Nasty split

al m

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota b1750,60" mm,48" argo trend snowblower,5' grader blade
Jul 30, 2012
smiths falls on Canada
Just venting. Trying to split my b1750 so I can pull the hst and have a look,had oi about a inch or so apart but something was hanging up. Turned out to be the link for the hydro pedal I missed. Been over an hour trying to get the pin out of it,man,what a place to get into!

al m

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jul 30, 2012
smiths falls on Canada
The power of having a pint! Seems all I need to do was stop and have a cold one!( it extremely hot here,strange at this time of year up here) if it works,here's a couple pics showing the plywood Jig I dreamed up,I'm out doors,jacks and cranes are not a option for me

Attachments

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Wow for a second I had flash backs to my Ex,,,,, Happy you got it figured out and yes a cold one sometimes is magic,, :D

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
Wow for a second I had flash backs to my Ex,,,,, Happy you got it figured out and yes a cold one sometimes is magic,, :D
Skeets, I need two cold ones for magic to work!!!:eek::)

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
Excuse me for askingBut have you ever had a crafted Canadian beer?
nope- When it comes to beer - I am a wimp!:p I like the watered down so called american stuff, the more stuff they throw in it, the worse it tastes to me!

I went to a hand crafted contest a year ago - after tasting about 20 different beers with......chocolate, some kinda berry, malts, hell I forgot what was in some of them - I thought they were awful! Then the bud light truck pulled up, not a big bud drinker, but let's say I dont remember the rest of the day!:D:)

I did make the mistake of chugging a 24 oz of a cold beer one time on the way home after a hot day, and only had $1.25 in my pocket.....it was steel reserve 211, 8.1% and god awful, 10 minutes later, I felt no pain! AND aint never had another one!:D:)

I like beer in can or bottle - only one condition, make it cold!;)

Last edited:

al m

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jul 30, 2012
smiths falls on Canada
nope- When it comes to beer - I am a wimp!:p I like the watered down so called american stuff, the more stuff they throw in it, the worse it tastes to me!

I went to a hand crafted contest a year ago - after tasting about 20 different beers with......chocolate, some kinda berry, malts, hell I forgot what was in some of them - I thought they were awful! Then the bud light truck pulled up, not a big bud drinker, but let's say I dont remember the rest of the day!:D:)

I did make the mistake of chugging a 24 oz of a cold beer one time on the way home after a hot day, and only had $1.25 in my pocket.....it was steel reserve 211, 8.1% and god awful, 10 minutes later, I felt no pain! AND aint never had another one!:D:)

I like beer in can or bottle - only one condition, make it cold!;)
A good crafted beer has four ingredients,water,hops,barley,yeast,that's it

Last edited by a moderator:

NBKubota

Equipment
2650HSDC
Aug 3, 2017
New Brunswick
I tried Beau's for the first time this year. Was amazing! From Eastern Ontario if I'm not mistaken?

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

al m

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jul 30, 2012
smiths falls on Canada
I tried Beau's for the first time this year. Was amazing! From Eastern Ontario if I'm not mistaken?

Yes,my favorited beer,brewed in a small village east of Ottawa,can you buy it in the Maritimes?

bearbait

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, 64" snowblower, 72" back blade
Dec 9, 2011
New Glasgow Canada
I don't change up much, drink bud because I find it easy on the stomach. Cut, split and stacked fire wood for the last couple days, nothing like a nice cold beer during breaks. Well I may have taken too many breaks, but didn't mind the work at all until this morning, :eek:

NBKubota

Equipment
2650HSDC
Aug 3, 2017
New Brunswick
Yes,my favorited beer,brewed in a small village east of Ottawa,can you buy it in the Maritimes?
Actually from Ontario originally, a friend bought it for me on a return visit! Love the big bottles [emoji16]

Might have to see if the local store can order some in....

OLD GAR

Equipment
MF210, FORD 8N, BIG TEX CH18,
Aug 3, 2015
ZWOLLE
My contribution to this highly questionable discussion is going to be about a questionable "CRAFT" ? ? beer now being produced in Shreveport Louisiana. Passing through a local big box store, I spotted a new display of canned beer. The company is the "Great Raft" Brewing. There seem at this time to be two brews for sale. The cans are hooked together with an almost indestructable six pak plastic device. The artwork on the cans is bizarre to say the least and the names of the brews makes you wonder.

The first is a dark they call a Black Lager, is named "Reasonably Corrupt"! The other one is evidently trying to be IPA but is not even close to drinkable. It is a pale ale but so hoppy it leaves like diesel fuel. It's name is "Commotion"! I bought the two just to see what North Louisianans would do to beer. Well they sure found a way to keep a six pak from losing one of its cans in the cooler. I's sure that they will find a following but I won't be in it.

Abita Springs brewing company, north of Lake Pontchartrain, is the best that Louisiana has done for beer(IMhO) Their Turbo Dog matches most stouts and the Amber is very presentable. They have gone astray in the past year or two with forays into tiddly stuff, seasoned with flower petals etc. BUT! The hand grenade they sell that will singe the hair on your chest is Andy Gator! That dark brew comes in at over 8.6%. I only do it when I'm going to stay in the back yard with the dog.:eek:

al m

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jul 30, 2012
smiths falls on Canada
I appoligise if the thread is truely highly questionable. I was splitting a Kubota,and the beer was a welcome break. To get back on subject,my plywood splitting stands actually worked quite well in the grass,hope they work as well going back together

Attachments

OLD GAR

Equipment
MF210, FORD 8N, BIG TEX CH18,
Aug 3, 2015
ZWOLLE
I didn't intend to go so far OT but with the brewery discussions coming out I got distracted. You are one brave soul to do what you've done sans a shop with a roof and floor. I've just drained my tranny and pump without that luxury and it wasn't fun for me crawling around in the dirt. Good luck getting her back together

coachgeo

Equipment
L225 w/woods Few Mowers & Back Blade, D722 in Motorcycle (Triumph Tiger), LMTV
Nov 16, 2012
Southern OH
I appoligise if the thread is truely highly questionable. I was splitting a Kubota,and the beer was a welcome break. To get back on subject,my plywood splitting stands actually worked quite well in the grass,hope they work as well going back together
Might be my eyes... but the pictures are so small... cant get much detail out of them.

twomany

Equipment
B7200
Jul 10, 2017
Vermont
The entire contents of the "tunnel" are difficult at best.

I've been wanting to tighten up the HST pivot stud. But it defies access from above or below. I may do a "custom offset bend" on the correct size combination wrench. (A Crows foot didn't do much)

If anyone has a tooling suggestion to get at the parts needed by the OP, I'm all ears as well.