My New B2620

ItBmine

Equipment
B2620, RTV-X1100C
Jan 21, 2014
Canada
Here's my new B2620. Has fel, 60" mid mount mower, 60" Land Pride box blade, and 51" Kubota rear blower. More to come. Dealer added front and rear work lights, replaced the dynamo with a 40A alternator, and added rear remote and control valve. I'm real happy with it so far. Kinda wish I would have gotten a bigger blower though as the 51" doesn't even make it work taking full width and height cuts.
Only thing I would change is I wish you didn't have to take the grill and side panel off to check engine oil, and I wish it had the steering brakes on the left (or at least if the cruise control worked in reverse you could actually use them.)
Kinda concerned about the fact that there are no grease fittings on the driveshaft u-joints or steering components. What do you all think of that? Hopefully they don't suffer any catostrohic failures like all the John Deere 2320's are seeing.

Attachments

bandaidmd

Equipment
B2620 w/LA364 FEL ,BH65, ssqa , 1982 B8200E w/BF300FEL
May 19, 2013
Middle of DELMARVA
welcome to the forum. So you also got the model thats designed for the people with 2 right legs.lol

ItBmine

Equipment
B2620, RTV-X1100C
Jan 21, 2014
Canada
Yes, that's the one thing I have to get used to. I was originally going to get the new BX 2670 but when I saw them beside each other I knew the B was better suited for my bush road maintenance.
I think I might also try adding some mirrors to it as I have no problem snowblowing looking over my right shoulder, but when I turn to the left I have trouble holding the reverse pedal all the way down.
I also looked at the new B2650 but wasn't sure if I really wanted a cab, plus I can buy lots of implements for the price difference.

Next stuff will be a Weber-Lane Supertilt WL1SS hydraulic dumping trailer that I can run off my remote, a 50" Lucknow gear drive reverse rotation tiller and a Wallenstien BMX chipper/shredder.

Plus when I have time to go measure, I need to contact Ken for some bucket hooks.

TripleR

Equipment
BX2200, BX2660, L5740 HSTC, M8540HDC and some other tractors and equipment
Sep 16, 2011
SE Missouri
Congratulations on your new tractor, we have four Kubotas, one is ten years ol, so I don't worry about lack of grease zerks.

TYM has mirrors on their open station tractors, so you might get an idea on attachment from them.

You have some really nice attachments and should be ready for about anything.

ItBmine

Equipment
B2620, RTV-X1100C
Jan 21, 2014
Canada
Congratulations on your new tractor, we have four Kubotas, one is ten years ol, so I don't worry about lack of grease zerks.

TYM has mirrors on their open station tractors, so you might get an idea on attachment from them.

You have some really nice attachments and should be ready for about anything.
Thank You. So I guess none of them have grease fittings on everything? At least I'm glad to hear you got good service life out of yours.

I'll take a look. I started searching a couple different ideas. Be nice to have mirrors and just keep looking straight ahead. I don't want a front blower because I find I use the fel way too much.

PrairieSoul

Equipment
B2920 BX2755HD LA364FL BH65
Dec 23, 2013
Manitoba
I am also looking for mirrors so I am interested in what you find.

Sealed u joints will last on cars and trucks for a long time. I had a Buick that the original u joints lasted for 130 000 miles and 18 years so there is no reason (assuming good quality parts) the Kubota ones will not last a long time.

I am curious what is different from my B2920 because I am able to just open the hood to check the oil. Was the dip stick moved to accommodate the new alternator?

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Guys try and look up wildfires posts,,, lights mirrors all kinds of little goodies he has built for his toy,,,,errrrrrr tractor, I meant tractor:eek:,, and welcome to the orange. A cab that sure would be nice this morning, do those cabs have AC too???

PrairieSoul

Equipment
B2920 BX2755HD LA364FL BH65
Dec 23, 2013
Manitoba
I like these mirrors posted by Wildfire.
http://www.orangetractortalks.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12484&highlight=wildfire+mirror

But I cannot find them on Ebay or elsewhere. Before I fabricate my own version I would like to see what they cost.

Edit. Okay I looked at the video. They are golf cart mirrors and fabricated brackets. From the original post I had thought they were clamp on specifically made for Kubota. The wide view is an addition to the mirrors.

Last edited:

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Just drop him an e-mail and he is one of those guys that will bend over backwards to help you if he can.

bandaidmd

Equipment
May 19, 2013
Middle of DELMARVA
my 2620's dipstick is upper left front of motor at least as high up as the top of the side panel. easily accessible with just the hood up.

BAP

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2012 Kubota 2920, 60MMM, FEL, BH65 48" Bush Hog, 60"Backblade, B2782B Snowblower
Dec 31, 2012
New Hampshire
Some people have used golf cart mirrors which you can find on Amazon or Ebay. As far as lack of grease fittings, I used to be a dairy farmer and when FWA or front wheel assist (AKA 4-wheel drive) first came out, there was grease fittings for all moving parts in the front end. The problem was that people would grease them until it came out the seals. That ruined the seals which allowed water and dirt to get in. They would prematurely fail. When they started putting on ones that didn't have grease fittings, they were sealed and lasted much longer.

ItBmine

Equipment
B2620, RTV-X1100C
Jan 21, 2014
Canada
Thanks for the replies. I feel better about the lack of grease zerks now.

I will have to check out the mirror posts and decide what to do. Maybe order something up when I order the bucket hooks.

I'll try and get a pic....but my dipstick is low on the engine left side. When I open the hood you can't see it. The muffler and the alternator are in the way of getting your hand down there.

Again, thanks for the ideas and info.

bandaidmd

Equipment
May 19, 2013
Middle of DELMARVA
so the upper left side is where the add on alternator goes? that is where my dipstick is.

Last edited:

ItBmine

Equipment
B2620, RTV-X1100C
Jan 21, 2014
Canada
so the upper left side is where the add on alternator goes? that is where my dipstick is.
Ahhhh, OK. I bet they had to take that extension off mine when adding the alternator, because I don't have that.

bandaidmd

Equipment
May 19, 2013
Middle of DELMARVA
looks like the alt kit would also include a relocation kit for the dipstick, It shouldn't be too hard to fab one up. If you have a salvage yard nearby you could prob find one long enough to cut off and remark, a piece of brake line tubeing or even copper tubing will work for the outside.

tiredguy

Equipment
B3030 HSTC,B2781 51" front mounted snowblower,60" MMM
Jan 21, 2010
northern lower Michigan
itBmine,
you made some very good choices so far added pictures we all love to see and usually most of us don't, so welcome aboard my friend!

You made an extremely smart choice in snowblowers that others haven't and trust me it's the right size for your tractor same width as the one that's front mounted on my cabbed B3030. I added the "wings" to mine that will help funnel in more snow effectively making a wider cut. You can fab your own or have them made by a local fab/welding shop or hopefully better yet have a friend who can and you can trade "talents" with helping him in some other way. What I've discovered looking at other blowers that don't kick but like ours do is that the majority you see out there only have 3 instead of 4 paddles to throw the snow out of the shoot. Trust me you'll eventually get into some wetter packy snow and be glad you don't have a wider 63 inch blower which the tractor can easily handly but won't do as good of job nearly as easy as what you have right now. You might want to add a piece of plexiglass to keep the snow off your neck when adding mirrors or not. Having help from your son enjoying what can be no fun when it comes back in your face or down your neck is great so try and do whatever you can so you both argue over who gets seat time taking turns.
Like you choice of next to get implements too, all good.
Enjoy!
Al