No (orange) Tractor Left Behind

pendoreille

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2620, fel, RB1560, Piranha Tooth Bar
Jan 2, 2015
Newport, WA
I gifted an old Allis Chambers (off color) to North Idaho Wolfman. Sunday was moving day. The AC had been pasture art for about 15 or so years but not in real bad shape. NIW showed up with bearskinner for the chore of getting it off the mountain. He did have a Kabota engine already on the trailer when he arrived. The first picture is NIW coasting down the hill smiling...and making tractor sounds, being persuaded by bearskinner. Don't know if bearskinner was making noises or not but he did have a smile on his face. Second picture is the tractor loaded and ready for a 3 hour run north. It was a long day for all but pretty much a fun day was had.

Attachments

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
give him some time.....he'll make it run like a swiss watch!!!!

Tooljunkie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L1501,home built carry all, mini plow blade.
May 13, 2014
Lac Du Bonnet, Manitoba,Canada
I remember one like that as a kid, at the cottage. Used to drag a stoneboat for building ditches, for mowing and baling. That was the machine they drove from town picking a trail through the bush along the track before there was any road.

The homesteaders rowed a boat 18 miles to town, got their groceries and rowed back the next day.
I remember the ice house, and the tools they used to drag the blocks. There was a sawmill nearby so accessing wood chips to cover ice was easy.

That little machine moved mountains. Built roads and anyting else you could imagine.

Im sure your old gem made wolfman's day.
Its time to turn back the clock on that tractor.....

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
We had a great time meeting and visiting, and pulling the Allis it out of the brush.

I hope to get to play with it this weekend, I haven't gotten to as yet as both Bearskinner and I have been working on the handicap dog rescue like mad men! They now have water and piping for main electric! :D