new to the fourm

sonny4954

Equipment
tractor
Mar 16, 2010
olivehill, tn
I have a l3500 kubota tractor with a three cylnder engine 1908cc I am in need of an exhaust manifold any ideas? What north american mod. will fit?

Last edited:

traildust

Equipment
B7610HST 4WD, LA352 FEL, Gearmore 2 Spool Top & Tilt Box Scraper
Jan 27, 2010
Phelan, California
yes i still have it i just broke it off today.i am a welder by trade but it is in a mess with all four corners broken off.
Oh wow sonny, wait till handy sees the part you are a welder. You're gonna be like two chatty kathies :D

A big welcome to the forum sonny!

Scott

handyman

Equipment
Kubota B7100HST-E
Sep 18, 2009
Dayton,Tn.
Sonny have you had a lot of experiance welding cast? I am assuming( you know def of assume) I see this is the exhaust? I am assuming it is cast.Please let me know. Can you send me a picture if not I will be looking for the picture on a website I know of. talk later we may be able to salvage that one. I will send you a pm when I hear from you. Glad to hear you are a welder by trade I have done it since early 70s.handy

Last edited:

handyman

Equipment
Kubota B7100HST-E
Sep 18, 2009
Dayton,Tn.
Vic may picup on this thread tomorrow if he doesnt try west kentucky tractor parts. type in address bar whypt.com should come up. We may be able to salvage that one I have repaired a lot of exhaust manifolds.;)vic goes by service dept vic he is very knowlegable of what parts will fit other tractors. I do them different than most welders. Let me know. handy

sonny4954

Equipment
tractor
Mar 16, 2010
olivehill, tn
well i guess i started welding about the same time you did i have welded more pipe than you can shake a stick at and burned my share of ni rod on cast. i might be able to fix this manifold i haven't tried yet just thought i would replace it if i could find one. I will try to get a pic or two if i can figure out how to post it. these computers are a new thing to me.

Last edited:

handyman

Equipment
Kubota B7100HST-E
Sep 18, 2009
Dayton,Tn.
sonny I understand about posting the pics I have problems ther also. I was a pipefitter and boilmaker crossover either one for a lot of years also. No doubt you are qualified maybe sometime we will get a chance to meet like to. I talked to a person at the link kentucky tractor i sent you been a few months ago. They said they had a lot of kubota you may want to try there. I will send you a pm and ask a question. Good luck handy.

sonny4954

Equipment
tractor
Mar 16, 2010
olivehill, tn
sounds like a winner to me. i worked a lot of years as a pipe line welder and about the same amount of time in a mechine shop. the last few years i have lived on the farm and just fix farm and logging equipment for the local folks .don't make much money but at least im here to see the grand kids grow up.

handyman

Equipment
Kubota B7100HST-E
Sep 18, 2009
Dayton,Tn.
Smart man same reason I came off the road when I did good money but rough on family when they told me and my traveling buddy we HAD to go below miamia fl. and miss christmas with the family. wont go into it but time for decision we spent christmas with family:D. handy

JWB

Jan 3, 2010
florida
Handy,
can you start a new thread about your "trick" for cast? I am also a welder and LOVE learning new ways to get the job done that others who "know it all" on the job sites never thought of.
JWB

sonny4954

Equipment
tractor
Mar 16, 2010
olivehill, tn
Handy,
can you start a new thread about your "trick" for cast? I am also a welder and LOVE learning new ways to get the job done that others who "know it all" on the job sites never thought of.
JWB
if this was ment for me ole son don't worry about the mule just load the wagon if not then have a good day

traildust

Equipment
Jan 27, 2010
Phelan, California
if this was ment for me ole son don't worry about the mule just load the wagon if not then have a good day
Hi Sonny,
JWB was referring to handyman. We all just call him handy. I believe handy has been in touch with you about the manifold. He's a hell of a man and a hell of a friend.

This forum can get confusing until you get used to it. Everybody will jump in and do what other forums refer to as hijacking. That's such an ugly word.

Here, we just think of it as sitt'n around and having a great conversation with the fellas. Remember, there's always room for one more around the burn barrel.

I know I'm late but welcome to this great forum!

By the way, I like that phrase "don't worry about the mule just load the wagon".

Scott

sonny4954

Equipment
tractor
Mar 16, 2010
olivehill, tn
good morning traildust. didn't really mean to sound like a horses a. and i am always open to new ways of looking at a repair. i was hoping some one could tell me if kubota used this engine in something sold here in the us. there is no english writing in the engine that i can find only 1908cc

dusty-t

Feb 17, 2009
Mountforest Ontario
Welcome to the forum Sonny.Most of the Grey market tractors will cross over with U.S. models. If you post some thing in the grey market section you may get a quicker better answer. Sorry I can't be more help.:D Dusty

traildust

Equipment
Jan 27, 2010
Phelan, California
good morning traildust. didn't really mean to sound like a horses a. and i am always open to new ways of looking at a repair. i was hoping some one could tell me if kubota used this engine in something sold here in the us. there is no english writing in the engine that i can find only 1908cc
Hi Sonny, and yes today was a good morning!

Please, no worries about sounding like a horses a. I have learned on the forum that what ever I read probably is not what the guy intended when he wrote it.

For that engine, I don't know anything about those. But like Dusty mentioned there are a lot of cross overs that are very similar. The only problem is finding those little creatures. The only person I know for sure that can give you the answer is Vic. Man that guy blows my mind with the stuff he knows. Maybe if you sent him a PM it would be a lot faster. Here is a link to his profile: Service Dept Vic.

Take care,
Scott

JWB

Jan 3, 2010
florida
WOW!, Now this is a case of someone taking something the wrong way. I was just trying NOT to hijack the thread. Just wanted to learn from Handy. The guy knows all kinds of GREAT stuff! On a few of the job sites I work on there are "plumbers" who have been welders since before the wheel was invented. They remind me all day long of there "knowlege" (These guys say that TIG welding and pulse MIG are "fads"). I wanted to glean some knowlege from Handy, A guy who knows his "onions". Sorry for the confusion. No harm no Foul.:)

handyman

Equipment
Kubota B7100HST-E
Sep 18, 2009
Dayton,Tn.
Sonny hope you are getting some info on that manifold. I beleive vic will be contacting you if not already good luck. If you ever toward my way give me a day notice we will meet and drink a cup coffee or something. Good luck handy