new to me b1750HST w/tranny noise

Kubota_Bob

Equipment
B7200DT with 1630 loader and Kubota 4520 Backhoe
Jan 27, 2013
Coarsegold, CA
Hi,

I saw early on that there was a question about this tractor having a pilot bushing or bearing to support the front of the transmission input shaft...

Does it require a pilot bushing?????

Did you measure the ID of the crankshaft/flywheel bore and the OD of the input shaft to see what the clearance is?????

If it requires a pilot bushing/bearing and it was not installed the misalignment at the front of the input shaft will break out the center of your clutch disc.....

It would be better and cheaper to find out now rather than later..

Just trying to help,
Bob

mattbatson

Sep 16, 2011
Deltona, FL, U.S.
Save yourself some serious $$ and go to an auto parts store and get heater hoses of the right size.:cool:
They are made of the same materials as factory hoses. If you want to upgrade go with the red high temp hose.;)
thx!
I wasn't sure if heater hoses would be okay.

I'm heading to advanced today to get a few feet in different sizes...plan to replace everything.

appreciate it!

mattbatson

Sep 16, 2011
Deltona, FL, U.S.
I had a hyd line that ran along the frame, bolting to the frame before going up to the oil cooler...and being how I am, I couldn't fathom leaving the frame there with chipped paint and rust spots....
so I hooked up the wire brush onto the drill and went to work, and then laid down some rustoleum rusty metal primer

I didn't go all the way down the frame right now, as i'm trying, really hard, to stay focused, ha....so just did the part that the hyd line bolts up to, since it would be difficult after installed to do this...

Kubota blue laid down...

measuring my new hyd hose line for cutting

new hose hooked up and hose clamped

here is the metal line that I painted behind, where it hooks up to the cooler...the old hose is still installed. I cut it off and found my two heater hose sizes didn't really fit this one. So off to the auto parts store tomorrow for more hose sizes. Also ran out of hose clamps in the right size, so more of those also.

bear with me, I'm hopefully not annoying people with these posts. But, I've found that doing this keeps me thinking about and working on the tractor.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
I know that Matt understands, but I want to clarify for those reading that are not as well versed, the heater hose for hydraulic hose only works for suction lines (no pressure).;)

Looking good Matt! If you have a good parts store they will let you go look threw the preformed hoses, and you're sure to find the right size in with those.

mattbatson

Sep 16, 2011
Deltona, FL, U.S.
I went to the auto parts store to get heater/radiator hose to replace hyd hose but had no luck.
the heater hose is much thinner walled and there weren't any sizes that I could use

so it looks like I'll be going to the dealer and keeping my fingers crossed on pricing

so I moved onto other things tonight instead...

starter went on really easy

but there was some damage on the bottom bolt hole that I had forgotten about...but I think it will be okay

there was a bit of rat's nest wiring off the starter...will deal with that stuff later though

bolted up another hyd line under the tunnel...

test fitted the power steering column...but it needs to be cleaned up first...

put the foot plates, or whatever their called, in place, but not bolted down as I need to see where everything fits around them. I hate taking stuff off and on when I forget to do something in order...

looking more and more like a running/together tractor!

mattbatson

Sep 16, 2011
Deltona, FL, U.S.
I know that Matt understands, but I want to clarify for those reading that are not as well versed, the heater hose for hydraulic hose only works for suction lines (no pressure).;)

Looking good Matt! If you have a good parts store they will let you go look threw the preformed hoses, and you're sure to find the right size in with those.
hey, I went to an auto parts store nearby and they didn't seem to have anything that would fit.
I may try another one and see what they have....
I've bought some stuff from the dealer, and some things are incredibly expensive, and others not so bad.
I'll price them and see.

thx

mattbatson

Sep 16, 2011
Deltona, FL, U.S.
found a semi straight rad hose in the size I needed

cleaning up the steering gear

some of the mount bolts had their nuts seized on

ran tap and die over the bolts and nuts

Loctite

set in place on studs

mattbatson

Sep 16, 2011
Deltona, FL, U.S.
so did a little tonight...

rusty metal primer on some bare metal on steering gear

then Kubota blue

then onto more hyd lines...
this one was tough, as it was squeezed in there tight

then got the other side that goes to the cooler

power steering hyd return line...

then got the hard line onto the power steering..thankfully I didn't bolt down the steering gear, as I had to rock it back to get everything started and bolted up...

my dog "buddy" keeping me company the whole time

more later

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Looking good!
Here is my side kick, Vixen the Timber Wolf.
Vixen.jpg

Vixen Lounging.jpg

Tired Wolf.jpg

mattbatson

Sep 16, 2011
Deltona, FL, U.S.
Looking good!
Here is my side kick, Vixen the Timber Wolf.
View attachment 8633

View attachment 8634

View attachment 8635
he is big
nice looking wolf!
I remember seeing wolves for the first time, at a zoo, and being amazed at their size. Seeing them on TV doesn't show that well...

Both of my dogs are rescues...buddy is a mixed terrier, and "max" is an Australian cattle dog, like in the movie "mad max"...hence his name.

Max came from a pound.
Buddy was rescued a little differently.
I was working for a straight week, sunrise to sunset, on a rental property that we owned in the hills of NC. While working there, I noticed the neighbor had buddy, who was a six month old puppy at the time, locked in one of those little trip carriers. He was in that thing for every minute that I was there. Never walked or let out, laying in his own excrement.
At the time I already had four rescue dogs and didn't need another AND we were moving...but I couldn't let this dog live another minute like that.

