new l3200 ordered

tempforce

Equipment
B2650HSDC
Jun 23, 2012
bastrop, tx
no more stalking…. i made the move and ordered the tractor…
a L3200 with loader and backhoe. box blade and tiller. added the fiberglass top over the driver so i don't get my bean baked…
it would be ready to deliver by next friday, but told them to wait until after Christmas..
:)

MtnViewRanch

Oct 10, 2012
Lakeside Ca.
no more stalking…. i made the move and ordered the tractor…
a L3200 with loader and backhoe. box blade and tiller. added the fiberglass top over the driver so i don't get my bean baked…
it would be ready to deliver by next friday, but told them to wait until after Christmas..
:)
My first thought when I read this was "ARE YOU NUTS?" :D You have waaaaaaaaaaaay more patience than I do, that is for sure. Sure will be a GREAT way to start off the new year though. ;)

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
Yeah I agree with Mtnviewranch. I don't think I could be so calm and wait another 3 or 4 weeks for my new toy to show up. If I couldn't put it on my trailer and haul it home with my truck that day, I'd go bizzurk!

wills670

Equipment
b2620
Jun 3, 2012
Virginia
You might want to keep your eye on the date and make sure if you have a good finance rate that it will not expire before the tractor is delivered.

Good luck with the new tractor.

tempforce

Equipment
B2650HSDC
Jun 23, 2012
bastrop, tx
dealer wanted to deliver it friday, but i'll have company until the following wednesday. i want to look it over, check fluids, give it a wax/polish to help slow down the paint fade, read the manual. all before getting it dirty…
i know that i'll be tempted to show it off without doing all the prep. if i take delivery this week..
dealer told me, i need to take delivery before the first of the year to hold the interest rate…so i'm good there...
i need to mount a winch on it (just in case) as i already had to have my truck pulled out of soft sand once already..
i have a bunch of trees/logs to cut, move and stack. brush to clean and a new driveway to cut and level…. put in new water, electric and a septic line. then prepare the soil for planting new trees and a garden. then make a flat area to put a bandsaw, so i can make some lumber for a new workshop/barn.. that should keep me busy until next year….

Last edited:

gpreuss

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200DT w/FEL, K650 Backhoe, 5' Rotary, 40" Howard Rotavator, 6' Rhino blade
Oct 9, 2011
Spokane, WA
I could not have waited...
You are going to LOVE that tractor!
Maybe your thinking is sound - you won't want to be off the tractor just to entertain.

tempforce

Equipment
B2650HSDC
Jun 23, 2012
bastrop, tx
problem is my uncle, my cousin and her husband would be on it more than i will if i had it right now.. this way i get first crack without needing to share… plus the need to read and learn the tractor..

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
First rule of the Kubota Club you NEVER loan out YOUR tractor!
Second rule of the Kubota Club you NEVER loan out YOUR tractor!

It is how ever perfectly acceptable to loan out somebody else's tractor you don't own!
Ideally a green one...

rparkinson

Aug 23, 2012
Northport Maine
^^ He is right! I took delivery of a new Kubota last week, and a neighbor was there when it was dropped off.... He said "good, now if i need a tractor I know where I can borrow one" yeah... we will see about that....

bearbait

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, 64" snowblower, 72" back blade
Dec 9, 2011
New Glasgow Canada
^^ He is right! I took delivery of a new Kubota last week, and a neighbor was there when it was dropped off.... He said "good, now if i need a tractor I know where I can borrow one" yeah... we will see about that....
When he starts making the payments the maybe think about it.

rparkinson

Aug 23, 2012
Northport Maine
Yeah no kidding... tells you alot about a person just to say that in a serious way I guess. I will just tell him to ask the bank, they own it anyway... ha.. people.

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va

And this is where I say YEP you sure can borrow the tractor, but the operator comes with it and at 65 dollars an hour too....

hodge

Lifetime Member

Equipment
John Deere 790 John Deere 310 backhoe Bobcat 743
Nov 19, 2010
Love, VA
dealer wanted to deliver it friday, but i'll have company until the following wednesday. i want to look it over, check fluids, give it a wax/polish to help slow down the paint fade, read the manual. all before getting it dirty…
i know that i'll be tempted to show it off without doing all the prep. if i take delivery this week..
dealer told me, i need to take delivery before the first of the year to hold the interest rate…so i'm good there...
i need to mount a winch on it (just in case) as i already had to have my truck pulled out of soft sand once already..
i have a bunch of trees/logs to cut, move and stack. brush to clean and a new driveway to cut and level…. put in new water, electric and a septic line. then prepare the soil for planting new trees and a garden. then make a flat area to put a bandsaw, so i can make some lumber for a new workshop/barn.. that should keep me busy until next year….
It's your tractor and your money, so please don't think that I am being disrespectful. If it were mine, I wouldn't spend the money on a winch. The only time you see a winch on a tractor is on the 3 point, to drag out timber. Tractors are different than trucks. While they are more capable off road by nature, they are also much heavier and bulkier. If you get the tractor so mired in that 4wd, the backhoe, and/or the loader won't coax you out, no way will a winch do it. I would take that money and invest in loading the tires, or an implement or two.

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
Mount the winch on a truck so when the tractor is buried you have something to recover it with. There will almost never be anything near the tractor to anchor to and pull against such as a tree. If you do feel the need to get a winch you can get a 10,000lbs winch fairly inexpensive and mount it to a hitch plate to you can stick it in a trailer receiver.

With a 10k winch you can buy a snatch block and double you're line strength and make it a 20k winch and get things done that way.

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
Tempforce, first congrats on the new orange. As far as the wait goes it could be worse. My last M9000 I ordered I had to wait on it for 6 months. That was a real test of my patience.

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
Tempforce, first congrats on the new orange. As far as the wait goes it could be worse. My last M9000 I ordered I had to wait on it for 6 months. That was a real test of my patience.
If I had any hair on my head I think I'd be pulling it out waiting for 6 months...:eek: