New tiller

G-Man

Equipment
B7500, ZD221
Jul 27, 2012
Excelsior, AR
Picked up today from Tractor Supply the CountryLine tiller model # TG-48. This IS the King Kutter just with a different label. The TSC website has wrong info on this tiller. It does have 6 tines per flange instead of 4 like the website saids. This is a great tiller and will enjoy using it.

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
I looked at a CL tiller the other day at TSC and it only had 4 tines per row. It looked like the old KK but without the bite.

hodge

Lifetime Member

Equipment
John Deere 790 John Deere 310 backhoe Bobcat 743
Nov 19, 2010
Love, VA
Picked up today from Tractor Supply the CountryLine tiller model # TG-48. This IS the King Kutter just with a different label. The TSC website has wrong info on this tiller. It does have 6 tines per flange instead of 4 like the website saids. This is a great tiller and will enjoy using it.
That's what I have- it is a beast of a tiller.
Welcome to OTT!

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
I found a address for 2 different locations and neither was in Ala. so I don't think they are made by King Kutter. Looks like so well built stuff though just from the pics I saw.

Alloy Snake

Equipment
L4240,Lowry 6 foot mower,6 foot tiller
May 16, 2011
Jacksonville,FL
I have had the 72 inch from TSC for about a year and it has been awsome,Just used it today for the winter garden,Food plots last year were a breeze,All 15 of them-No complaints what so ever.

meanjean

Equipment
Kubota MX4700
Aug 10, 2010
Hazelridge, Manitoba
There are 2 different options for King Kutter tillers...the light duty and the HEAVY duty.
I own the heavy duty in 4 foot and it will chew thru anything.
The Country Line is very similar.

Jim-Iowa

Oct 14, 2011
Newton,Iowa
I looked at a CL tiller the other day at TSC and it only had 4 tines per row. It looked like the old KK but without the bite.
I was reading about another brand of tiller on another site(Iowa Equipment) and they had a model with the 4 tines that claimed to be aimed at the lower horsepower tractors. Claiming that the 4 tines took less horsepower to operate?

I'm looking at a B6200 this week and am wondering if it would handle a 48" tiller? I think it's rated at 12.5 hp at the pto. And am thinking 48" would be the limit? I like the price and convienience of Tractor Supply since it's about 25 miles away instead of 80.

Also Bulldog you may be right, somewhere I read that King Kutter was no longer making the TSC tillers, If I recall correctly(questionable) Belen(?) MFG was.

Last edited:

G-Man

Equipment
B7500, ZD221
Jul 27, 2012
Excelsior, AR
This one I purchased just the other day is in fact a King Kutter. Verified with King Kutter and they said yes it is our but with a different label.

hodge

Lifetime Member

Equipment
John Deere 790 John Deere 310 backhoe Bobcat 743
Nov 19, 2010
Love, VA
I was reading about another brand of tiller on another site(Iowa Equipment) and they had a model with the 4 tines that claimed to be aimed at the lower horsepower tractors. Claiming that the 4 tines took less horsepower to operate?

I'm looking at a B6200 this week and am wondering if it would handle a 48" tiller? I think it's rated at 12.5 hp at the pto. And am thinking 48" would be the limit? I like the price and convienience of Tractor Supply since it's about 25 miles away instead of 80.

Also Bulldog you may be right, somewhere I read that King Kutter was no longer making the TSC tillers, If I recall correctly(questionable) Belen(?) MFG was.
I run a 48" KK with my B7100, which some said wouldn't be able to power it. It does fine, but I have maxed the engine before, tilling a garden that had been plowed but not disc'd. You're B6200 is in the same ballpark as the 7100, within 1 hp. So, I would say that it will run it, but certainly not a bigger one. Also, you will need weight in the front. I have 3 suitcase weights and loaded front tires, and it still gets light with the tiller on. The KK is heavy.

Jim-Iowa

Oct 14, 2011
Newton,Iowa
G-Man, never doubted for aq minute yours was made by king kutter.
Hodge thanks for the assurance. I've found two B 6200's in the area for sale.
One has 675 hrs(this one is privately owned and have not yet got an appointment to see it) and the other 882 hrs(this one is a dealer but was at another location, salesman is to call me when he gets it back to Des Moines) so very likely when i get to look at them one is coming home with me. Then the search will be on for implements.
the 7,000 sq ft garden seems to grow another 1,000 sq ft per year?

Last edited:

G-Man

Equipment
B7500, ZD221
Jul 27, 2012
Excelsior, AR
I run a 48" KK with my B7100, which some said wouldn't be able to power it. It does fine, but I have maxed the engine before, tilling a garden that had been plowed but not disc'd. You're B6200 is in the same ballpark as the 7100, within 1 hp. So, I would say that it will run it, but certainly not a bigger one. Also, you will need weight in the front. I have 3 suitcase weights and loaded front tires, and it still gets light with the tiller on. The KK is heavy.
Yes this booger is about 600 lbs.