Next price increase from Kubota?

jt_pv

Dec 16, 2022
Prescott Valley, AZ
Hi all. First post.

I am in the process of building a house on acreage (first build, first time owning land). House won't be complete till Mayish -- we'll see. At any rate, I was looking at tractors at the local dealer (Bingham Equipment) and was told to expect a 10% increase on Jan 1. I've searched far and wide to find any post on any website that corroborates a price increase, and can't find any. Is this just a sales guy looking to pad his number before the end of year, or is there a good chance that Kubota has a major price increase coming next month?

I really wouldn't mind waiting till my house is closer to being completed to buy/order a tractor -- with inflation going crazy I already have had a number of change orders on the house and expect a few more before I'm done. Right now I could afford to pay cash for a tractor. Next year, I might have to finance a portion of the purchase price. Either way, I wouldn't mind a lower price for a tractor. The other question is, what are the chances that tractor prices will level out with a recession on the way?

Any advice would be appreciated. Currently looking at either B2601 or LX2610SUHSD.

Thanks,
Jeff

XSpecBx

Equipment
B2601, Artillian Pallet Forks, Woodmaxx MX-8600, LP BB1248
Apr 3, 2022
Ledyard, CT
No idea if the price increase is true. Haven’t heard anything, but wouldn’t surprise me. There have been 3 or 4 price increases over the last year, usually each around 4%. Demand still seems pretty high, but availability seems to be leveling out. I would call a couple dealers in your area and see if you get the same story.

As for machine size, hard for anyone to tell you what is best for your needs. There are people that use a BX on large acreage properties. I have a B2601 for an acre and it is perfect for my needs, but would be too large by many peoples standards.

I would look at what you plan to do with it, what you need for lift capacity, etc and go from there. The LX is a larger tractor than the B2601. It will have more lift capacity on both the loader and 3 point. If you need the mid PTO for a mower deck or snow blower then you’ll want the regular LX2610 (not the SU version).

Look at what you want/need for implements and pick your engine size from there.

Go sit on the machines as well if you can. If you need to get into tight places, the B01 may be a better fit.Good luck

Reactions: 1 user

Daferris

Equipment
LX2610
Nov 23, 2021
Mid-Michigan
Jan 1 is a normal date for a price change but that said I have no clue if there will be a increase. However with how prices are I would not be surprised either...
The best thing you can do is to go sit on some and drive them around.
I use mine mostly for cleaning up fallen trees and plowing the drive. I used to have a B7510 (essentially a B2301) but the loader just would not lift enough for me. That's when I sold it in Oct '21 and ordered a LX2610. The lX is borderline too big when I in the woods but it works just sometimes I have to make multi point turns to get between trees. If you plan on mowing with it consider getting a Zero turn mower instead. The mower deck on a tractor just gets in the way when doing loader work and is a PITA if you have to take it off all the time.
As to the pricing I just priced my tractor on the Kubota build site MSRP in Dec 2021 when I took delivery was $24,874 today it's $27,584 that's pretty much 10% in the past year it went up....

Attachments

ItBmine

Equipment
B2620, RTV-X1100C
Jan 21, 2014
Canada
Yep, even hear in Canada. My dealer owner called me yesterday and told me prices are going up another 10% January first. Even he thinks it's getting ridiculous.

SDT

Equipment
multiple and various
Apr 15, 2018
SE, IN
Hi all. First post.

I am in the process of building a house on acreage (first build, first time owning land). House won't be complete till Mayish -- we'll see. At any rate, I was looking at tractors at the local dealer (Bingham Equipment) and was told to expect a 10% increase on Jan 1. I've searched far and wide to find any post on any website that corroborates a price increase, and can't find any. Is this just a sales guy looking to pad his number before the end of year, or is there a good chance that Kubota has a major price increase coming next month?

I really wouldn't mind waiting till my house is closer to being completed to buy/order a tractor -- with inflation going crazy I already have had a number of change orders on the house and expect a few more before I'm done. Right now I could afford to pay cash for a tractor. Next year, I might have to finance a portion of the purchase price. Either way, I wouldn't mind a lower price for a tractor. The other question is, what are the chances that tractor prices will level out with a recession on the way?

Any advice would be appreciated. Currently looking at either B2601 or LX2610SUHSD.

Thanks,
Jeff
For obvious reasons, manufacturers rarely announce price increases to the public in advance but they do often announce such to dealers a month or so in advance to motivate dealers to place orders prior to such increases.

That said, it is reasonable to expect a price increase at the beginning of the year.

It is not reasonable to expect to find confirmation of such increases on the web or elsewhere.

