Oil spray by FEL hookups BX23

leveraddict

Equipment
2017 BX23S 60" LP BoxBlade 54" mower 60" BackBlade EA 12" 1 bottom plow & Forks
Apr 1, 2019
NEPA
that manifold is a stupid setup.

Kubota even admitted to it and attempted to fix it a couple times.

In order to properly repair, they would have had to completely redesign the connection(s) and I don't think they were willing to do that.

it along with the easy-over deck is not something I would ever though Kubota was mass produce; it was nothing more the a marketing ploy to compete with Deere.
lugbolt does the dealer assemble the coupler or is it assembled by the factory?

leveraddict

Equipment
2017 BX23S 60" LP BoxBlade 54" mower 60" BackBlade EA 12" 1 bottom plow & Forks
Apr 1, 2019
NEPA
Took mine off for the first time, wiped it down real good, connections were nice and clean when reattaching the FEL. Don’t see anything so far. Machine has 130hrs now when I took it off for the first time
Good job Steve! Take care of that coupler and it will take care of you!

whitetiger

Staff member

Equipment
Kubota tech..BX2370, RCK60, B7100HST, RTV900 w plow, Ford 1100 FWA
Nov 20, 2011
Kansas City, KS
lugbolt does the dealer assemble the coupler or is it assembled by the factory?
The BX23S comes fully assembled from Kubota, you just drive them out of the trailer, PD them and deliver them.

Reactions: 1 user

DustyRusty

Equipment
2020 BX23S, BX2822 Snowblower, Curtis Deluxe Cab,
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
Yesterday when I removed my loader, I noticed some debris on the coupler lower plate. I wiped it down with a rag, and some I couldn't get it all off. A quick spray of brake cleaner, and after a second wiping it looked like it had never been used. I also wiped down all the couplers on the tractor and installed covers on them.
I did notice that the ram on the K connect is leaking from the cylinder. Unfortunately for me, there is no warranty on it because I bought it from the dealer that installed my cab, and it had come in with another actor that came in as a trade and had sold. Just not certain if I need any special tools to replace the seals or not. I am willing to give it a try at repairing if it is a straightforward seal replacement without specialty tools. I already have a pin wrench to open it up..

irash

Equipment
Kubota bx1880
Feb 4, 2022
I have a kubota BX1880 that I bought used (it was only one year old) and the quad connector didn’t leak a drop until I moved about 30 yards of dirt. After that it leaked whenever I moved the bucket. I saw a forum that a guy had a kubota 2380 and he removed the loader quad manifold and put on 4 -3/8 jic x 1/4 npt fittings and 4- 1/4 npt summit flat face hydraulic couplings and it hasn’t leaked a drop since.
I got on the internet and the summit connectors are back ordered and say the may never be back. Summit had a bunch of interchangeable coupling numbers. The female flat face couplings I went with are Stucchi A/FIRG part# STU800801000. You don’t have to do anything to the tractor end of the hydraulics. This may just be a coincidence but from day one of my owning the kubota the bucket quickly started to sag. Now it doesn’t and not a single drop on the floor. Here is the list of interchangeable flat face couplings for your bx 1880 or bx2380 kubota
1644178740549.jpeg

Last edited: