My B7610 is going back

filix

Mar 23, 2015
arundel
:( I was getting more firewood and I noticed some very heavy rust coming through the loader. I called the dealer. he is going to be honorable and take it back. I'm bummed. I was just getting used to it. Now I'm scared to death of buying another used one. I don't know if I will buy another Kubota or go green.

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
I don't understand what the problem is,, the loader bucket is rusted through or what?

filix

Mar 23, 2015
arundel
That rust had fresh paint over it from a spray can. I saw it. But I thought it was just surface rust. There are some other spots on the tractor.:mad:

tcrote5516

Equipment
BX1860, FEL, 50" Front Blower, Heated Cab, 6' blade, 3pt carry all, 3pt hitch
Sep 2, 2014
Southern New Hampshire
:( I was getting more firewood and I noticed some very heavy rust coming through the loader. I called the dealer. he is going to be honorable and take it back. I'm bummed. I was just getting used to it. Now I'm scared to death of buying another used one. I don't know if I will buy another Kubota or go green.
That's not a brand issue (orange/green)...steel is steel and since that tractor was most likely used to grade the ocean floor :D you can't hold it against Kubota.

As Eray said, looks like it was obviously used loading some seriously corrosive material.

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
No matter how frustrating it is, the color of the paint(being brand of tractor)has nothing to do with this problem. The issue is----how was the machine used before your possession?

filix

Mar 23, 2015
arundel
I agree. I was really loving this tractor. What it needs is a new loader. The bucket is ok. And new new front seals, as they have been leaking from day one. I was told by the dealer that two elderly people owned it and hardly used it. He also said there could have been a recall on that year. I,m going to give the dealer the benefit of the d. Since he is giving me my money back I won't mention which dealer it is. But somewhere somebody is being less than truthful. Now I'm scared do death to buy used. I would love another b7610 Kubota. But in the condition it should be in. That's the problem with buying used. You don't really know how it was treated. Someone could have been hauling loads heavier than they should. Or like this one hauling something bad for it. Is there any way of finding someone honest?

coachgeo

Equipment
L225 w/woods Few Mowers & Back Blade, D722 in Motorcycle (Triumph Tiger), LMTV
Nov 16, 2012
Southern OH
... Is there any way of finding someone honest?
take a different set of eyes with you when you look at used equipment. Maybe a member from here? A mechanic friend etc.

filix

Mar 23, 2015
arundel
Since the tractor was used for loading salt or something, do you think there could be more hidden problems down the road. The loader is rusting out, but not the bucket. I wounder if they put a new loader on it, that would be the end of the story.

peterc38

Equipment
L4060
Sep 12, 2011
Maine
Based on that picture, I'd be leery of it even with a new loader. That is some serious corrosion. B7610 is a great tractor, just not that B7610 :(

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
How about a new Holland? Even a local Kubota dealer said they were a rugged tractor.

If you are going to look at this problem being a Kubota problem.....then maybe you really need to look at green or blue........this is not a kubota problem.

But go ahead and get a "used" green or "used" blue machine......

you'll figure it out after a while...........orange aint the problem

Caveat emptor

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Caveat emptor

the principle that the buyer alone is responsible for checking the quality and suitability of goods before a purchase is made.

Let the buyer beware
Yup were I betting man I would say they knew all about this that's why there was no problem with them taking it back,, orange aint the problem, lying dealers are

filix

Mar 23, 2015
arundel
I'm not saying orange is the problem. I know some people who have them and love them. I'm just trying to give myself more options. I started my tractor quest with just John Deere in mind. And there was quite a few of them out there. But nothing I felt totally comfortable buying. So I added Kubota to my list. Because they are a great tractor. The B7610 was one on my list to look for. And finding that one at a dealer made me feel safer, just in case any thing was seriously wrong. And there was something serious. And they took it back. I wish money was no problem, that would solve everything. When I see an orange tractor I look at it to see what model it is and I drool. I may still get one yet. Thanks.

CaveCreekRay

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800 HST, KingKutter box scraper, KingKutter 66" rake, County Pride Subsoiler
Jul 11, 2014
Cave Creek, AZ
When looking at an older tractor key in on new paint.

Older machines are just fine. I have bought many used vehicles, including my Kubota. Overall condition and service history should be your guide.

Check the oil. Is it black as liquid coal?
Overall paint condition? Has it spent its life outside?
3pt ball joints: Is everything loose and rusty or tight and greasy?
Tire condition? Easy to fix but not cheap if its the rears!
Pull the air cleaner: Is it chocked with dirt?
Is the fuel filter bowl plastic? Does it look clean or murky?

All of these are clues as to how the machine has been used/abused. If the price is right, fixing a few small items is no big deal.

That said, I bought a 9 month-old L3800 off CL with 126 hours on it and it had never seen the service department. Original oil. Caked air filter. Smashed hood. Shattered headlights. Slightly faded paint from sitting out all its life. I got it at a great price and the machine under the smashed hood was like new. Even the dealer was stunned at what I paid for it. Now, it looks pretty darn nice and except for a couple "issues" that warranty took care of, its a really handy and reliable machine. I couldn't run my property without that Orange rascal.

Be alert for a good deal. Be patient. Beware fresh paint (poke it).

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
filix, maybe you can find someone to go with you to look after you've narrowed down to a couple of tractors. A good mechanic, or fellow tractor owner could provide another opinion and maybe see things to direct you.

All the things Ray mentioned will help. I also look for condition of the seat. Has it been replaced? Is it tore to shreds? Where are the wear points? If peddles have rubber on them is it missing? Are other parts missing, or bent. Any play in the steering wheel? Is there antifreeze in radiator? Shows what owner thought of maintenance, and gives clues as to how other things were neglected or taken care of.

Burt

Equipment
L3700SU, box blade, 6 foot rhino blade, 1 bottom plow, 3 point receiver hitch.
Mar 24, 2012
Goldendale, WA USA
Filix,

Woah! I hope he swaps out the entire tractor for you. If it has that level of rust in the loader, there has to be undercarriage and from issues as well from the slop of whatever this tractor was loading.

Burt