Next price increase from Kubota?

Dieseldonato

Equipment
B7510 hydro, yanmar ym146, cub cadet 1450, 582,782
Mar 15, 2022
Pa
Always been a fan of the B series. Have a neighbor with a bx that's a nice mower, but lacks in the tractor department. Dad's L has been a wonderful tractor but too big for around my place. The B series just fits that step up from garden tractor but not quite utility tractor size.

Reactions: 1 user

PaulL

Equipment
B2601
Jul 17, 2017
NZ
I have had cars with a sunroof since 1992, and have never opened a sunroof.
Yes....they all did have sunroofs!
I go out of my way to buy cars without sunroofs. Which is harder than you'd think. But more headroom, fewer leaks, and I never open them.

Reactions: 1 users

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4700DT, LA1002FEL, Ferguson5-8B Compactor-Roller, 10KDumpTrailer, RTV-X900
May 18, 2018
Texas
Speculation on what prices might do between now and next May is just that… Speculation.

Meanwhile you have some Factual Matters you can Depend Upon:

You have sufficient money Now to buy ”a” tractor (model undetermined so you don’t really know if the purchase would be wise now or not)…. but you ”may” have to Finance the tractor if you wait and an unknown price-increase occurs. :unsure:

I would be thinking: What exactly will make the money I have now disappear between now and then..?? …and How More-Important (or not) will be the reason for that expenditure that ”may” force me to finance the tractor with the unknown price…?

Meanwhile, if you attempt to pay for a tractor (of unknown model and therefore capabilities) Now…. what will you do to store and maintain it for the next six months.... presuming you take delivery… but if you don’t take delivery…. how will it be kept until you do, by whom, and in what conditon of storage…?? …OR… perhaps you are thinking it is not yet arrived at the dealer, in which case you will have put up money before-hand in an inflationary economy on a non-existant object of unknown capability….. And which may not fit the job-description once your new home is ready for occupation. 😟

I had a similar (but smaller) puzzle a month ago: My Dyed-diesel tank only had 60 gals in it while diesel fuel was being predicted to become Unavailable due to predicted “shortages” and Upward-Spiraling prices ($6+ per gallon)…. I was feeling Very Pressured to go fill up my storge tank while the price was only $4.55 (and rising) while diesel was available.
However, today, my tank still has 40 gals in it and even the local Grocery Store has just dropped it’s ROAD-diesel to $3.59. :oops:

I’d suggest you keep saving for a tractor…keeping your money in your portfolio for likely unexpected new-home expenses… and be more assured that you’ll make a better tractor-decision next spring when your needs are more clearly-defined and the costs are more firmly established.

Here’s the price of fuels LAST week. It’s 30-cents cheaper today.

D7B4C7B6-50EE-4303-BDE0-B30354F17BC7.jpeg

Last edited:

ItBmine

Equipment
B2620, RTV-X1100C
Jan 21, 2014
Canada
In my case it's not speculation when my dealership owner calls me and tells me prices are going up 10% in January.
Sounds like they are pretty decided whether Kubota corporate does it or not, LOL

rc51stierhoff

Equipment
B2650, MX6000, (BX sold)
Sep 13, 2021
Ohio
If planning to time the market on a purchase / price drop, good luck. If you put average wages in the same picture as CPI (see the link) over the same period it will make you sick to your stomach. Deflation has not really been a real thing in recent history for more than a few days at a time comparatively…what has been constant though is wages (stale for decades) not keeping up with consumer goods price increases….that and taxes, they are pretty reliable, they are like what would happen if herpes and hemorrhoids had a love child.

top gnome

Equipment
b2301 w bh fel grapple back blade snow plow forks
Dec 12, 2021
Fundy shore nova scotia
For many years (decades) I owned older farm tractors. I would pay 2 or 3 k for a tractor and spend 1/2 my time working on the tractor instead of doing the work the tractor was intended for. After now owning the B for about a year and putting over 100 hours on it I can say that I wish I would have bought one a long time ago. The B series ( I have a 2301) can do a tremendous amount of work and the quick attach allows for very fast changeovers. The BH gives me the ability to do things I never thought I could do on my time line and a little at a time. I have had bigger tractors and more powerful tractors but not more useful tractors. If I was going to actually row crop
DSCN5682.JPG
farm I think a bigger tractor would be in order and frankly I would have a farm tractor to pull a plow. that is what they are good at. For every thing else give me a B

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
In my case it's not speculation when my dealership owner calls me and tells me prices are going up 10% in January.
Sounds like they are pretty decided whether Kubota corporate does it or not, LOL
Kubota factory prices likely will go up a bit in January,...I just ain't buyin the 10% number!
Some dealers/sellers just love to blow price panic smoke up their customers axx!