Reactions: 1 users

PoTreeBoy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L35 Ford 3930
Mar 24, 2020
WestTn/NoMs
Of course the guys above are talking about a mid-mount mower. You can put a rear mower on any tractor with 3 point hitch. Maybe not as good as a zero turn, but cheaper and easier to take on and off than a MMM. My BIL has been using one for 30+ years on his Ford 1520, just replaced the first one.

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
Hi all. First post.

Thanks,
Jeff
"Machinerypete.com" currently has 49 used Kubota B2601 tractors listed for sale.
You maybe should consider looking there, or in a similar direction.

The Evil Twin

Equipment
L2501, LA526,
Jul 19, 2022
Virginia
I just read that Christmas dinner will be 16% more than last year's average. If a tractor goes up 10% that's not bad.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

PoTreeBoy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L35 Ford 3930
Mar 24, 2020
WestTn/NoMs
Regarding price - I experienced the '60s and '70s, LBJ, tricky Dick, and Carter. I'm no economist, but I see similarities to those times. The Fed seems so intent on curbing inflation, they're willing to have a recession, so we'll end up with stagflation. I think workers are tired of getting squeezed and will hold out for higher pay. Heck, if I were still working and saw us retirees getting 9% COLA, I'd want a big raise too. So, although some commodities like steel and lumber may be easing, labor costs and other factors will prevent manufacturing costs (and prices on new goods) from dropping. Manufacturers will reduce production before they'll cut prices if demand eases.

That said, you could see small discounts on pipeline inventory and moreso on used equipment.

In the past, Kubota has announced price increases in advance. So, I think smaller, more frequent adjustments are more likely than a single large new year increase. On the other hand, if you want a new tractor by May, you may have to order it now.

jkrubi12

Equipment
B2601/LA435/QA54"/BH70/B8160box/BB1254/PFL1242/SGC0554/WC-68 Chipper
Sep 24, 2012
right coast
I believe that there will most likely be some sort of price increase, likely 10% by the end of next year but introduced incrementally as mentioned above.

Another issue that you could likely be facing is inventory shortage, which has been a persistent problem for years now. When you finally decide on what to get tractor-wise you may find that the model you want is not in inventory but on back-order, in addition to some attachments that you were also interested including in your purchase.

The best advice is to be certain of what you are seeking tractor-wise, and become knowledgeable about availability and price changes. Becoming familiar with more than one dealer is important in this regard, if possible. Visiting the dealer(s) and actually trying out different tractors is extremely helpful, if not mandatory.

Another point of consideration is that the dealers receive 'components' from the Kubota factory and assemble tractors for customers according to what each customer is looking for. The variety of such components (e.g., tires) for each model is amazing & welcome, but it's up to the purchaser to evaluate effectively what will work best for them, and that includes selecting the right base tractor. The 'quality of assembly' by the dealer could vary from dealer to dealer, and while I'm sure that others may disagree, I feel that how well-assembled your tractor is goes a long way to establishing owner satisfaction.

Heehaw

Equipment
MX5400hst Kubota Z726X
Oct 4, 2022
Michigan
FWIW, I had contact with 4 different dealers in the past few weeks. All 4 said they expected a 4-6% increase coming.

XSpecBx

Equipment
B2601, Artillian Pallet Forks, Woodmaxx MX-8600, LP BB1248
Apr 3, 2022
Ledyard, CT
Just saw an advertisement for a local dealer I follow on social media. They said prices increases starting January 1st, but didn’t say how much. Definitely a price once coming.

Rdrcr

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L2501 w/ S2T Turbo Kit = 35 PTO HP (Current), B2601 (Sold)
May 7, 2021
WA
While I haven’t seen anything official, I’m sure there will be a price increase at the beginning of the new year. It’s normal and has been going on for decades. All you’d need to do is start researching tractor prices year-to-year.

The year-to-year manufacturer price increases also help resale value down the line. Tractors, assuming they don’t get abused and are maintained properly and remain in good condition, can be good investments down the road.

Mike

jt_pv

Dec 16, 2022
Prescott Valley, AZ
Thanks for the replies.

As for the unit I am looking for. I don't need/want a midmount mower, so the SU version of the LX would be fine. The B2601 seems to be the perfect size/fit/specs for what I am looking for. However, I have also heard that the B01 line may be nearing an end -- too much overlap with the LX series. That being said, I really would like a backhoe (eventually). The cost may delay that purchase a year or so. And, there is a better chance to purchase a backhoe down the road for a LX than a B01. Please let me know if you hear differently.

Beyond that, I have an immediate need for a grading scraper (driveway and road maintenance), post hole digger, and potentially some pallet forks. If I need to do some mowing the rotary cutter would be a better choice, but I'm hoping not necessary.

