Need Help from Kabota experianced operators

cshynick

Nov 18, 2013
NY, NY
I recently purchased a B3200 within the last 6 months. I have driven tractors and other machines throughout my life, so I am not totally new to the concepts of machanics. That being said, I purchased a brand new B3200 series Kabota. I was using it to mow my lawn and small field in front of my house. The field happens to be on a slope, but I have mowed the slope before with my lawn mower without incident. The problem that I encountered 3 times with this particular tractor was it seemed to go into a neutral position on its own and take off out of control. My first experiance it was in med speed with the hydrostatic and I put the clutch in and shifted into low range with the 4x4 engaged as well before I approached the slope downward. after I let the clutch out the tractor took off like a train out of control. Luckly I was able to stop half way down without incident. I figured it was my fault and was getting used to the tractor. A month or so went by and I was mowing uphill on the same slope. I had it in low range and 4x4 was engaged, I was crawling slowly to avoid accidents. To my surprise the tractor self engaged into neutral and went backwards at a high rate of speed going out of control. The outcome was good for me and bad for the tractor. I rolled it and luckly I was strapped in and the rollbar did what it was supposed to do. the 3rd time this happend was when the tractor was parked on somewhat level ground, and it had been parked there for about a week. I had a party and several people witnessed the tractor roll backwards at a high rate of speed into a tree. Luckly nobody was behind it. The tractor is wrecked and the dealership gave me an estimate of 9500 dollars. From their tone of voice they were not interested in warranty nor were they interested in my story or my safety. They informed me that they did not look at the transmission when they gave me the estimate because the tractor was not running. They also said if it was a warrenty issue they would not cover any of the cosmetic damage to the tractor. Can ANYONE out there give me some advice? Has anyone ever heard of these hydrostatics having problems? Can anyone point me in the right direction?

alchemysa

Equipment
B1550, backhoe, 4in1 bucket, rear mower.
Jul 1, 2010
Australia
If all you say is true then the tractor had a serious, life threatening fault. I'd go straight to Consumer Affairs if they dont fix everything including the cosmetic issues. However its a pity you didnt immeadiately register a query with the dealer when it first happened.

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
Sounds like a factory defect in the tractor. NO that's not normal behaviour with a hydro or gear tranny tractor. It sounds like you have a shady dealer to work with. If you do not get satisfactory results from the dealer then contact Kubota Corporate and have them MAKE the dealer fix it.

Maybe locate another Kubota dealer in the area and take is somewhere for a second opinion. Just because the dealer you bought it from wont fix it right doesn't mean all the dealers will be like that.

Frank Peters

Equipment
Mower Bx 2360
Jul 27, 2012
Moe Victoria Australia
Hi All,
this is a problem where engaged selector is not lock in properly. This should be addressed after the first time. Kubota is a difficult company to deal with in my personal experience. Because it is a safety issue it is a serious fault. In my experience if I descend a steep slope I always have one foot on the brakes, just in case. I don't know where to take it, maybe to lawyer, no win no fee. Good luck, regards Frank

cshynick

Nov 18, 2013
NY, NY
Thank you all for your imput. The dealer had been an issue since day one, when he over priced the tractor by approx 1500 dollars. I did my research and every other dealer quoted me a smaller quote. I went back to him before I signed papers and they said WHOOPS I charged you for two buckets and some other stuff. I would have went back the first time this happend but I really thought perhaps it was my fault, maybe I didnt have it in low range all the way. But when it took off the 1st time on me, it was like a I was being pushed down the hill. Luckly the breaks worked when I was facing downward, when I was going backwards down hill the breaks wouldnt stop me. My next steps are to call Kabota and see what they say. I also thought about a lawyer. Hey is it typical when you buy a new tractor like this that they go over the whole enitre tractor with the customer? When I bought this tractor NOTHING was shown to me on how to operate it. I had to go back and get a lesson on how the bucket comes on and off and also the mowing deck. I figured if I am spending 20K on a machine they will go over the whole thing with me to make sure I know how to operate it properly. Can I have it shipped to another dealer? Also I purchased Kabota insurance the day after the accident, I wonder if their is any way possible they could work with me on this.

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Man that do suck,, but ya know posting the dealers name and address, so somebody else might think twice about walking into their store might be a good thing I know it worked for a lot of HD dealers that pretty much worked the same way

Bluegill

Equipment
L3750DT Shuttle, L3800DT FEL both
Jan 11, 2012
Success Missouri
I understand why you didn't take it back after the first time, but you should have had it checked after the second time! If I were in your shoes I'd be taking 'some' responsibility for this.

