Options on 3 point back blade

Bearcatrp

Equipment
BX1880
Mar 28, 2023
Minnesota
Picked up a 3 point quick attachment. My older landpride back blade isn’t wide enough at the lower pins. Need 30 inches end to end To fit on the quick attach. Am at 24 inches. Bushings are not long enough. Should I run a 30 inch bar through the holes of the pins I would need to remove? Any other ideas appreciated.

Attachments

animals45

Equipment
L3301l
Apr 22, 2021
Mabie CA
Ya can get a 30 " drawbar at places like Tractor Supply . They have holes ya can bolt it on to , or weld it on . I'm sure others have other ideas .
animals45

Reactions: 1 user

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
sigh ,another CAT 1 implement, CAT 3 'quick hitch'....
surely someone sells proper bushings or adapters ??
if not, make you own from 6" black iron pipe nipples and end caps( 30-24) /2 = 3" + overlap of 3"+-

If you modify the blade, no other tractor can use it,which might be a future problem.

Bearcatrp

Equipment
BX1880
Mar 28, 2023
Minnesota
sigh ,another CAT 1 implement, CAT 3 'quick hitch'....
surely someone sells proper bushings or adapters ??
if not, make you own from 6" black iron pipe nipples and end caps( 30-24) /2 = 3" + overlap of 3"+-

If you modify the blade, no other tractor can use it,which might be a future problem.
Am considering extending off the nipple but wasn't sure it will be strong enough. Need 3 inches on each side. Not sure I can get the nipples off as a bit of rust around the bolt. Thanks.

Last edited:

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
had a look out in the shop..you might be able to use.....
1" pipe fittings.... 4" long pipe nipple, coupler, short nipple, pipe cap. coupler will rest in the "U' hook, pipe cap keeps implement from sliding left-right.

by 'nipples' I assume you mean the 'pins' ? Some are welded on, some nutted. If nutted, TWO good pipe wrenches,some oil and some heat will get them off. They are fine thread so it'll take awhile.....
You could then use a section of 7/8" bar, with some 'spacers' and 'fender washers' on the ends.

Bearcatrp

Equipment
BX1880
Mar 28, 2023
Minnesota
had a look out in the shop..you might be able to use.....
1" pipe fittings.... 4" long pipe nipple, coupler, short nipple, pipe cap. coupler will rest in the "U' hook, pipe cap keeps implement from sliding left-right.

by 'nipples' I assume you mean the 'pins' ? Some are welded on, some nutted. If nutted, TWO good pipe wrenches,some oil and some heat will get them off. They are fine thread so it'll take awhile.....
You could then use a section of 7/8" bar, with some 'spacers' and 'fender washers' on the ends.
Appreciate your help. Am looking at a full rod going across but would have to drill the holes in the center to get it all the way through. If I go extension, just worried those pins will bend. Will have to see what I have around the garage to see if I have any small pipe to use to try 1st. Shoulder surgery is next friday so don't have allot of time to figure this out.

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
Apr 2, 2019
providing you don't have a lot of 'left-right' slop, nothing should bend. On my big blade(800#), there's 1/4-1/2" of 'slop' and nothing has ever bent,even after 2 decades of abuse, er 'use'.....

Bearcatrp

Equipment
BX1880
Mar 28, 2023
Minnesota
Did find a barely used 6 foot back blade. A little wider than I wanted but the pins are 32 inches apart so will work great with the quick connect. Will get it and see how it goes. Will sell the other one if this works out.

Bearcatrp

Equipment
BX1880
Mar 28, 2023
Minnesota
Having the same issue hooking up. The top hook on the quick connect is so large it won't hook underneath the top pin without me getting off the tractor, removing the pin, back in further, then put pin in. Does this on both ballast box and my back blade. Bad idea to grind down some of the hook? Got my bushings in from amazon. Only 1 set came in the mail. Was supposed to be 2 sets. Just batting a thousand at this point. Pissing me off though.

animals45

Equipment
L3301l
Apr 22, 2021
Mabie CA
I bet the holes are in different locations . This hook looks just like the one I took off until ya look at the holes .
animal

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Having the same issue hooking up. The top hook on the quick connect is so large it won't hook underneath the top pin without me getting off the tractor, removing the pin, back in further, then put pin in. Does this on both ballast box and my back blade. Bad idea to grind down some of the hook? Got my bushings in from amazon. Only 1 set came in the mail. Was supposed to be 2 sets. Just batting a thousand at this point. Pissing me off though.
It will also do that if you don't have the angle of the quick hitch set properly for the implement your hooking up!

Reactions: 1 user

animals45

Equipment
L3301l
Apr 22, 2021
Mabie CA
Does yer blade have a kickstand ? My LP does & it's at a terrible angle for my QH . It's gonna take a few times till ya get the right recipe . Ya may also find what works for one implement may not work for another one .
animal