New BX2380 bucket meets ground unevenly....

dieselbob69

Equipment
Kubota BX2380 (previously a BX1870 and GR2100)...
Jan 2, 2022
WNY
video basically covered everything I've done. I've tried different different tires, I even swapped out the rear R4's that came on it at delivery for a different set. I've come to conclusion that no 2 tires are exactly the same, as ones I have now(R14T & turf) they are not equal circumference. I even tried the taller one on right side and it made no difference. The tractor was there in Feb 2022 for the issue also, but I wasn't home when they dropped it back off along with the box blade/snow pusher/ and pallet forks. No service order was dropped off either. I did email corporate. "Customer service representative" has replied back to me both times. When I talked to person at dealer I deal with, said he got hold of service at corporate and is waiting to hear back on how they want to proceed. I'll be calling a couple times a week....

dieselbob69

Equipment
Jan 2, 2022
WNY
Well, I tried a temporary solution. Measured both R14T rear tires to top of rim as they are on tractor. Left side was 19-1/8”, right side at 19”. 1/8” doesn’t seem like much difference. I let air out of left so both sides were same to top of rim( 19”). Bucket is level now. 22psi left, 28psi rear. Will try same when I put turfs on. But this isn’t “the” fix. Doesn’t explain why when you tighten left loader saddle to tractor frame it pulls bucket up on left side. Still no word from dealer yet…

GreX

Equipment
BX2380
Jan 8, 2023
Maine
Well, I tried a temporary solution. Measured both R14T rear tires to top of rim as they are on tractor. Left side was 19-1/8”, right side at 19”. 1/8” doesn’t seem like much difference. I let air out of left so both sides were same to top of rim( 19”). Bucket is level now. 22psi left, 28psi rear. Will try same when I put turfs on. But this isn’t “the” fix. Doesn’t explain why when you tighten left loader saddle to tractor frame it pulls bucket up on left side. Still no word from dealer yet…
Thanks for keeping us updated, hopefully they have something for you soon - sucks you're having to deal with this, and for sure different tire pressures are not a long term fix, but glad you at least found a bandaid solution..

dieselbob69

Equipment
Jan 2, 2022
WNY
Welp, pushing a smaller downed tree into hedgerow last weekend of March I heard a good creak, the unevenness was a little more when I had it in my garage to do the oil/filter change, so I dropped off at dealer last Saturday(4/1). I haven't heard if they've found anything yet...forgot to get a pic before dropping it off...

dieselbob69

Equipment
Jan 2, 2022
WNY
A little update.. decided to stop by dealer as they have had it almost a month now. SA tells me they sent estimate in for the saddle arms and are waiting to hear back from KTAC. Must be any dealer nowadays never gives customer a call with an update 🙄🙄🙄….also mentioned to look at slop in front axle pivot while they have it……

GreX

Equipment
BX2380
Jan 8, 2023
Maine
Curious if you would be completely screwed here, had you paid cash? From what I gather KTAC is only for financed Kubotas?

But glad to hear that they are at least making some progress and have an idea (saddle arms) as to what the issue is, but strange they haven't just gone ahead and fixed it, given it's also still under normal warranty - and yes, communication seems very, very low these days when it comes to getting back to a customer or potential customer..

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
so, did they give you a loaner ? If not , why not ? Should take less than 4 hrs for a dealer to SEE what's wrong. After that order parts and FIX it.

dieselbob69

Equipment
Jan 2, 2022
WNY
Curious if you would be completely screwed here, had you paid cash? From what I gather KTAC is only for financed Kubotas?

But glad to hear that they are at least making some progress and have an idea (saddle arms) as to what the issue is, but strange they haven't just gone ahead and fixed it, given it's also still under normal warranty - and yes, communication seems very, very low these days when it comes to getting back to a customer or potential customer..
Sadly, loader is only a 1 yr warranty item😡… as far as KTAC and financing/cash- no idea. All I know is that you have to get a policy for term of loan and have total premium put into the loan. When I financed the 1870 back in 2016, I just paid the premium yearly. I’m just wondering if anything did total out the 2380 if they’d only pay the $18500 that it was purchased for, or the cost of new one which is close to $24k now( not including the other goodies I added over the year) . Just so disappointed in this I’m considering asking them how much for them to buy it back and all the attachments and just go to a zero turn and the Honda snowblower I already have. Not as much fun as having a loader, but this experience has really soured me toward new equipment and Kubota….

dieselbob69

Equipment
Jan 2, 2022
WNY
so, did they give you a loaner ? If not , why not ? Should take less than 4 hrs for a dealer to SEE what's wrong. After that order parts and FIX it.
🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣- good one…. I may ask next time I call, depending on how long they say saddle arms will take to get. I also believe those aren’t gonna cure the issue. I still believe the SSQA plate is bent back slightly on left side that doesn’t allow the bucket to drop fully onto the plate on that side. Even both my sons think it looks bent back a little…

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
You'd think the dealer's mechanic could, would, should pull the mate to your tractor from the showroom put it next to yours and be able to SEE what's wrong, maybe make a couple of measurements ?? This isn't 'rocket science'. Heck, swap out the loaders takes less than 10 minutes according to youtube videos !
I suppose this just my silly 'common sense - keep customer happy' way though.

