New B7100 Owner here

BRUIN

Equipment
B7100
Mar 5, 2016
Shelton, CT
Hello Everyone,

I just bought my first Kubota - A B7100D, non Hydro 4x4 . This little tractor is amazing, its actually in such clean condition it should be in a museum, I have not checked the serial number yet but the original owner said it was bought new in 1979 ( yes he is 93 years old )

I think that Eeerything works, except the headlights, but they were working on day one. There are no turn or tail lights.

It has 300 hours on it , came with an ( unused!) snow blower attachment, a good mowing deck and the original parts and operator manuals. I am just getting started with this little beast. Do any B7100 owners else out here have any advice?

Thanks

Attachments

coachgeo

Equipment
L225 w/woods Few Mowers & Back Blade, D722 in Motorcycle (Triumph Tiger), LMTV
Nov 16, 2012
Southern OH
sweeeeeeeeet tractor purchase.

There is alot of good info in here on that model. Luckly it is easily searched. Just search for B7100.

Most recent discussion was on the odd serial number that confuses even dealers into thinking it is a Grey Model when IT IS NOT.

BRUIN

Equipment
B7100
Mar 5, 2016
Shelton, CT
Thank you.

I hope it was a great purchase, I was actually in the market for a bigger TLB like a B26 or L35 L45 and I found this in my search .... Now it sets me back on the TLB purchase but I could not let this one go by!

BRUIN

Equipment
B7100
Mar 5, 2016
Shelton, CT
Thanks NIW - Thank you for this link !

I will download the manuals, but this one came with the original manuals in pristine condition , I definitely don't want to use them and get them messed up!

CaveCreekRay

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800 HST, KingKutter box scraper, KingKutter 66" rake, County Pride Subsoiler
Jul 11, 2014
Cave Creek, AZ
WOW!

300 hours in not even broken in!

Do a full fluid and filter swap per your OM and enjoy that sweetheart. Keep her waxed and cared for and she'll look like that in 30 more years.

Congrats!

Ray

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
Bruin,

congrats on your brand new machine - it really does look that good! I think you will find it to be a beast!

There are lots of little "things" to keep an eye out - nothing really major - however, on the older versions of this machine , the cam plug oil pressure failure is a big one. (do a search on cam oil plug)

There is no water pump - water is circulated via hot water rising, thus keep the radiator full and make sure that front screen is clean when you cut grass. There is a whistle that will go off if she is overheated.;):)

BRUIN

Equipment
B7100
Mar 5, 2016
Shelton, CT
It truly is a museum piece, I almost can't bring myself to use it.

I just ordered the original mower deck manual and snow blower manual for this