New to Forum, Help with B7200 Hydraulic Pump

BGDD

Equipment
B7200 HST, 1640A Loader, King Kutter ditch mower and grading blade.
May 5, 2022
Alberta, Canada
Howdy,

I've scanned through quite a few threads on the hydraulic pumps in the B7200's and given my situation of the tractor making oil and blowing out the breather I believe it's the pump. So I drain crankcase oil to normal level and fill hydraulic within an couple hours of hard loader working, engine is over full again and hydraulic reservoir is off the dipstick so i believe it's pretty obvious what's happening. The questions I have are:

Pre Information:
Unit has 568 hrs showing on what I believe to be a functioning hour meter.

1) Would you tend agree? if so, fix or just replace? Your opinion please...If fix, has anyone ever taken this to a shop to have it done?
2) Where could I purchase an OEM, or OEM rebuilt Hyd. Pump and or rebuild kit, I don't know if I trust the aftermarket ones on Amazon.

3) Could someone direct me to a shop manual for the replacement/rebuild?

Thanks in advance for your input and advice
BGDD

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Do you wan to do it yourself?
There is really no rebuilding it needed, just replace the seal.
then before running it again make sure the system is set up properly to keep from blowing the seal again.

BGDD

Equipment
May 5, 2022
Alberta, Canada
Yes I can change out the seal, just need to find out where to get parts and maybe a section of a shop manual or something might be handy.....

Thanks Much

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901/LA525, B7200DT/B1630, G2160/RCK60, G2460/RCK60
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
Howdy,

I've scanned through quite a few threads on the hydraulic pumps in the B7200's and given my situation of the tractor making oil and blowing out the breather I believe it's the pump. So I drain crankcase oil to normal level and fill hydraulic within an couple hours of hard loader working, engine is over full again and hydraulic reservoir is off the dipstick so i believe it's pretty obvious what's happening. The questions I have are:

Pre Information:
Unit has 568 hrs showing on what I believe to be a functioning hour meter.

1) Would you tend agree? if so, fix or just replace? Your opinion please...If fix, has anyone ever taken this to a shop to have it done?
2) Where could I purchase an OEM, or OEM rebuilt Hyd. Pump and or rebuild kit, I don't know if I trust the aftermarket ones on Amazon.

3) Could someone direct me to a shop manual for the replacement/rebuild?

Thanks in advance for your input and advice
BGDD
The original hour meter on my B7200 is working and says 382 hours. In actuality its 3382. I would take that meter with a very large grain of salt.

Gear pumps are not rebuildable. You can replace a leaking seal but if the pump is worn its replacement time. R&R of the pump on a B7200 is pretty easy - the bigger issue is cost of an OEM pum which os outrageous. . Whitehouse Products (England) sells a replacement at a good price. In fact I have a brand new one on the shelf. I was going to put it on my tractor but that's not going to happen now and iI will sell it for what I paid for it: $85.

Dan

BGDD

Equipment
May 5, 2022
Alberta, Canada
Thanks Dan,
Ya I get what you're saying about the meter. Sorry, but you're saying you have a seal kit or pump for sale? If so, I'll take it and throw it on. I have quite a bit of messing around coming up this summer and arm strong steering is getting old.....nearly as old as me...lol

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Thanks Dan,
Ya I get what you're saying about the meter. Sorry, but you're saying you have a seal kit or pump for sale? If so, I'll take it and throw it on. I have quite a bit of messing around coming up this summer and arm strong steering is getting old.....nearly as old as me...lol
Just get the seal from a dealer.
And gasket

You'll just need a snap ring pliers to remove the snap ring then seal.
Simple as that.

I will caution you that if you have an aftermarket loader, a loader that was not plumbed properly, or a malfunctioning pressure relief valve, that could be causing a seal issue.
and even putting a new pump will give you the same issues.
Is the speed and power of the loader good normally?
seal.PNG

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
Thanks Dan,
I have a pump - brand new from Whitehouse. My understanding is it's a direct replacement but the spacing on the pressure port is ever so slightly different so you have to loosely bolt everything up then use the bolts to pull the lines into place. There's a long thread on the subject started by Torch if you search the archives.

I actually bought the pump by accident while trying to get a shipping estimate to the USA. I also wound up getting it for half price :rolleyes:

Edit: Whoops - scratch that. I just remembered I sold that last year to anther forum member. Sorry for the confusion.

Dan

Last edited:

BGDD

Equipment
May 5, 2022
Alberta, Canada
No problem Dan, do you know if Whitehouse is still peddling those pumps? Can't say I'm familiar with the distributor. Could you provide a link or such to this supplier and I'll see if there's any around.

BGDD

Equipment
May 5, 2022
Alberta, Canada
Just get the seal from a dealer.
And gasket

You'll just need a snap ring pliers to remove the snap ring then seal.
Simple as that.

I will caution you that if you have an aftermarket loader, a loader that was not plumbed properly, or a malfunctioning pressure relief valve, that could be causing a seal issue.
and even putting a new pump will give you the same issues.
Is the speed and power of the loader good normally? View attachment 79465
Yes the loader operates fine until it starts running short on oil as it's all in the crankcase....lol.

BGDD

Equipment
May 5, 2022
Alberta, Canada
I called and got the seal, gasket and rings from our local Kubota dealer here in Calgary. They also have the pump available for order but $683.....well worst case scenario, it's cheaper than a new tractor, not that I wouldn't like to use that as an excuse to have a shiny new orange toy in the yard.....

Cheers and thanks

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
I called and got the seal, gasket and rings from our local Kubota dealer here in Calgary. They also have the pump available for order but $683.....well worst case scenario, it's cheaper than a new tractor, not that I wouldn't like to use that as an excuse to have a shiny new orange toy in the yard.....

Cheers and thanks
I am sure Whitehouse has the pumps.

Dan

torch

Equipment
B7100HSD, B2789, B2550, B4672, 48" cultivator, homemade FEL and Cab
Jun 10, 2016
Muskoka, Ont.
No problem Dan, do you know if Whitehouse is still peddling those pumps? Can't say I'm familiar with the distributor. Could you provide a link or such to this supplier and I'll see if there's any around.
The B7200 has a slightly larger capacity pump than the B7100, and slightly less than the old style B8200. However, I believe the mounting flanges are the same based on comments by others. I did successfully install an older style B8200 pump on my B7100, although it was a tight squeeze.

The Whitehouse (https://www.whitehouseproductsltd.com/home) part number: 5P1/41041GPO description: GPO120R EQUIVALENT GEAR PUMP (The R stands for right hand rotation.)

They sell a left hand pump with a similar part number that is left hand rotation and will NOT work on the B7100. Don't Ask Me How I Know This™ . )It fits a new style B8200 with gear drive, not any of the direct drive models).

My B7100 installation photos are here:

B7100 Hydraulic pump swaps

BGDD

Equipment
May 5, 2022
Alberta, Canada
Good day
I have A couple questions regarding the seal replacement on my B 7200. I've done a fair bit of wrenching in my past but none on this tractor. So thanks for the help in advance.

1) Does the hard piping have to be removed from the pump body and if so and if so can it be slid out after taking out the upper and lower hard piping bolts shown shown in my picture mark up or is there more to do?
2) To replace the seals do I have to remove the two remove the 2 inner bolts connecting the pump to the block or the 4 outer bolts that hold the pump together?

Cheers
BGDD

Attachments

torch

Equipment
B7100HSD, B2789, B2550, B4672, 48" cultivator, homemade FEL and Cab
Jun 10, 2016
Muskoka, Ont.
To replace the shaft seal in the pump, you must remove the piping (they are large diameter banjo bolts), then unbolt the pump from the engine, then separate the pump body.

BGDD

Equipment
May 5, 2022
Alberta, Canada
To replace the shaft seal in the pump, you must remove the piping (they are large diameter banjo bolts), then unbolt the pump from the engine, then separate the pump body.
Ok thanks I was hoping I could slide out the pump after removing those banjo bolts connecting the large diameter lhard piping.

Cheers

BGDD

Equipment
May 5, 2022
Alberta, Canada
No chance the bottom banjo bolt is LH thread....it's super tight and of course no 25 mm or whatever the size is. Top came easy.

BGDD

Equipment
May 5, 2022
Alberta, Canada
No chance the bottom banjo bolt is LH thread....it's super tight and of course no 25 mm or whatever the size is. Top came easy.
All good finally got a real wrench on it.

BGDD

Equipment
May 5, 2022
Alberta, Canada
So I Removed the pump and piping, Installed the seal and new O ring kit that I got from the dealer. Re-installed the pump, fired it up and i have a leak on the top side of the outlet. I tired giving it an extra tweak but didn't want to strip anything in the pump housing. Any ideas about this metal to metal seal as there were no gaskets or orings that I saw during removal. Suction (inlet) seem to be fine and no leaks from the body to engine interface. So just not sure if I didn't tighten enough but it think it should have been enough. First pic is mating surface to pump body.
3rd is to banjo bolt. Any insight would be appreciated.

Cheers
20220819_162624.jpg
20220819_162631.jpg
20220819_162829.jpg
BGDD

Attachments

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
So I Removed the pump and piping, Installed the seal and new O ring kit that I got from the dealer. Re-installed the pump, fired it up and i have a leak on the top side of the outlet. I tired giving it an extra tweak but didn't want to strip anything in the pump housing. Any ideas about this metal to metal seal as there were no gaskets or orings that I saw during removal. Suction (inlet) seem to be fine and no leaks from the body to engine interface. So just not sure if I didn't tighten enough but it think it should have been enough. First pic is mating surface to pump body.
3rd is to banjo bolt. Any insight would be appreciated.

Cheers
View attachment 85645 View attachment 85646 View attachment 85647 BGDD

Dan
There should be two metal crush washers on either side of the banjo. I see one on the bolt - probably the old one. New ones should be used.

Dan