New member introduction

martidj

Equipment
Kubota B2620HSD
Dec 5, 2016
Decatur, Illinois
Hello,
I just bought a 2011 Kubota B2620HST, it only has 160 hours on the hour meter, this is the main reason I bought this tractor. It appears this tractor has spent most of its life parked outside. I plan on touching up the paint where it has started to rust. I will add a backhoe next year. I didn't buy this tractor from a Kubota dealership, so I bought it "as is". The tractor runs and operates as it should. The only thing I found out of order was the Range Gear Shift Lever. N neutral position is the middle range and M middle range position is neutral.

Attachments

Grouse09

Equipment
B2650 Cab, snowblower, FEL, brush hog
Aug 24, 2016
Traverse City, MI
Nice Marti! Still looks in great shape. Maybe you will get some time to play over the Christmas Season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, B2650, Gator, Ingersoll mower
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
Welcome to the forum! If you haven't gotten them yet, track down the operator's manual and a shop manual (dealer, Messick's, Kubota website). (For the newer tractors free or cheap copies are hard to find). If the previous owner has any kind of service records that will help you out. If not assume the worst and start in on changing fluids and filters before that next polar vortex comes our way, and make sure it has winter diesel in it, or add a cetane boosting type of fuel conditioner. It sure looks like it will have a better home at your house! Enjoy!

armylifer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX1860, FEL, RCK54P MMM, BB1548 Box Scraper, Quick Hitch, Piranha Bar, BX6315
Mar 26, 2013
Thurston County, WA

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Marti - looks like a great find.

Sheepfarmer gave good advice. She always does. Go get the Owner's Manual armylifer gave you the link for, and also get the WSM.

I can't speak for everyone, but consensus seems to be Kubota-brand filters and hydraulic fluid (SUDT2 for yours). Pick a good diesel certified engine oil of your liking (I use synthetic Shell Rotella T6 5-40).

I also noted you have it parked in the garage with the bucket lifted a foot or so? Best to put it on the ground/floor, and rotate the controls in all directions to relax pressures on all cylinders. Better for seals, etc., and less chance of accidental damage if something cuts loose and it drops.

Great tractor, and best wishes for both of you!

In addition to the tractor, I see the Stihl saw on the shelf, so you REALLY must have good taste.

Now, let's talk about the car in the foreground.......:D

Last edited:

martidj

Equipment
Kubota B2620HSD
Dec 5, 2016
Decatur, Illinois
Thanks for the comments on my post.
sheepfarmer: This Kubota's new home is a heated garage.
RCW: My 1983 Porsche 911SC coupe has a new stable mate.

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
I had a feeling we were looking at a Porsche of that vintage, but photos can be deceiving, and I'm not an expert. Nice car!
For American classics, try a google search for Northeast Classic Car Museum. Been a board member long time. Great place.

retyred57

Equipment
L3901 HST, Ag tires, LA525 FEL, Landpride 66" boxblade, BE 60" rotary cutter
Aug 3, 2015
Ontario, Canada
Hello,

I just bought a 2011 Kubota B2620HST, it only has 160 hours on the hour meter, this is the main reason I bought this tractor. It appears this tractor has spent most of its life parked outside. I plan on touching up the paint where it has started to rust. I will add a backhoe next year. I didn't buy this tractor from a Kubota dealership, so I bought it "as is". The tractor runs and operates as it should. The only thing I found out of order was the Range Gear Shift Lever. N neutral position is the middle range and M middle range position is neutral.

Welcome martidj
We have similar interests in "toys".
Mine are both stored for the winter. Enjoy your new purchase

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
Retyred57, nice "stuff". Is that structure behind your chimney to keep snow from build up there? If so, is a standard practice in your climate?

retyred57

Equipment
L3901 HST, Ag tires, LA525 FEL, Landpride 66" boxblade, BE 60" rotary cutter
Aug 3, 2015
Ontario, Canada
Retyred57, nice "stuff". Is that structure behind your chimney to keep snow from build up there? If so, is a standard practice in your climate?
Yes, when the snow slides off a steel roof it can take the chimney with it, ask me how I know!

BAP

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2012 Kubota 2920, 60MMM, FEL, BH65 48" Bush Hog, 60"Backblade, B2782B Snowblower
Dec 31, 2012
New Hampshire
Yes, when the snow slides off a steel roof it can take the chimney with it, ask me how I know!
I know exactly how you know and also know how p***ed you were when it happened. I've seen it happen before and it ain't pretty or fun , especially when you can no longer use your wood stove for heat.

Tughill Tom

Equipment
B3200
Dec 23, 2013
Turin, NY
Their known as a Chimney Cricket, can also have tie back into the roof to prevent a knock down of the stack. Up here we see up 200" a year of snow
:)