New here BX 2380 question

Realtor

Equipment
BX2380
Mar 19, 2024
Pensacola Fl
Just got a new BX 2380 with the R14 tires, question is:
I want to put on 2 inch wheel spacers in the back, the 54 inch mower deck is on order, will I have any problem with the fit (and operation) of the 54 inch drive over mower deck after the install of the 2 inch wheel spacers on my rear wheels? I have a few steep area on the property, and I'm concerned about tipping the tractor over.

I was in the pasture today, and I felt it was close to tipping, and I didn't really care for that feeling...

any advise is awesome
thanks

Jim

Soopitup

Equipment
BX23S
Oct 25, 2018
New England
For a BX, personally I would rather have liquid ballast than wheel spacers.
I believe the manual recommends you don't use wheel spacers on the BX but I can't say for sure off the top of my head.
And I think it takes quite an angle to actually tip these (the BX is lower to the ground than other tractors), especially if you're just mowing.
The bigger danger is quick change of direction on a slope or carrying heavy weight up high.

Reactions: 1 users

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Do spacers and loaded tires!
You shouldn't have any issues with the deck.

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
Just got a new BX 2380 with the R14 tires, question is:
I want to put on 2 inch wheel spacers in the back, the 54 inch mower deck is on order, will I have any problem with the fit (and operation) of the 54 inch drive over mower deck after the install of the 2 inch wheel spacers on my rear wheels? I have a few steep area on the property, and I'm concerned about tipping the tractor over.

I was in the pasture today, and I felt it was close to tipping, and I didn't really care for that feeling...

any advise is awesome
thanks

Jim
if memory serves me - 54" decks can ONLY have 1.5" spacers = whereas 60" can get 2" spacers.

The problem comes in when the deck is raised and the rear wheels rub on the decks wheels.

I too would fill each tire ( you'll get about 100# per depending on ballast type) and the spacers will help with stability big time.

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
rule #1 Do NOT cut grass or drive sideways on 'steep slopes' !!!
rule #2 if you insist on breaking rule #1, pay up your life insurance FIRST
rule #3 break both #1 and #2 and your widow will not be happy

Reactions: 1 user

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
rule #1 Do NOT cut grass or drive sideways on 'steep slopes' !!!
rule #2 if you insist on breaking rule #1, pay up your life insurance FIRST
rule #3 break both #1 and #2 and your widow will not be happy
Now wait one second ........... IF #2 is completed well - will the widow really be unhappy? :ROFLMAO:

Yes, of course I jest - rule #1 is very important!

• Haha

Realtor

Equipment
BX2380
Mar 19, 2024
Pensacola Fl
Thanks, I ordered a set of 2 inchers, I'll return them and wait until the deck arrives. If I have to use 1 1/2 spacers I'll order then. Appreciate the assistance. I did get a set of hooks for the bucket, I'll paint them today and drill my first holes....

Will tighten the new fence today...

I'll think about the tires, Just the back, or all 4? does it corrode the wheel over time? he he, Jim

Attachments

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
When you say all 4? YOU mean load them? NO - just the rears.

And since you are in Florida freezing is not going to be a problem.

Two choices - beet juice (Rim Guard) is the best but $$$$$$$$$$

the other is windshield washer fluid - about $2.50 a gallon and you'll need something like 20

Neither of these will harm the rims!

Reactions: 3 users

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
OK yes 2 inch spacers are good to go, even with a 60 inch deck, the 54 no worries, fill the rear tires. And since you are in Fla I dont think you need worry about hills, how ever in the unlikely event you encounter banks or hills, cut up and down and for krists sake DO NOT try to cut over a bank along a pond or creek or cannel , lest you wind up playing submarine and the big K dont run under water. So what ever you do, please think things through, and then again. Dont approach things with reckless abandonment , remember the life you save maybe your own, or mine.
Stay safe, oh yeah I for got that is a useless statement according to some people

lennybig

Equipment
BX2380
Apr 6, 2023
Grass Valley, CA
I also have the same BX2380 as you and have been running on a slope that makes me a little nervous. I did some research along with watching what I thought was a great YouTube video on the same subject (and what looks like the same or similar tractor) and installed 1.5" spacers (only on the rear as 85Hokie mentioned).

I don't use a deck mower, but was more concerned about excessive load on the rear axle with the spacers. Super happy with the results. The video does address possible deck mower issues, and might be worth checking out.

Afraid of Flipping Your Subcompact Tractor? - Watch This! - Do Wheel Spacers Help?

Realtor

Equipment
BX2380
Mar 19, 2024
Pensacola Fl
I also have the same BX2380 as you and have been running on a slope that makes me a little nervous. I did some research along with watching what I thought was a great YouTube video on the same subject (and what looks like the same or similar tractor) and installed 1.5" spacers (only on the rear as 85Hokie mentioned).

I don't use a deck mower, but was more concerned about excessive load on the rear axle with the spacers. Super happy with the results. The video does address possible deck mower issues, and might be worth checking out.

Afraid of Flipping Your Subcompact Tractor? - Watch This! - Do Wheel Spacers Help?
Thanks, I've returned the 2 inch spacers (amazon) I've decided to wait until my 54 inch drive over mower deck arrives and see what I have after the install. Sheets above says they'll work, which I have to see with the tires that came on the tractor (R-14). I figure they will, however I may go with the 1 1/2 inchers as well.
I've watched the attached video as well, I think he has the 60 inch deck. It's all about the mower part of this tractor for me really, I'll use the loader to clean up after the horses, but mowing is the major requirement for the tool...

Thanks again.
Jim

DustyRusty

Equipment
2020 BX23S, BX2822 Snowblower, Curtis Deluxe Cab,
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
If you have the drive-over deck, the only thing that the spaces might cause you an issue is if the tires are too far out to properly ride on the part of the mower deck that is designed for the tires.
I was thinking about buying a deck for my BX23S, but after seeing the 3-point finish mowers, I think that might be the better way for me.

Realtor

Equipment
BX2380
Mar 19, 2024
Pensacola Fl
If you have the drive-over deck, the only thing that the spaces might cause you an issue is if the tires are too far out to properly ride on the part of the mower deck that is designed for the tires.
I was thinking about buying a deck for my BX23S, but after seeing the 3-point finish mowers, I think that might be the better way for me.
The spacers are on the rear tires, the front to drive over and back (reverse) iff the mower deck aren't effected. I looked at the 3 point mowers,but with my trees and landscape, they aren't practical for me.

xrocketengineer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX1880, FEL, Grapple, 36 in. Forks, 48in. MMM, Quick Spade, Ripper
Nov 14, 2020
Merritt Island, Florida
The weight of the deck being so low, makes the tractor more stable. Make sure to mow with the FEL removed.