So I went over at the end of my stay and offered to buy the dog. 30 bucks later, we were driving across state in my pickup truck.

Buddy has been appreciative for that ever since (8 yrs ago).

The wife mentions it all the time that buddy is my dog...he only wants to hang out with me rather than the wife and kid, ha ha.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Vixen is not happy with you! SHE would like to have a chat with you!:p
We have Remy the Poodle, Ellie, the Red Heeler, Mia the Husky / Malamute mix, Taya the Wolf / Husky mix, Mika the Malamute, and Vixen the Wolf.
Sadly we lost one of our 4 legged Kids last week to cancer. RIP Ares, the Husky, he will be missed.
All of our Kids are rescues; Remy was rescued from a breeder that was going to put him down because he was a boy.:eek: Ellie was abandoned in the woods and left to die. Ares was rescued in his 11th hour at a kill shelter. Mia was from a pack of 360 dogs in Alaska that was left to die when the economy went south. Taya was with a person that just didn't know how to care for her, (neglect) and I convinced the owner to give her up. Mika was bred way to early and had severe mal nutrition, then (45lbs) now healthy(120lbs) and was scared to death of the world. Vixen, was brought to us very sick mal nourished and injured, She took surgery, months of a antibiotics and a lot of attention to get her healthy.
Rescues give back so much to us, way more than we ever give them!:)
We've fostered over 65 Dogs and had as many as 12 at one time, it can get a bit crazy but it's very rewarding!

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
"timber wolf", right, laying on the couch.
What you don't believe and wolf can lay on a couch?:confused:
What are they only supposed to lay outside?
She rides in our Tahoe too, or is that wrong she should only run along side it?:rolleyes:
I've had several wolves and most of them lived in the house.
We call it the ultimate security system.;)

mattbatson

Sep 16, 2011
Deltona, FL, U.S.
Vixen is not happy with you! SHE would like to have a chat with you!:p
We have Remy the Poodle, Ellie, the Red Heeler, Mia the Husky / Malamute mix, Taya the Wolf / Husky mix, Mika the Malamute, and Vixen the Wolf.
Sadly we lost one of our 4 legged Kids last week to cancer. RIP Ares, the Husky, he will be missed.
All of our Kids are rescues; Remy was rescued from a breeder that was going to put him down because he was a boy.:eek: Ellie was abandoned in the woods and left to die. Ares was rescued in his 11th hour at a kill shelter. Mia was from a pack of 360 dogs in Alaska that was left to die when the economy went south. Taya was with a person that just didn't know how to care for her, (neglect) and I convinced the owner to give her up. Mika was bred way to early and had severe mal nutrition, then (45lbs) now healthy(120lbs) and was scared to death of the world. Vixen, was brought to us very sick mal nourished and injured, She took surgery, months of a antibiotics and a lot of attention to get her healthy.
Rescues give back so much to us, way more than we ever give them!:)
We've fostered over 65 Dogs and had as many as 12 at one time, it can get a bit crazy but it's very rewarding!
I agree about rescues being the best dogs

I have had lots of hunting dogs that are supposed to lead tough lives outside chained up...at least that is how most of the hunters treat them around here...but I do the same as you and tend to pamper them, ha ha.

they really are like kids.
my four yr old has grown up with buddy and max and just loves dogs.

I'll get a pic of max.

It is pretty cool that you have a heeler also

mattbatson

Sep 16, 2011
Deltona, FL, U.S.
What you don't believe and wolf can lay on a couch?:confused:
What are they only supposed to lay outside?
She rides in our Tahoe too, or is that wrong she should only run along side it?:rolleyes:
I've had several wolves and most of them lived in the house.
We call it the ultimate security system.;)
ha ha, I'm guessing he was joking around...

my dogs like nothing more than a car ride

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
I'm pretty sure he doesn't think I have a Timber Wolf.;)

I bet he would also find it unbelievable that she's also a fully trained service animal.:eek:

mattbatson

Sep 16, 2011
Deltona, FL, U.S.
well been working on some other stuff and traveling a little...but the great thing is that I haven't stopped thinking about the tractor...and couldn't wait to get back to it

I test fitted some stuff as I'm not 100% on how it all goes back together and will have to do some figuring...

the fuel tank sits on a metal shelf, which I painted...

sits about right there, and attaches with four bolts to clutch cover...

then the tank goes on top...

then the center console.

and I seem to be running a tap and die through every bolt/bolt hole on this thing..I hate forcing bolts/nuts when the threads are rusted/clogged

it is coming along, and cant wait to hit it again tomorrow night

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Looking great, I'm going to be right on your heals on the rebuild front.
I'm picking up my repaired transmission case in the morning, also got lucky and most of my parts are at the P.O. waiting to be picked up too.:D

mattbatson

Sep 16, 2011
Deltona, FL, U.S.
Looking great, I'm going to be right on your heals on the rebuild front.
I'm picking up my repaired transmission case in the morning, also got lucky and most of my parts are at the P.O. waiting to be picked up too.:D
oh wow, did yours crack?

I was told it was because there is no frame bracing on the tractor, so all the stresses were concentrating on the bolts that hold the clutch/trans cover to the engine...which is where it cracked

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Mine cracked due to an incompetent mechanic, he misaligned parts and forced it together.

Headed out to pick it up now from the welders.