Thanks,
Jeff

trueg50

Equipment
B2601
Jul 1, 2020
Vermont
I love my b2601, I think it or the SU would be a good choice too. Mine is a good in-between tractor; light enough to take across the lawn, but big enough to lift most loads off trucks, move items with the grapple etc.. I sometimes wish I had more weight for moving snow/earth work, or more pto for a 3pt winch, but just as often I find the tractor just barely light enough for the lawn and handling around the house. When I win the lottery I'll get a BX and Grand L, but till the the B2601 is perfect.

Backhoe: they sound great, but I can rent vastly more capable excavators for a very long time before the b2601 backhoe-option starts being cheaper. Plus the maintenance/storage on the backhoe, and that I have to remove/reinstall the 3pt to use the rear implements.

If you really knew what you needed, if say buy now while the kubota 0% is still offered. Since you aren't sure about your needs, it might not be a bad idea to see about renting a b2601 or a BX for a weekend. That might help you decide if that size is what you need or if something bigger is more what you need.

PaulL

Equipment
B2601
Jul 17, 2017
NZ
However, I have also heard that the B01 line may be nearing an end -- too much overlap with the LX series.
All the Kubota models are very close together. It's deliberate. Something for everyone. You look at a BX, for just a bit more money you can get a B. But for just a little more than that, you can get an LX. And only a tiny bit more gets you into an L. Of course, a Grand L isn't a big step, and it's got a lot more features. But for the price of a Grand L, you can really get into an MX, and that's a much better machine. And the M has more capability for only a tiny bit more money.

So really, you could easily go to a Kubota shop for a BX and come home with an M for just a little more money.

There's been a B size tractor in the Kubota range for decades. They sell a lot of them, and they're a lot better machine in many ways than the BX. I'd be super surprised to see that size discontinued.

Reactions: 3 users

DustyRusty

Equipment
2020 BX23S, BX2822 Snowblower, Curtis Deluxe Cab,
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
Just like the Chevrolet models in the 1960s. They had 56 different models, and each one was just a hair more than the last one that you were considering. You went in looking for a base model Corvair and left driving out in a fully loaded Impala that cost twice the amount the Corvair cost but look at all the features that you got for your money!
Things haven't changed, and in 2016 when I ordered a new Explorer for my wife, we started with the XLT, but it didn't come with movable pedals, so we had to bump it up to the Limited, which came with a whole lot more. By the time we were done, if I had deleted the cost of the sunroof, we could have bought a Platinum for just a bit more, but we still wouldn't have gotten the sunroof. As a side note, while she loved the sunroof on the old Explorer, she never opens the sunroof on the new Explorer.

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
Just like the Chevrolet models in the 1960s. They had 56 different models, and each one was just a hair more than the last one that you were considering. You went in looking for a base model Corvair and left driving out in a fully loaded Impala that cost twice the amount the Corvair cost but look at all the features that you got for your money!
Things haven't changed, and in 2016 when I ordered a new Explorer for my wife, we started with the XLT, but it didn't come with movable pedals, so we had to bump it up to the Limited, which came with a whole lot more. By the time we were done, if I had deleted the cost of the sunroof, we could have bought a Platinum for just a bit more, but we still wouldn't have gotten the sunroof. As a side note, while she loved the sunroof on the old Explorer, she never opens the sunroof on the new Explorer.
I have had cars with a sunroof since 1992, and have never opened a sunroof.
Yes....they all did have sunroofs!

top gnome

Equipment
b2301 w bh fel grapple back blade snow plow forks
Dec 12, 2021
Fundy shore nova scotia
I love my b2601, I think it or the SU would be a good choice too. Mine is a good in-between tractor; light enough to take across the lawn, but big enough to lift most loads off trucks, move items with the grapple etc.. I sometimes wish I had more weight for moving snow/earth work, or more pto for a 3pt winch, but just as often I find the tractor just barely light enough for the lawn and handling around the house. When I win the lottery I'll get a BX and Grand L, but till the the B2601 is perfect.

Backhoe: they sound great, but I can rent vastly more capable excavators for a very long time before the b2601 backhoe-option starts being cheaper. Plus the maintenance/storage on the backhoe, and that I have to remove/reinstall the 3pt to use the rear implements.

If you really knew what you needed, if say buy now while the kubota 0% is still offered. Since you aren't sure about your needs, it might not be a bad idea to see about renting a b2601 or a BX for a weekend. That might help you decide if that size is what you need or if something bigger is more what you need.
I agree with the b series being a great size tractor perfect for moving thru the woods and doing a ton of work.
As far as the back hoe it depends. for me the back hoe has as many hours as the loader on it since I bought the tractor. removing stumps and brush and digging drainage ditches and excavating tractor shed footings. even clearing brush it is handy and does a good job of it. I bought a front snow blade so I can leave the the back hoe on all of the time.

Forks are way more useful than I realized.