New guy w/ L 3560 HSTC

Foggy1111

Equipment
L 3560 HSTC
Jul 17, 2018
USA
Just traded my JD 3320 for a Kubota L 3560 HSTC with a CAB. Getting it next week!

Been wanting a cab for some time due to the deer flies, dirt, chaff, hot, cold and other elements in general. Alergies are catching up to me with age I guess. Finally pulled the trigger.

I've owned lots of smaller stuff in the past......from lawn tractors to a JD 425 w/loader to a JD 790, then a JD3320 ....and now the L 3360. First cab.

I grew up around the Ford tractor biz (my dad was a dealer) in the 50's and 60's and was pretty familiar with those old N tractors thru the "thousand" series Fords. Still am addicted to implements and operating stuff. Was on TBN for many years under the same handle.

I've built a fair number of odd attachments and own about 15 pieces....most of which will fit with my new tractor....tho I may need a different cutter as time goes by.

I will enjoy participating with the forum here. Thanks for the good reads I had here prior to joining!

mickeyd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2014 L3200 DT w/LA524 FEL, 2019 Kubota Z121S w/ 48" Pro Dec, TG1860G w/RCK54TG
Mar 21, 2014
Guin, AL
Welcome to Orange Foggy. We are glad that you joined.

Congrats, you sure got a sweet tractor. :)

I am jealous, since I have been wanting a cab tractor for the same reasons that you listed.

We all love pictures of iron and anything else.

jajiu

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560 HSTC, Grader, Backhoe, Snow Plow, Pallet Forks
Jun 5, 2016
Rowley, Massachusetts
Hi Foggy, welcome! I've had my L3560HSTC for 4 years and love everything I can do with it and the cab is the best! Warm in the winter, cool in the summer, and no bugs!!!!! Enjoy your tractor!

ItBmine

Equipment
B2620, RTV-X1100C
Jan 21, 2014
Canada
Hey Foggy. Saw you on that other forum, but glad to welcome you here now that you have gone orange.

That is an awesome tractor you chose. Hope it gives you many years of trouble free service. Looking forward to pics.

Foggy1111

Equipment
L 3560 HSTC
Jul 17, 2018
USA
Hey Foggy. Saw you on that other forum, but glad to welcome you here now that you have gone orange.

That is an awesome tractor you chose. Hope it gives you many years of trouble free service. Looking forward to pics.

Thanks. I have beet juice being added to the rears.....a 805 loader and bucket, 3rd function for my current grapple, two remotes and valves for the back, radio, conversion plate for my grapple from JD pins to SSA, and a few more things being accomplished by the dealer. I just ordered a hydraulic top link and look forward to using it.

Cant wait to experience clean air, good temps, and relief from biting insects. I pick up a few HP and considerable more weight and tire sizes. I get much improved hydraulics and pulling capacity IMO. Gotta operate a while to gain a feel for implement changes to some sixer sizes. My mowing is way over-due now.....but I am going to wait for the new tracer next week so I can "flip-off" those deer flies as I mow in the comfort of an AC cab. Grin

I'm wondering which flail mower would be a good fit here? I'm thinking I will keep my current 5' Bush Hog for medium duty trail and brush cutting.....and then use a flail mower for trail maintenance. Anyone with experience on a six foot flail mower?

Last edited:

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Once you run a flail you'll sell your brush hog! ;)

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
Foggy, I've got 3 flails. I have a 6 footer I bought first just because I wanted one. It looked like it had been dumped out of an airplane without a parachute. I put a couple of bearing in it and have used it quite a bit.

I have a manure pile that's been there 15 years, and it grows some nice weeds. When I first used that flail I left it about 1ft. off the ground and went around the pile a couple of times to see what it would do.

For a flail mower to cut nice the roller needs to be closer/on the ground. If the roller is on the ground they will mow as good as any finish mower, including your 21" push mower! Also, there are about 4 different cutting knives available. So if you're going to mow weeds like in the picture you need one knife, and a finished lawn another.

Attachments