From what I've heard, Kubota insurance should cover anything that happens to the tractor, whether your fault or not.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
cshynick,
Ok, I'm going to be the non happy news guy, and you'll probably say A*$&ole!

First from a completely objective point of view and I'm not trying to offend you or defend Kubota or the dealer.

But 3 things pop out:
#1: I think in the manual it says "Do Not change hi/low range while moving on a grade" or something to that effect, mine does, Why? because it can do exactly what happened to you... twice, and the second time almost did you in.

#2: You stated "I had a party and several people witnessed the tractor roll backwards at a high rate of speed into a tree. Luckly nobody was behind it. " How is Kubota, dealer, lawyer, judge, jury, or me not to think "maybe someone was playing with the tractor and moved a lever and that's why it rolled off"??? or maybe the tractor that was already damaged from the first accident and wasn't checked out buy Kubota, or the dealer, and maybe that contributed to the second accident.

#3: "Also I purchased Kabota insurance the day after the accident, I wonder if their is any way possible they could work with me on this."
Even bringing this up screams the word FRAUD!
You get in an accident and expect the insurance that you bought a day after the accident to cover your loss?:confused: It doesn't work that way!

Now the reality!
Getting into a fight with Kubota , the dealer or their insurance company over faulty equipment you will lose, you don't have enough money to fight them!

Hopefully being a land/home owner you have property/home insurance, they actually cover problems like this, call your insurance company and tell the whole story and be truthful!:cool:

Take the money you get from your insurance company pay off the tractor, and buy a Lawn Mower that's low and slow to mow your hills.

Bluegill

Equipment
Jan 11, 2012
Success Missouri
#3: "Also I purchased Kabota insurance the day after the accident, I wonder if their is any way possible they could work with me on this."
Even bringing this up screams the word FRAUD!
You get in an accident and expect the insurance that you bought a day after the accident to cover your loss?:confused: It doesn't work that way!
Damn, How did I miss that? :eek:

cshynick, you need to pay to have it fixed and then spend some quality time learning how to use it.

cshynick

Nov 18, 2013
NY, NY
Well after that attack YES I do believe u r an A$$hole.
First off I did read the owners manual and thanks for putting me down. I shifted the lever on level ground before I approached the hill!!! I'm not an idiot as u portray me to be. Second I was in low range moving up hill The tractor was in MOTION!!!! Now I'm not sure what planet u live on but when I drive a car, atv, or a TRACTOR it is NOT normal for it to jump into a neatural setting while it's in motion!!!! Didn't think I had to explain that one to u.... Stick to a lawn mower ??? Really ??? Who the heck do u think u r???? Why don't u shuv ur head back where it was to begin with!!! Didn't anyone teach you respect for others ??? I guess you can't understand the concept. I am on here to look for advice NOT to be made fun of or disrespected. As for insurance listen r u a detective ?? I am not stupid!! U actually think I don't know what fraud is?? U actually think I would display fraud on here if that was my intention ?? R u nuts??
Listen you sound like the disgraceful dealership I've been dealing with. I was hoping someone had incite to the bad hydrostatic tractors. I've talk to diesel machanics who said that hydrostatic is bad for tractors, maybe someone out there has info on this that can be useful besides putting the writer of this post down.

Bluegill

Equipment
Jan 11, 2012
Success Missouri
I personally do not like HST transmissions at all!!! But I have not heard of any problems with them on any tractors?

