New Tractor Delivery Gone Wrong!!!

CaveCreekRay

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800 HST, KingKutter box scraper, KingKutter 66" rake, County Pride Subsoiler
Jul 11, 2014
Cave Creek, AZ
OMG. That guy is looking for a new job. And I bet that tractor gets replaced with a new one. How sad.

Fordtech86

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200
Aug 7, 2018
Pineville,LA
Stuff definitely does happen, that probably shouldn’t have though.

A couple weeks ago we had a salesman demonstrating the auto park feature on a new expedition. Well the driven expedition auto parked itself into another brand new expedition. Two $80,000 rides were married lol. I’m sure that sale didn’t go through lol. And it wasn’t the first salesperson if ever seen back into something trying to use the auto park. Then it instantly comes to service because there is obviously something wrong with it :rolleyes:

mdhughes

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901DT
Dec 10, 2014
Ste Geneveive county, MO
From the last video he posted, they are bringing him a new tractor.

I can't believe the guy that delivered it didn't set the ramps close enough to start with. I guess he was too worried about his kids and not what he was doing.

I wonder if Messicks will keep using him to deliver equipment for them? The comment that Messicks left on the video said that he was an independent hauler.

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
I guess when you get big like Messicks, you hire your deliveries out. My dealer delivers his own units with his own rollback. Lots safer than a trailer with ramps. He picks up units tooo. I've never had to haul my tractors to his shop, he always picks up and delivers.

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
Stuff definitely does happen, that probably shouldn’t have though.

A couple weeks ago we had a salesman demonstrating the auto park feature on a new expedition. Well the driven expedition auto parked itself into another brand new expedition. Two $80,000 rides were married lol. I’m sure that sale didn’t go through lol. And it wasn’t the first salesperson if ever seen back into something trying to use the auto park. Then it instantly comes to service because there is obviously something wrong with it :rolleyes:
Autp park sounds like a disaster in the making.

Fordtech86

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200
Aug 7, 2018
Pineville,LA
Autp park sounds like a disaster in the making.
Been around for a while, it does work if you know how to use it. The new trucks will even back up a trailer. Just sad where this is going. I’m not very old but I remember when you had to drive a car lol.

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
It's a terrible situation to be on either side of. I can't watch that man's videos. He takes too long to make a point. It just wears me out wonder what he's trying to get to!

The first one I skipped fast forward to try to get to the point. The second one I only lasted less than a minute, skipping to his desk to hear nothing but what the two objections were......

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
It's a terrible situation to be on either side of. I can't watch that man's videos. He takes too long to make a point. It just wears me out wonder what he's trying to get to!

The first one I skipped fast forward to try to get to the point. The second one I only lasted less than a minute, skipping to his desk to hear nothing but what the two objections were......
I would have been out there spotting for the driver to make sure my machine got off in one piece. Not filming a video.

edritchey

Lifetime Member

Equipment
A bunch of cute little Kubotas
Jul 19, 2014
Wellsville, PA
Messick's has always delivered our machines with employees from their store and sometimes by the salesmen themselves.

mpham

Equipment
B 2650 cab
Nov 15, 2016
Massachusetts
shoving the back hoe up in the air automatically put the machine off balance. Idiot driver should have opened the rear window and maneuvered the hoe close to the ground to keep the machine safe.

jackfrank

Jun 23, 2019
USA
The video was beautiful but thanked God that the tractor is not getting into significant damage. Hey guys, it's too late to make the point.

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
So did they replace his machine or what,, I couldnt watch this guy while I feel for him,and I know he was trying to tell a story it was just to many words

johnjk

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B3200 w/loader, Woods RC5 brush hog, 4' box blade, tooth bar, B1700 MMM,
Apr 13, 2017
West Mansfield, OH
I couldn't make it through the video's either. I was wondering though when the guy was delivering why he didn't position the rig so he was unloading uphill? Wet day, minimize the effects of gravity, slick surfaces and Murphy?

My dealer has their own fleet of delivery vehicles. Rollbacks for the smaller units and goose necks for the larger tractors. Not much worry about deliveries on hills around where I live.

Newlyme

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4900 w/loader, finish mower, tiller, auger, rake. BX24 w/loader, backhoe
May 27, 2015
Nelson Ohio USA
I would have been out there spotting for the driver to make sure my machine got off in one piece. Not filming a video.
AMEN!

The whole thing was probably a set up for everyone’s amusement.

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
AMEN!

The whole thing was probably a set up for everyone’s amusement.
Yeah, I have a hard time with videos like that. And little respect for the posters. Same thing with the people filming someone hurt verses helping them. I have a sudden urge to want to box their ears for being stupid.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

CaveCreekRay

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800 HST, KingKutter box scraper, KingKutter 66" rake, County Pride Subsoiler
Jul 11, 2014
Cave Creek, AZ
Daren nailed it.

If your pride and joy is about to roll off the trailer, why stand there in the rain like a useless boob, filming the delivery? I'd be there spotting him on the ramps and making sure it came off unscathed. Can't count how many times I have stopped a friend or delivery guy from doing serious damage because they couldn't see a clearance issue. Not giving the delivery guy a total pass but, this owner is a boob. An to think he owned a small machine before the Kubota. (Can I say boob?:))

Last edited:

coachgeo

Equipment
L225 w/woods Few Mowers & Back Blade, D722 in Motorcycle (Triumph Tiger), LMTV
Nov 16, 2012
Southern OH
Daren nailed it.

If your pride and joy is about to roll off the trailer, why stand there in the rain like a useless boob, ...)
he explained his thoughts on that in one of the video's real well.

oh and Messicks is replacing the tractor.