New b5100e owner.. Couple questions!

Liquedfire

Equipment
Kubota b5100e blower, plow
Aug 15, 2013
Ontario
Proud owner of a nice little kubota b5100e 2WD

Questions are

1. If i could where do i hook up hydraulic feed and return for a front end loader?

2. If so will the pump on this tractor have enough pressure/gpm to run a FEL

3.will the front axle be strong enough to take 500lbs?

4.will the frame take the abuse?

5.if the pump will not be enough can i run a gear pump off the front crank spline?

6.anything else i should be aware of??

I worked in a machine shop for a long time so fab will be the easy part

Thank you for all the help and pointers

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Questions are

1. If i could where do i hook up hydraulic feed and return for a front end loader?

Most likely on that model you'll need to add a pump and reservoir to it.

If it does have a tap-able system, No probably not!

Yes it should, but it's probably going to get fairly hard to steer.

You will need the sub frame for it.

5.if the pump will not be enough can i run a gear pump off the front crank spline?

Yes that's what you will have to do.

Finding a loader for that tractor is going to be really tough! It's not a very common unit.
Building one will cost you a pretty penny too.
I'm building mine for a B7100D HST and I'm about $2000 in and I've gotten several of the main parts for really cheap.

Last edited:

stuart

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B7001 with loader & tiller, 3 point hitch and 4' rear blade
Aug 9, 2009
Aldergrove, BC, Canada

>> I have a B7001, and can offer some comments from experience.

Questions are

>> usually a separate hydraulic pump driven off the injector pump, use the transmission as your reservoir same as the 3 point.

>> mine is slow but very functional

>> I believe the axle will be fine but you will likely need a sub frame to take the stress of the loader. Even empty the loader adds a lot of weight to the front end.

I worked in a machine shop for a long time so fab will be the easy part

When i get a bucket full of dirt, the back wheels are in the air part of the time, even with a few hundred pounds on the 3pt. Without front wheel drive I could not get much use from the loader. You may need a small bucket or lots of weight in the rear. Would be good to check the specs for 3pt loading, or fluid filled tires etc.

I saw my neighbor with a big Massey 2wd struggling to move his load of manure - combination of slippery stuff and not enough rear wheel weight when loaded.

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
Food for thought, you can get a loader ready to bolt up from Coldwater tractor, shipped to your door for $2,200. So for two Benjimans more you can have one shipped to your door in no time then what it would take you to build one.

http://www.coldwatertractors.com/

kubotasam

Equipment
B2410, B7100dt, B7500,Woods BH750,Landpride 2660RFM, Tiller, B2781 Snowblower
Apr 26, 2010
Alfred Maine

Questions are

Make sure you research how you are going to adapt to the front crank spline if that is the route you choose. Many people are having trouble with matching the spline on B7100's when parts wear out. Your tractor may be different and parts could be easy to get,. I agree the Coldwater loader seems to be a very good deal but get your ducks in a row about how you are going to drive the pump.

Liquedfire

Equipment
Kubota b5100e blower, plow
Aug 15, 2013
Ontario
Thank for all the pointers

I kinda figured that 2wd would be a pain to puch with

Im relly trying to figure if i need to sell this tractor to buy a 4wd
Or keep it and work with what i have

The main use cor the cront end loader would be snow removal and crushed stone spreeding

In the winter id have a 48" puma blower on the rear with tires chains

In the summer it would be a box weight

Im gonna get my caliper out today and meassure the front spline on the crank

1. Is the front shaft on the crank a basic spline? Or is it a odd ball

2. If i run the gear pump off the crank it will be running all the time
Would this make the starter work much harder then normal to crank the engine and now the pump? "Specialy in the winter?"

3. What kind specs would you recomend for a pump?

Im not a hydrolulic ninja lol but was thinking this one might do?

http://www.princessauto.com/mobile/...PM+Bi-Rotational+Pump/Motor&productID=1220030

Thanks for the time ppl

hodge

Lifetime Member

Equipment
John Deere 790 John Deere 310 backhoe Bobcat 743
Nov 19, 2010
Love, VA
Make sure you research how you are going to adapt to the front crank spline if that is the route you choose. Many people are having trouble with matching the spline on B7100's when parts wear out. Your tractor may be different and parts could be easy to get,. I agree the Coldwater loader seems to be a very good deal but get your ducks in a row about how you are going to drive the pump.
Agreed, and based on the experiences shared, you will need to decide if the investment is worth it. If the tractor won't handle the work, it may be better and cheaper to go to a bigger tractor, maybe with a loader already on it.

Rob

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B6000DT / B7100DP /B8200DT/L225/Globe PTO Chipper/Lewis Backhoe/huxley TR66
Nov 22, 2009
Leafy England....
welcome , my advise based on my very limited;) knowledge etc on these things would be this.
The b5100 is a great little tractor , but , it is exactly that.
They are great machines and can handle a heck of a lot of tasks, but you'll be struggling to get a loader for it, and it wont be a very big loader either, leading to the problem of loader speed and capacity.
If you are looking to use a FEL and for any sort of serious workload you should really look more towards a B7100 , b6000's work well with fel's and backhoes but tend to be little bit slow on the hydraulic side of things if using onboard pump, external systems are better, same applies to B6100.
You would be suprised at the differences in sizes between the b6000 and b6100 in comparison to a 5100, th 5100 is quite small and short.
B7100 or similar are a good midchoice at a sensible price and have good options for implements.
other simlar variants like B6001/7000/7001 etc all provide the same sort of options compared to the 5100.
I had a B6000 with a loader and it was a great work horse, but soon found myself pushing it to its limits so upgraded to b7100 and now a b8200.
Its all down to what you are expecting to get done with it and what you want to spend i supose.
anyway good luck with your B5100, you wont be disapointed with it and they are really overengineered in all aspects, but just dont be temped to over load it with kit, mowers etc are fine, tillers etc, small blades etc etc are all possible but i think you should think twice about the loader side of things, if you wont that sort of fitment andthe power to useit you will need to go bigger.
just my input.
rob

Last edited: