Csxman66

Equipment
Kubota BX25D,bushhog, box blade,rototiller.
May 3, 2014
Lake lure,nc
Hello all, new member. Just bought a new bx25d two days ago and worked it for the first time today.. Love it. Anybody with same model feel free to chime in on it. Thanks

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
Hello all, new member. Just bought a new bx25d two days ago and worked it for the first time today.. Love it. Anybody with same model feel free to chime in on it. Thanks
Welcome to ORANGE Country,

I am a little ahead of you with time of ownership, I find that it will do things that I never thought it could do.

If you are going to be digging dirt on the frontend, get a toothbar, you will find having one will save you time and energy, if you have some slopes that are touchy, get some spacers for the rear end too. They make a huge difference too.

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Indeed welcome,,, your gona have a lot of fun,,,errrr work to do with that little beastie and yeah we love pictrues:D

bitwave

Equipment
2011 Kubota BX25 TLB, BXPANDED Barracuda thumb, Under Armor
Welcome...

I own an older 2011 BX25. I suggest looking into skid plates to protect the precious $8 hst fan underneath if you already have not done so. I discovered I no longer have one after doing some brush clean-up. I must have caught a branch up underneath the tractor that wiped out the plastic blades:mad: Other then that 1 major design flaw the tractor is truly amazing :D

Last edited:

Csxman66

Equipment
May 3, 2014
Lake lure,nc
Re: New member,digruntled and pissed

hold everything! yesterday I was loading some stone and my front loader quit working. after double checking all fittings and connections,i called my local dealer. he came down and narrowed it down to the rear valve body under the backhoe. it was leaking fluid down in the left rear cup and that was keeping the hydraulics working constant. after calling the local dealer again, and getting nowhere, I called the southeast rep and im still waiting on a return call. since ive spoken with the overseas customer service reps(Indians, pakistanies..not sure if I spelled that right..they give me the same B.S. WE WILL CALL U BACK.im the kind of man that if he spends good money on something he should at least get the time of day if theres a problem. this may not be the area to voice my frustrations but at this point I don't care. oh.. just for the record, the bx25d only has 11 hrs.....wow

Last edited:

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
Re: New member,digruntled and pissed

hold everything! yesterday I was loading some stone and my front loader quit working. after double checking all fittings and connections,i called my local dealer. he came down and narrowed it down to the rear valve body under the backhoe. it was leaking fluid down in the left rear cup and that was keeping the hydraulics working constant. after calling the local dealer again, and getting nowhere, I called the southeast rep and im still waiting on a return call. since ive spoken with the overseas customer service reps(Indians, pakistanies..not sure if I spelled that right..they give me the same B.S. WE WILL CALL U BACK.im the kind of man that if he spends good money on something he should at least get the time of day if theres a problem. this may not be the area to voice my frustrations but at this point I don't care. oh.. just for the record, the bx25d only has 11 hrs.....wow

I am assuming you bought this new? If so - you should have 2 full years of warranty on it! Tell that dealer to come and get it ! Should not be a problem. Despite being frustrated, and I understand that and I would be too, drive to the dealer if need be, face to face is always better, and say, this is a brand new machine, come get it - fix it and bring it back! I bet he will honor it, cant not imagine the dealer not backing a 11 hour old machine!

Csxman66

Equipment
May 3, 2014
Lake lure,nc
well go ahead and imagine it...dealer told me they would not pick-up or deliver.as I said,corp office wont pay for that.i dropped it off this morn and after a few choice words for them,they said they were waiting for area service rep to get in touch with them..in there words "MAYBE TUE OR WED". its a blame game now,nobody wants to step up and say" WE MADE A CRAPPY PRODUCT AND WE WILL MAKE IT RIGHT".hell the mechanic even said.. I bet if u had it to do all over again u wouldn't have bought it, use your imagination and see if u can guess what my reply was..............

Csxman66

Equipment
May 3, 2014
Lake lure,nc
knocking on doors!

well as they say, good things come to those who wait. ive been sent to cordell,ga to work this coming week and looks like im going to be going within 2.6 miles of the southeast regional office for Kubota. well guess where im stopping on my way home Thursday...told my wife to be waiting for the phone to ring around 4-5pm, it will be the one phone call I get to make!

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Hmmm ya know Im not one to put a dealers name out because somebody is jerking you around. But maybe you should post the dealer where they are from and who you were dealing with. Harley dealers are a lot like this ,but it is amazing how things change when the azzhole dealers names get put out there, believe me your dealer is watching this and a few other tractor sites. You would not believe some of the fixes I have seen at some of the local shops that have come off tractor sites. It is new you have 2 years and if they attempt to tell you that you did something, that is a factory defect, and try to void your warranty, get a lawyer. Just MHO, I have a great dealer here small family owned place, and I checked around before I bought mine they were a few bucks more but they made me feel at home,,
The best of luck to you, and try to avoid having to make that ONE phone call:D

Csxman66

Equipment
May 3, 2014
Lake lure,nc
I will keep that in mind,never been afraid to speak whats on my mind...even if it gets me in a jam from time to time. dealer is moore farm tractors,hendersonville,nc

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Something just doesn't sound right about this? :confused:
You have a warranty for this exact reason, Even the best companies in the world has parts failures, it mechanical, things break!
Also does it say in your purchase contract that you have to ship it for warranty repairs?
Was the part damaged from hitting something, is the damage external damage or internal?
I don't know why any dealer would take the stance that you say they have with you if it's a part failure, they get paid fairly well for warranty repairs from Kubota, give the rep a reasonable amount of time to contact you, they don't work weekends.
In the future, one thing to consider is buying the Kubota insurance on it, they don't care how the damage happened they just get it fixed.

Csxman66

Equipment
May 3, 2014
Lake lure,nc
Damage is internal, as I stated in an earlier post.. The front loader just quit working.its really not so much the dealer as it is the folks in California. No customer service or satisfaction at all. Like I said, I'm leaving early Thursday and I'll be seeing the folks at the southeastern reg office, I think I can shake some things up there, I won't leave until I do, if I have to stay over Til fri.im fully aware of the warranty I have,and the dealer is trying to work to correct.the problem, but anything above them is a joke. 12 hrs and a broke machine is more than I can stand.

Csxman66

Equipment
May 3, 2014
Lake lure,nc
We'll, a few calls to the southeastern reg office, and a hell raising session or two, got the ball rolling. The rep told me the rear valve bank was back ordered 14 week,YES 14 weeks, but he instructed the dealer to rob a new tractor of said valve and replace it. If I hadn't raised holy crap with the reg office, I doubt my tractor would have been fixed as soon as it is going to be.. Wed or thur. Let this be a lesson that.. MOST dealers wouldn't have moved on this as quick they did without a(little) pressure. I'm changing dealers if the need for future service arises.

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
I would too I mean after all your money is,,,,dare I say it,,,,, green anyplace ok Im sorry about the green thing:D

Csxman66

Equipment
May 3, 2014
Lake lure,nc
Bx25 finally back home. After 30 min operation,the tractor starts cutting out under slight load. Then after about 10 min, it dies altogether.man has this been a crapper. Just about the time I was getting over the tractor ordeal, I started thinking about the ZG125s zero turn mower. I had intentions of going in next fri and put down CASH for a new one.NOT NOW... After several bad reviews and the little episode with the bx, I'd die before Id buy orange again!