new to me tractor

hal1937

Equipment
L2600f
Oct 10, 2014
shannon, ms
Hi. I just bought a little kubota L2600f tractor with 300 hrs on it. Not sure what fluids have been changed in it so I decided just to change everything front to back. I do not have a manual. I'm wondering if someone could tell me what type of transmission/hydralic fluid should go in it. I did some reading and some said gear oil and others said hydralic fluid. And also it has a fill hole in back and fill hole in middle by gear shift with a sight glass window on side. Does both holes fill same thing or is each for different reservoir? All recommendations and input on this tractor much appreciated.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Yes both plugs will put fluid into the same place, read the sight glass to fill to level.
UDT or SUDT-2 is the 2 best choices for your tractor and for a long healthy life.

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
Hi. I just bought a little kubota L2600f tractor with 300 hrs on it. Not sure what fluids have been changed in it so I decided just to change everything front to back. I do not have a manual. I'm wondering if someone could tell me what type of transmission/hydralic fluid should go in it. I did some reading and some said gear oil and others said hydralic fluid. And also it has a fill hole in back and fill hole in middle by gear shift with a sight glass window on side. Does both holes fill same thing or is each for different reservoir? All recommendations and input on this tractor much appreciated.

And spend the money on the S.............S udt2

S = synthetic...............mo better, cost more , but that ol girl is worth it !:D