New BX23S tried to self destruct itself....

95Mustang

Sep 18, 2018
Franklin new Hampshire usa
As the title says , my new bx tried to destroy itself yesterday.

I backed up to a stump to use the backhoe.
Turned the throttle up and it made a hell of a racket
Shut it off , opened hood anti freeze everywhere.

What happened was the coupling on the drives haft , 2 out of 3 bolts had fallen out and the third one finally sheer ed when the coupling am off center.
Well at 3000 rpm it hit the bottom of the radiator .

Service is ordering parts and will be up and running by weekend.
Warranty is covering
Service guy said he's never seen that happen b4. Machine has all of 12 hours on it.

mickeyd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2014 L3200 DT w/LA524 FEL, 2019 Kubota Z121S w/ 48" Pro Dec, TG1860G w/RCK54TG
Mar 21, 2014
Guin, AL
How many hours? Still under warranty? Is it financed with KTAC?

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
As the title says , my new bx tried to destroy itself yesterday.

I backed up to a stump to use the backhoe.
Turned the throttle up and it made a hell of a racket
Shut it off , opened hood anti freeze everywhere.

What happened was the coupling on the drives haft , 2 out of 3 bolts had fallen out and the third one finally sheer ed when the coupling am off center.
Well at 3000 rpm it hit the bottom of the radiator .

Service is ordering parts and will be up and running by weekend.
Warranty is covering
Service guy said he's never seen that happen b4. Machine has all of 12 hours on it.

Musta been that assembly guy went to "break" before he tightened those bolts! And came back and forgot where he left off!

I 'm with Skeets ....that does suck!!! I know they will fix you up right - I would make sure anything and everything related to the damage is "covered" and I dont mean the warranty - who knows what else got smacked around when those bolts let go.;)

BAP

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2012 Kubota 2920, 60MMM, FEL, BH65 48" Bush Hog, 60"Backblade, B2782B Snowblower
Dec 31, 2012
New Hampshire

Holleyman

Equipment
Kubota B6001, Caterpillar 252B, AM General M813A1, Ford 8N, Komatsu PC30
Sep 25, 2013
80 acres in Athabasca AB
The infant failure in the bathtub failure curve.

We call this finger failure in the maintenance business. The highest failure probability is after someone has touched it.

95Mustang

Sep 18, 2018
Franklin new Hampshire usa
*UPDATE*
WELL IT TOOK THE DEALER (MB Tractor) 2 weeks to get the tractor done.
Most of that time was waiting on ups and fed ex , and let's not forget dear old kubota to actually send the parts
So 1st off KUDO'S to MB Tractor for doing their best to turn it around as fast as possible.
The tractor is like new again , all new pcs that the driveshaft took out
Pretty much everything around the radiator.
So here's to hoping that the teething pains are over. Cuz I really like this little tractor .

Again hat,s off to MB Tractor here in NH

RLinNH

Equipment
B2650,LA534,BH77
Mar 10, 2018
NH
That is a poop story I tell ya. I feel that human error was the culprit. Nice to hear that the same dealer I bought my tractor from took good care of another customer. Crossing fingers that is the only issue you'll ever have with your new Kubota. :)

lugbolt

Equipment
ZG127S-54
Oct 15, 2015
Mid, South, USA
As long as the parts were available in the USA warehouses, you could have had them next business day--BUT warranty don't cover expedited shipping.

Common complaint, and nothing the dealer can do about it other than eat the freight charges-which can be pretty high depending on a lot of things.

Had a guy next day/saturday order a PTO shaft a while back. The whole shaft, shaft, u-joints, clutch, covers, everything complete. Over $1000 in shipping charges alone. It was about 5' long, weighed 104 lbs ship weight.

Shipping costs are sky high anymore unless one can wait a little.