Now that's really old skool...still done on Morgans today !

Naturally everyone will want your hood, so you'll make a million selling themas aftermarket upgrades.
You can find cheap beater plow trucks if you open your eyes and keep a lookout. There are lots that get sold that still have life but aren’t road worthy.

trial and error

Equipment
B7100dt manual trans. homemade FEL, 4 way hydraulic dozer blade
Feb 16, 2023
NY
Maybe not a second truck but a second used similar plow may work. You would only need the plow side not the truck side of course that is probably a fools errand who knows just a thought

BManFX4

Equipment
BX2380, RCK60B, LandPride RTA1250, CountyLine RC5, Titan BX42S Chipper
Apr 14, 2020
Loudon, TN
I just want to say Kudos for building that cool, functional wing !! Re-directing airflow at speed is as much art as it is science. I'm impressed Sir !!! :)

I was riding my motorcycle at a fairly quick clip. A large bug splattered itself right at the top edge of the windscreen. I reached up to brush it off and when I had my hand there I noticed a drastic reduction of the air hitting my helmet. Fascinated I spent some time turning my hand, adjusting how high above the windscreen it was, etc. and discovered that very small adjustments made a huge difference in airflow.

Armed with my new knowledge I searched for and found a small, adjustable deflector that I added to the windscreen. It completely changed for the better the comfort level for me when riding at highway speeds - and it really helps with directing rain up and over my helmet as well.

Bandit Tour 1.jpg

PUIG Close Up.jpg

Puig Deflector.jpg

Runs With Scissors

Equipment
Jan 25, 2023
Michigan
Thanks for the kind words Bman, and I'm glad it inspired you.

Nice bike btw! (y)

Crash277

Equipment
BX23S
Jan 17, 2021
Canada
I just want to say Kudos for building that cool, functional wing !! Re-directing airflow at speed is as much art as it is science. I'm impressed Sir !!! :)

I was riding my motorcycle at a fairly quick clip. A large bug splattered itself right at the top edge of the windscreen. I reached up to brush it off and when I had my hand there I noticed a drastic reduction of the air hitting my helmet. Fascinated I spent some time turning my hand, adjusting how high above the windscreen it was, etc. and discovered that very small adjustments made a huge difference in airflow.

Armed with my new knowledge I searched for and found a small, adjustable deflector that I added to the windscreen. It completely changed for the better the comfort level for me when riding at highway speeds - and it really helps with directing rain up and over my helmet as well

that is a great idea!! i used to have a 1200 bandit that bike was fun to ride. now i have a nomad couch.... i get some good buffeting on my helmet. can you send me a link to that deflector>???

notaz3

Mar 16, 2021
ID

Armed with my new knowledge I searched for and found a small, adjustable deflector that I added to the windscreen. It completely changed for the better the comfort level for me when riding at highway speeds - and it really helps with directing rain up and over my helmet as well.

View attachment 101159

View attachment 101160

View attachment 101161
Now you are making me miss my Bandit. I've had one just like that as well as a blue 1250. Wish they still made them.