New BX2380 bucket meets ground unevenly....

dieselbob69

Equipment
Kubota BX2380 (previously a BX1870 and GR2100)...
Jan 2, 2022
WNY
hmm, i've only seen a level in the pix, no tape measure with numbers
35 years ago, I found out that my $$$$ level was NOT level, after an addition was built
since then I check every level anyone hands me to use
And how did you verify the tape measure was accurate? Blind faith?

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
A machinest friend measured all 3 tapes (same make/model ) were the same and accurate. His primary concern was the 'tab to tape' rivets. At the time his Mitutoya digicalipes were around $500 each,but they came with interface connector so I cut code for him to do the 'SPC' his client needed on some parts.

dieselbob69

Equipment
Jan 2, 2022
WNY

dieselbob69

Equipment
Jan 2, 2022
WNY

dieselbob69

Equipment
Jan 2, 2022
WNY
This unevenness REALLY sucks with snow pusher, especially when back dragging. Extra pressure on right side to make edge level hard on the blacktop 😡😡😡😡

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
my guess based on the last picture is the left side loader frame is 1" too high, or right side is 1" too low.
if you can keep the bucket as is, loosen the left frame bolts, it might slide down a bit. If not enough, tighten them, then loosen the right side,then raise frame up a bit.

I don't know if there's slotted holes for adjustment , but there should be something.
I don't think the SSQA plate is wonky, as you can get box /bucket on-off ok ?

hmmm.... where the loader uprights 'slide in and lock'...... Are the tractor sections the same height off the ground ? Nothing in the WSM about 'installing loader frame onto tractor', probably cause it's factory installed...but if that piece was high, it'd raise everything high....
I don't know what's involved with the latches to remove the loader frame but maybe it's adjustable ?

I've never had mine off ( or the backhoe) so I'm looking at this from a mechanical point of view.
I do know mine's level, spent 4 hours bucket scraping 11 neighbour's driveways......

Last edited:

dieselbob69

Equipment
Jan 2, 2022
WNY
my guess based on the last picture is the left side loader frame is 1" too high, or right side is 1" too low.
if you can keep the bucket as is, loosen the left frame bolts, it might slide down a bit. If not enough, tighten them, then loosen the right side,then raise frame up a bit.

I don't know if there's slotted holes for adjustment , but there should be something.
I don't think the SSQA plate is wonky, as you can get box /bucket on-off ok ?

hmmm.... where the loader uprights 'slide in and lock'...... Are the tractor sections the same height off the ground ? Nothing in the WSM about 'installing loader frame onto tractor', probably cause it's factory installed...but if that piece was high, it'd raise everything high....
I don't know what's involved with the latches to remove the loader frame but maybe it's adjustable ?

I've never had mine off ( or the backhoe) so I'm looking at this from a mechanical point of view.
I do know mine's level, spent 4 hours bucket scraping 11 neighbour's driveways......
Tractor frame is same height both sides. The bolt holes for the saddles that mount to tractor frame are not slotted, so really no adjustment. I have loosened the left saddle from tractor, as soon as all bolts are loose, bucket goes level. Last year I did the loosening of both saddles and tightening of them, didn’t make a difference. Nothing is an inch off anywhere. In the pics in earlier posts you can see what difference is from side to side. Might be something to do with latching system of loader, don’t know. When I put bucket on ground all the way, the left loader tower that sets in saddle rocks backwards quite a bit, not much movement on right side. I’ve put countless hours on this machine idling it trying to get this goddamn bucket to be level but to no avail.

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
Apr 2, 2019
dang, ..so quick recap...
tractor is on flat,level concrete
tires are all same
air pressure's the same
left and right frames same height from ground
loader saddles(mounts on tractor) are same height

bucket or box is high on the left side

with the tractor in the last picture....
measure several points starting at the loader /tractor attachment point.
bottom of loader frame where it locks in
top of frame, pivot point
frame arms at back,mid, front points
SSQA plate bottom and top

I know PITA to measure all these points but going from the frame out, each pair of measurements should be the same. When they differ by the inch, THAT is where the problem is.

I've beat the krap out of my BX23S bucket/SSQA/loader over 5 years/950 hrs and it's flat and level. If it wars up and Mr. Sun appears, I'll look at mine on the outside pad (garage floor is drunk......)

dieselbob69

Equipment
Jan 2, 2022
WNY
dang, ..so quick recap...
tractor is on flat,level concrete
tires are all same
air pressure's the same
left and right frames same height from ground
loader saddles(mounts on tractor) are same height

bucket or box is high on the left side

with the tractor in the last picture....
measure several points starting at the loader /tractor attachment point.
bottom of loader frame where it locks in
top of frame, pivot point
frame arms at back,mid, front points
SSQA plate bottom and top

I know PITA to measure all these points but going from the frame out, each pair of measurements should be the same. When they differ by the inch, THAT is where the problem is.

