Options on 3 point back blade

animals45

Equipment
L3301l
Apr 22, 2021
Mabie CA
Ya may must have to suck it up & buy another hook . I bought that hook from Amazon & never looked back .
animals45

Bearcatrp

Equipment
BX1880
Mar 28, 2023
Minnesota
I got it to work without getting off the tractor. Just for my back blade. Will have to adjust when spring arrives and need the ballast box. Blade will stay on for the winter.

Attachments

Bearcatrp

Equipment
BX1880
Mar 28, 2023
Minnesota
Ya may must have to suck it up & buy another hook . I bought that hook from Amazon & never looked back .
animals45
Any way you can take measurements of front, bottom and rear of that hook? No hurry. Whenever you can. I'll compare it to mine.

Trimley

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX23SLSB-R-1 plus additions
Jul 25, 2023
PNW-WA
Looks like Cat0. It needs extensive surgery for Cat1

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Here is 2 pictures, side and back to the blade I just bought. The hook has to come off in order to hook the top pin.
You have a NON quick hitch compatible implement.

To make it Quick Hitch compatible:
Take the bolt out of the bottom hole and move it to the top hole.
You will need to get a longer bushing to keep the spacing proper.
Pipe works for the bushing.
Then weld the rest of the angle bar onto the vertical bracket if the welds on it already are not sufficient.
Another option is to install a set of short carriage bolts from the inside out and put the nut on the outside of the slot.
Then the hook will work properly.

Moving the hook down will also work but if you have any other implement that are QH compatible you'll have to move the hook all the time.
I found it much easier to set everything up as the same pin spacing.
If the bottom pins are too narrow with the bushings installed you can buy longer pins.

animals45

Equipment
L3301l
Apr 22, 2021
Mabie CA
Looks like if he pulls the bolt & moves it tp the upper hole there may not be anything for the 2 support arms that are bolted to the lover hole ?
animals45

NorthwoodsLife

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B7100(sold), Kubota LX2610 Cab
Oct 15, 2021
Wisconsin
I guess there's not so much "quick" in a quick hitch after all.
Ya'll spend more time figuring it out than it takes to just change implements without a QH.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

jyoutz

Equipment
MX6000 HST open station, FEL, 6’ cutter, forks, 8’ rear blade, 7’ cultivator
Jan 14, 2019
Edgewood, New Mexico
Ya'll spend more time figuring it out than it takes to just change implements without a QH.
I prefer the telescoping lift arms on my tractor to a quick hitch.

Reactions: 1 user

Bearcatrp

Equipment
BX1880
Mar 28, 2023
Minnesota
Starting to believe this. Am out of time since surgery is tomorrow. The blade is hooked up for the winter so think I'm covered for now. Thanks for everyone's help.

animals45

Equipment
L3301l
Apr 22, 2021
Mabie CA
I learned with mine that there is a learning curve . I bought a used HF QH for 40-45 bucks , a few cat 1 to 2 bushings & new top hook . I think total i'm in for 65 bucks . yea it took a couple times figuring out the quirks . With 4 failed back surgeries & pinched nerves in my lower back this is some of the best 65 buck's I ever spent . Rome wasn't built in a day .
animals45

Bearcatrp

Equipment
BX1880
Mar 28, 2023
Minnesota
With 2 back surgeries myself, possibly a 3rd coming up, I need quick attach setup. Surgery tomorrow for shoulder. Am figuring things out as I go. Seems the pins and bushings I have ordered from 2 different places are both large and have allot of slop going on attachments. Still made it work though. Pretty sure I'm set now for winter. Just hope snow holds off until I get a month of rehab in so I can use my right arm.

animals45

Equipment
L3301l
Apr 22, 2021
Mabie CA
I got my bushings at Tractor supply . But my QH was the proper width spacing for my Cat 1 Implement's so all I had to do was to bush the pins to a larger diameter . Is yer QH a real Cat 1 QH ?
animals45

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
yeah 'supposed' to be....
It seems most are CAT1 on the TRACTOR side but NOT the implement side(usually CAT3 ! ). Causes no end of grief for guys who now need bushings, adapters, and a prayer to make it work.
Another possible problem is the height from lower hooks to top hook. CAT1 'should' be 16",though I've seen 18" as well in reference drawings !! Might be the hole spacing in the first picture ?