Last edited:

ItBmine

Equipment
B2620, RTV-X1100C
Jan 21, 2014
Canada
Kubota factory prices likely will go up a bit in January,...I just ain't buyin the 10% number!
Some dealers/sellers just love to blow panic smoke up their customers axx!
Or price gouge us, LOL
They have a license to steal, because people just keep paying it.

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4700DT, LA1002FEL, Ferguson5-8B Compactor-Roller, 10KDumpTrailer, RTV-X900
May 18, 2018
Texas
It may not be speculation…. true.

It may only be good salesmanship.

Daferris

Equipment
LX2610
Nov 23, 2021
Mid-Michigan
I'm just glad I got mine last year when the Equine discount was worth something... That discount stinks now....

Swamp

Equipment
L4701DT with NH92 backhoe
Nov 22, 2022
Wisconsin
I was told the same thing last December when I ordered my tractor. That is why I am in the predicament I am in. They did raise equipment priced by 7% and implements by 9%. The problem I have is that I shouldn't care about a price increase if the unit is already in the dealer's inventory. He already bought that tractor at the old price. The price increase should take effect on the next tractor that the dealer purchases. In my brain if they charge more for the tractor that is already on their lot they are stealing from the buyer. I do not buy the line that they have to charge more the one they have in order to buy the newer higher priced one. That is for the next buyer of the next tractor to worry about.

PaulL

Equipment
B2601
Jul 17, 2017
NZ
I was told the same thing last December when I ordered my tractor. That is why I am in the predicament I am in. They did raise equipment priced by 7% and implements by 9%. The problem I have is that I shouldn't care about a price increase if the unit is already in the dealer's inventory. He already bought that tractor at the old price. The price increase should take effect on the next tractor that the dealer purchases. In my brain if they charge more for the tractor that is already on their lot they are stealing from the buyer. I do not buy the line that they have to charge more the one they have in order to buy the newer higher priced one. That is for the next buyer of the next tractor to worry about.
Do I recall that all Kubota tractors at the dealership are still owned by Kubota - the dealer isn't paying for the inventory? Or am I misremembering?

Heehaw

Equipment
MX5400hst Kubota Z726X
Oct 4, 2022
Michigan
Do I recall that all Kubota tractors at the dealership are still owned by Kubota - the dealer isn't paying for the inventory? Or am I misremembering?
This is what one of the dealers I talked to told me.
Was he trying to make corporate Kubota look like the bad guy instead of the dealership he works for, not sure.

BobInSD

Equipment
L5740
Jun 23, 2020
South Dakota
For many years (decades) I owned older farm tractors. I would pay 2 or 3 k for a tractor and spend 1/2 my time working on the tractor instead of doing the work the tractor was intended for. ...... I have had bigger tractors and more powerful tractors but not more useful tractors. If I was going to actually row crop farm I think a bigger tractor would be in order and frankly I would have a farm tractor to pull a plow. that is what they are good at. For every thing else give me a B
I agree with everything you said, but have no experience with a B series. I do wish I'd bought a more reliable tractor 20 years ago. I loved working on my 60's era iron, but was never sure I could just use one without a little wrenching first.

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
***Current*** M6060HDC, MX6000HSTC & GL7000 ***Sold*** MX6000HST & BX25TLB
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
I bought the M6060 in May of this year for the reasons discussed in this thread. The tractor had just shown up on the dealer lot in Sheridan, WY and had been ordered before the latest (last) price increase. The tractor was listed on the dealer's website at $7k below the "build it" price on Kubota's website, and it had a second rear remote not shown or included on the invoice. When I asked the owner of the dealership about the price he confirmed that it was listed based on the price at the time of ordering and not current price.

Given that nothing is getting cheaper, and knowing that I wanted a bigger tractor at some point, I jumped at the chance to get the M and have no regrets.

rc51stierhoff

Equipment
B2650, MX6000, (BX sold)
Sep 13, 2021
Ohio
I don’t know what the current allocation or order condition is but previously I believe whether it was order or allocated made a difference on the note and when it was due…and that I think when the world turned upside down due to inventory and wait times in some cases maybe that is upside down as more units are now allocated and the due date on the note is more flexible which sort of fixes the price vs previously when a dealer ordered and had stock coming in regularly there was more flexibility with the price and when the note was due…maybe if someone from a dealership in here they can confirm what that is or isnt. But that was the explanation i understood from my dealer…and I think it affected both price and availability. I could have misunderstood though. if it’s true, then maybe the dealers are being honest…I’d give the benefit of doubt until they prove otherwise. If you don’t trust them don’t order / buy from them. They are not all bad in my experience.

DustyRusty

Equipment
2020 BX23S, BX2822 Snowblower, Curtis Deluxe Cab,
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
If I read that correctly, you are insinuating that Kubota USA is the greedy pig in this revolving door of price hikes and they are allowing the dealerships to be taking the flak from the customers, and the dealerships are not benefitting as a result?