I've beat the krap out of my BX23S bucket/SSQA/loader over 5 years/950 hrs and it's flat and level. If it wars up and Mr. Sun appears, I'll look at mine on the outside pad (garage floor is drunk......)
Won’t be till at least Wednesday before I do measurements- working 12hr nights-the JD 430 is in Kubota spot in garage and Kubota sitting outside…

DustyRusty

Equipment
2020 BX23S, BX2822 Snowblower, Curtis Deluxe Cab,
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
Won’t be till at least Wednesday before I do measurements- working 12hr nights-the JD 430 is in Kubota spot in garage and Kubota sitting outside…
The Kubota should be sitting inside at the dealers and they should be the ones doing the measurements and corrections. The longer that you wait before pushing them, the easier it is for them to blame you for bending something, and charge you to fix it. Car dealers are notorious for doing the same until the warranty runs out, and then they miraculously figure out the problem and charge you to fix it.

dieselbob69

Equipment
Jan 2, 2022
WNY
The Kubota should be sitting inside at the dealers and they should be the ones doing the measurements and corrections. The longer that you wait before pushing them, the easier it is for them to blame you for bending something, and charge you to fix it. Car dealers are notorious for doing the same until the warranty runs out, and then they miraculously figure out the problem and charge you to fix it.
Hey, at least they tried when it was there last June by putting more air in one of rear tires 😬😬😬. I know drill with dealers, unfortunately this has been the worst thing I’ve tried to get corrected with expensive new equipment. My car is at dealer right now, and actually quite surprised in that they were *tenatively* able to figure out problem with it, and said sensor is under the Dieselgate warranty(VW)- other people are having same issues and their dealers have no clue….

Last edited:

DustyRusty

Equipment
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
My wife took her car in for repairs, but they could not deal with the loose nut behind the wheel. Everything else was correctly fixed. When she arrived, she said that it was Found On Road Dead. The service manager told her FORD means Flip Over Read Directions. She told him, First On Race Day. He replied Fix Or Repair Daily, and then he asked her not to come back and to buy a Chevrolet next time!

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Not high jacking the thread, since not relevant to OP’s loader problem.

Co-worker has a BX25D with front snowblower, so similar system to my own.

He said this morning the snowblower is off 2-3” on concrete garage floor….

Given the front hitch design, I can’t see that problem arising without some SERIOUS pilot/operator error….

I didn’t offer any suggestions, lest I be committed to diagnosing his problems further. He transports it for oil changes, so he knows the route to the dealership well….🧐

Back to loaders…..😉

dieselbob - - - I keep routing for you to find the fix for that.....got to be frustrating beyond imagination. :oops:

Last edited:

cthomas

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX2610 HSDC
Jan 1, 2017
La Farge Wi
Any service issue is a "complaint".
Per my GM training "Their is not such thing as a complaint just customer concerns". :ROFLMAO: :D Actually had to sit thru a two hour class for the 3 C's(Customer concern, cause, and correction)

dieselbob69

Equipment
Jan 2, 2022
WNY
Well, corporate said they talked to service dept. last week. Still haven't heard squat from dealer. I'm gonna stop by after getting the wifes Crosstrek serviced, as they are only a couple miles from the car dealer.

dieselbob69

Equipment
Jan 2, 2022
WNY
Not feeling too optimistic after talking to the guy I deal with at dealer yesterday. He said he did get in touch with service at corporate to see how to proceed with my issue. I offered to bring it to dealer yesterday being it was nice and roads were dry, but he said to hold off and wait till he gets an answer. I’m just so pi$$ed at this situation I don’t know what to do. I have a third function kit I want to install so I can use my grapple, but not sure if I should or not just in case corporate on the off chance says to switch my tractor/loader out for a different one. I have a sinking feeling that they aren’t gonna do jack schitt for me because it’s out of warranty now, even though it’s been a known problem since it was new. Service dept told them they did the warranty repair (closed out RO) on 6/22/22…

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

DustyRusty

Equipment
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
Run the loader into a tree really hard, and have KTAC replace it under the insurance! OK, I am only joking, but it will take something like that to resolve the problem. If the tractor is financed, then tell the finance company that it has a manufacturing defect that the dealer isn't taking care of that needs to be addressed by them. The only pressure on Kubota corporate will resolve the issue. If it were a car, you would have the lemon law to protect you, and you might want to address this with your state representative. Possibly he may be able to interpret the lemon law to include a tractor.

GreX

Equipment
BX2380
Jan 8, 2023
Maine
Seems like you may have tried all these things, but it doesn't seem to be a unique issue -

RBsingl

Equipment
Kubota F 2690 72" rear discharge deck, Deere 955
Jul 1, 2022
Central IL
There should be plenty of documentation with your dealership (and hopefully you have copies also) that this issue was raised and insufficiently addressed while it was still well within the warranty period. Have you tried contacting Kubota corporate directly because your dealership doesn't seem to be great at resolving issues?

Rodger