BAP

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2012 Kubota 2920, 60MMM, FEL, BH65 48" Bush Hog, 60"Backblade, B2782B Snowblower
Dec 31, 2012
New Hampshire
Cshynic, I am not sure how you can belittle Wolfman and Bluegill for their comments and say they are jerks for belittling you, when you turn around and do the same thing. As far as your talking to diesel mechanics and them telling you hydrostatic transmissions have no use in tractors, I think you better consult new mechanics. Hydrostats have been used quite successfully in farm tractors, combines, self propelled forage harvesters, pay loaders, bulldozers and many other construction equipment since the late 60's or early 70's. Your tractor may have a problem that is unique to it, however by not brining your concerns to the dealership until after the 3rd time it happened and caused serious damage, makes it harder on your case. Also, there sounds like a little bit of operator error in not applying the brakes fast enough to stop the tractor from getting out of control and rolling. If the tractor took off the 3rd time when it was parked, that is not the fault of the transmission, but the operator who did not properly set the parking brake. Because, if the parking brake is properly set when the machine is parked, it can not roll away freely. You asked for comments and people gave them. They may not have been what you wanted, but there is no place for name calling. Many of the contributors on this site have many years of experience. I have been driving tractors ranging in size from lawn mowers to over 200hp tractors, pay loaders, bulldozers and 500hp self propelled forage harvesters for just shy of 40years so I have much experience. Your dealer may be leaving you out in the cold, some dealers are like that. The first warning sign should have been when they made the "$1500 mistake in adding". I would be finding a new dealer to work with and have them help you contact the Territorial Representative for Service and possibly the one for Sales to talk to about your tractor's problem. It could be that there is something out of adjust for the transmission. Things like that happen in anything whether it be a tractor, car or pickup.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Well after that attack YES I do believe u r an A$$hole.
Thank you very much, I resemble that comment!

#1: I live on planet earth and no HST or any tranny slipping into neutral on it's own is not good! But I'm sorry but it takes a big F-up to allow the tractor to just "run away" when that happens, Your "accident" was from you going up hill and then all of the sudden the tractor pop out of gear and then changes direction and then runs away... There are pedals to stop that, they are called brakes!

#2 I've been taught very well, thank you.

#3: I didn't call you an Idiot, But you portrayed yourself as one by your actions and words!

#4: I'm no detective, Christopher, 32 years old, but I do know when someone is trying commit fraud! I will be more than happy to pass on the information you've provided all of us onto your insurance company! Anyone have the number to Kubota's Insurance company?:p

#5: You said that the tractor just rolled off during a party, why didn't you set the brake, block the wheels, do something from preventing it from rolling away, you already knew that there was a problem with the tractor?
Your dang lucky someone wasn't killed by your incompetence!:mad:

#6 This whole situation stinks of fraud, You wreck the tractor and then blame everyone else! If it's not fraud why would you buy an insurance policy on a tractor that you wrecked the day before??? Trying to get out of the payments would be my guess!:rolleyes:
I really do think I'm going to make it my mission of the week to find your insurance company, and let them know what your up to!;)
Your the kind of person that just drives up insurance rates!:mad:

Again the reality is:
You made several mistakes, not the dealership and not Kubota, You!
One was to not take care of a problem when it first presented itself!

Second is to come on here ask for help and then Slam the door on objectivity. I gave you my observation as to the way I see your situation, and as a lot of others might see it too.

Third was to proceeding to blame Kubota, your tractor, or the dealer for your stupidity! Yep I just called you stupid! All disrespect now intended!;)

Too bad Kubota's have ROPS, because that fine invention just robbed Darwin of more scientific proof, and left us all to deal with you!:eek:

Thank you very much, it's been a fine pleasure dealing with you!:rolleyes:

To all others: I apologize profusely for the retaliatory post, he just got under my skin, BAD!

Last edited:

cshynick

Nov 18, 2013
NY, NY
Furthermore
When I first shifted it I went from med to low speed and to my understanding there is no neutral settings from med to low. From high to med there is a neutral position.

cshynick

Nov 18, 2013
NY, NY
Well okay you deff instead are a absolute asshole. If you feel the need to report any information please do so. I guess you are one of these pathetic People who have nothing better to do that f with people. It's people like you who defend big companies and kiss there ass looking to gain brownie points to make yourself look good. It would be my guess you work for the company I bought it from or work for the company in some capacity. Please try and report fraud I beg u to waste your pathetic little life on me a perfect stranger. Listen you ain't worth my time man. Please go pleasure yourself alone in your worthless little life. I'll deal with this crap on my own.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Enjoy your insurance check!;)
KTAC Insurance Agency - P.O.Box 2209 - Suwanee, GA 30024-2209 - 1-800-348-5802
Next tractor you get remove the ROPS, it will run so much better for us!:cool:

Last edited:

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
The folks over at KTAC were very happy to hear from me!
and to read this fine forum!

Christopher,
I don't waste my time, Being self employed has taught me how to get thing done quickly and efficiently!
Have a wonderful day!

rparkinson

Aug 23, 2012
Northport Maine
yeah I am with you ^ on this one.... sometimes it is just better to observe from a distance. Either way, I hope all of you have a better night... tomorrow is a new day....