Local dealer here has 20-30 of them...here, there, everywhere...tis the season......

This week I gave a guy a good, but wrong color complete deck for his rider and offered a loaner in case he had any problems installing the green deck on his red rider. His red deck is bent up left back area about 1-2 inches. Not obvious until you strip off everything then lay onto flat, level workbench. Not too sure HOW I can press it back flat but have all summer to ponder that one. In the meantime the guy's happy, he gets to cut grass tomorrow !

dieselbob69

Equipment
Jan 2, 2022
WNY
You'd think the dealer's mechanic could, would, should pull the mate to your tractor from the showroom put it next to yours and be able to SEE what's wrong, maybe make a couple of measurements ?? This isn't 'rocket science'. Heck, swap out the loaders takes less than 10 minutes according to youtube videos !
I suppose this just my silly 'common sense - keep customer happy' way though.

Local dealer here has 20-30 of them...here, there, everywhere...tis the season......

This week I gave a guy a good, but wrong color complete deck for his rider and offered a loaner in case he had any problems installing the green deck on his red rider. His red deck is bent up left back area about 1-2 inches. Not obvious until you strip off everything then lay onto flat, level workbench. Not too sure HOW I can press it back flat but have all summer to ponder that one. In the meantime the guy's happy, he gets to cut grass tomorrow !
Well, after unsuccessfully talking to someone on phone Saturday, went up there this morning. Advisor said KTAC will either “substitute collateral” it or total loader assembly. Either one they are saying I need to make up difference, I told advisor to total and I’m not going for the making up difference part. She said the person I deal with is talking with owner on how to “figure it out”. I don’t understand why there’s even a discussion 🤷‍♂️. She also said they are taking care of front axle pivot slop. I wish they would’ve totaled the whole tractor so I could be done with it….

GreX

Equipment
BX2380
Jan 8, 2023
Maine
Well, after unsuccessfully talking to someone on phone Saturday, went up there this morning. Advisor said KTAC will either “substitute collateral” it or total loader assembly. Either one they are saying I need to make up difference, I told advisor to total and I’m not going for the making up difference part. She said the person I deal with is talking with owner on how to “figure it out”. I don’t understand why there’s even a discussion 🤷‍♂️. She also said they are taking care of front axle pivot slop. I wish they would’ve totaled the whole tractor so I could be done with it….
Gross... sucks you'll have to keep being a squeaky wheel to get them to make it right..

dieselbob69

Equipment
Jan 2, 2022
WNY
Well, after almost 2 months, the BX2380 is back home with a new complete loader/bucket/cutting edge. KTAC ended up totaling the loader out( after dealer tried to fix it by making holes in saddle arms bigger for “adjustment”). They did a “Substitute of collateral “ for my loan, and I paid $300 salvage to KTAC to keep the old loader/bucket/cutting edge. Just have to move the 3rd function lines and bucket level rod over to new loader my next day off. The first picture is the new loader bucket where it meets the QA plate, second pic is of original one, I don’t know why it was so hard to see🤷‍♂️. As of now I’m pretty happy with how dealer and service advisor handled it…

Attachments

Reactions: 1 users

Coreymacc

Equipment
Bx 2380
Oct 12, 2022
Onoway,Alberta
I drag race and we have to check slicks for circumference to match them up. Ive seen even racing tires be different. Car pulls to one side or the other. Not suprised that tractor tires all different heights.

Nice catch
Corey

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
Apr 2, 2019
sure glad you're a 'happy camper', FINALLY.....
good score getting LOTS of spare parts for $300.

It'd be interesting to see picture of OLD bucket on NEW loader frame.....

dieselbob69

Equipment
Jan 2, 2022
WNY
sure glad you're a 'happy camper', FINALLY.....
good score getting LOTS of spare parts for $300.

It'd be interesting to see picture of OLD bucket on NEW loader frame.....
Here ya go- first is old bucket on new loader, second is old bucket on old frame. I’ll leave the new one off, no sense of getting it dirty 🤣🤣🤣

Attachments

dieselbob69

Equipment
Jan 2, 2022
WNY
Did the new assembly come with hoses and cylinders and what did the $300 get you other than the old bucket?
I got the whole loader assembly except for the saddle arms, forgot to ask about those,they weren’t sitting with old loader at dealer lot…

dieselbob69

Equipment
Jan 2, 2022
WNY
I got the whole loader assembly except for the saddle arms, forgot to ask about those,they weren’t sitting with old loader at dealer lot…
Gonna try putting old loader frame on, never even dawned on me but if it’s close to level, I’ll put the grapple on that frame and leave it on…

Reactions: 1 user