Mar 26, 2013
Thurston County, WA
Reactions: 1 users

sparky45

Equipment
L 3301DT
Dec 5, 2018
SEDAN
That scumbag piece of protoplasm needs to be rendered back into the dirt from where it came.

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
When he is found guilty,,, 13 steps,, a short drop and a sudden stop

Reactions: 1 user

Poohbear

Equipment
L3301 HST, LA525, LP shredder, BB1566 box blade, QH10, Worksaver pallet fork
Jul 6, 2018
Gilmer,Tx,United States
When he is found guilty,,, 13 steps,, a short drop and a sudden stop
I'm a Judge Roy Bean justice kinda guy. His infamous quote " we're gonna give you a fair trial this afternoon and in the morning we'll hang ya ! " is very appropriate.
Now for history, he actually was only a Justice of the Peace and really under Texas law had no execution authority but he got the job done there in Langtry .

Palmettokat

Equipment
M6800, B2710, L6060, Volvo 5 ton excavator and implements.
Apr 21, 2020
South Carolina
How can the Democrats and the Media be so bias? How can they hate their own children so much to destroy their own homes as they are allowing and even encouraging to be done?

armylifer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX1860, FEL, RCK54P MMM, BB1548 Box Scraper, Quick Hitch, Piranha Bar, BX6315
Mar 26, 2013
Thurston County, WA

In the interest of clarifying the use of children's names in news articles, it is not illegal to do so on the national level. Certain news agencies do censor names of those that have not reached the age of majority but it is not codified on any national level. There may be local laws that restrict the usage of children's images and names but that is all.

armylifer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Mar 26, 2013
Thurston County, WA
Okay NIW, you are going way too far with your censoring posts. You took out the post by imnewkensc for no good reason. I did not see any violation of site rules. It looks like you took out that post just because you disagreed with it.

Reactions: 2 users

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Boys and girls, in MHO it is tragic, a lot of what is going on in the world is being bough on by local issues as well as the world issue of this pandemic. With that being said, THIS platform is not the place to discuss it. This site was built on tractors and it should remain so, there are many other places on the inter web for discussing these issues. I do not manage nor do I control any part or parts of this site, but I for one have had enough of this bovine fesses. The baiting and anger, and yes in some cases the hate I have seen in here lately. Kids ya wana go silver back on some one do it some place else, we dont need it here. And truth be told, this is going to destroy a good site

Reactions: 4 users

BAP

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2012 Kubota 2920, 60MMM, FEL, BH65 48" Bush Hog, 60"Backblade, B2782B Snowblower
Dec 31, 2012
New Hampshire
Boys and girls, in MHO it is tragic, a lot of what is going on in the world is being bough on by local issues as well as the world issue of this pandemic. With that being said, THIS platform is not the place to discuss it. This site was built on tractors and it should remain so, there are many other places on the inter web for discussing these issues. I do not manage nor do I control any part or parts of this site, but I for one have had enough of this bovine fesses. The baiting and anger, and yes in some cases the hate I have seen in here lately. Kids ya wana go silver back on some one do it some place else, we dont need it here. And truth be told, this is going to destroy a good site
Well put Skeets!!!

NHSleddog

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650
Dec 19, 2019
Southern, NH
I only see one exaple of bovine feces (fabricated BS) on this thread and for some reason I don't think that one is what you are talking about? Or is that what you are talking about and not the corrections to the incorrect statement? I am just trying to understand where you are coming from.

Is it the incorrect statement or the correction to it? We may be in total agreement.

Tornado

May 7, 2019
usa
This murder was covered in the news though. One google search of the boys name will return pages of news stories all over the country on it. CNN, USAToday,
I understand your sentiment skeets. A lot is going on in our world right now that is firing up emotions. I hear about it all day on my job as well as I interact with the public. Everything is so heated and partisan anymore. It is draining, I fully agree. However, I do have to disagree that we should ban all such discussions of these off topic issues from being discussed in the off topic forum. I think there is plenty of room on a community forum to offer discussion of all types. Off topic discussion is relegated to a single forum here, which is entirely optional to the user. You could simply choose to never view the off topic forum, and it will have the affect of not existing for you. Likewise you could simply not click on posts in the off topic forum that are clearly more political in nature.

There are many other good discussions that come up in off topic. I personally feel that it is good to allow a community of people a little place to connect in ways aside from the primary objective of the community. Tractors are the main thing that bring us all together here. However, as we get to know one another, and certain bonds are formed, I think it is healthy to allow that friendship, or bond, to be allowed to be shared among other more open ended discussions. You suggest that there are other forums people can go discuss those things, and that is very true. The thing is though that we, as in humans, like to share our thoughts and opinions on issues with folks we have bonds or some connection with. I think when you see a very active off topic forum on a community site it is a sign of a healthy community. It suggests a sort of family like atmosphere among various members in the group. The problem of course with allowing all this to flourish is in moderating it when things drift out of bounds. It is a side affect of a strong community though - that tempers will flare, passions will get the better of folks, etc. This is where skilled moderation is key. I think if a moderator simply says "I dont care to deal with this so im just gonna shut it all down" is not the best approach. Of course the owners and moderators can take that approach if they choose, but I think it is an error to do so personally.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Okay NIW, you are going way too far with your censoring posts. You took out the post by imnewkensc for no good reason. I did not see any violation of site rules. It looks like you took out that post just because you disagreed with it.
I put his post, you you all could quit complaining that it's unfair of me to try a keep a clean and polite forum.
I guess you all think it's acceptable to call people names and tell them they are full of shit.
This forum is headed down the toilet!

armylifer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Mar 26, 2013
Thurston County, WA
This murder was covered in the news though. One google search of the boys name will return pages of news stories all over the country on it. CNN, USAToday,

I understand your sentiment skeets. A lot is going on in our world right now that is firing up emotions. I hear about it all day on my job as well as I interact with the public. Everything is so heated and partisan anymore. It is draining, I fully agree. However, I do have to disagree that we should ban all such discussions of these off topic issues from being discussed in the off topic forum. I think there is plenty of room on a community forum to offer discussion of all types. Off topic discussion is relegated to a single forum here, which is entirely optional to the user. You could simply choose to never view the off topic forum, and it will have the affect of not existing for you. Likewise you could simply not click on posts in the off topic forum that are clearly more political in nature.

There are many other good discussions that come up in off topic. I personally feel that it is good to allow a community of people a little place to connect in ways aside from the primary objective of the community. Tractors are the main thing that bring us all together here. However, as we get to know one another, and certain bonds are formed, I think it is healthy to allow that friendship, or bond, to be allowed to be shared among other more open ended discussions. You suggest that there are other forums people can go discuss those things, and that is very true. The thing is though that we, as in humans, like to share our thoughts and opinions on issues with folks we have bonds or some connection with. I think when you see a very active off topic forum on a community site it is a sign of a healthy community. It suggests a sort of family like atmosphere among various members in the group. The problem of course with allowing all this to flourish is in moderating it when things drift out of bounds. It is a side affect of a strong community though - that tempers will flare, passions will get the better of folks, etc. This is where skilled moderation is key. I think if a moderator simply says "I dont care to deal with this so im just gonna shut it all down" is not the best approach. Of course the owners and moderators can take that approach if they choose, but I think it is an error to do so personally.
Tornado, I was in the process of saying exactly what you wrote but you beat me to it. You have said it very eloquently.

motionclone

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L345DT with Lp mower, forks and grapple thumb, Bobcat 337 Midi Ex
May 4, 2018
Maine
I guess you all think it's acceptable to call people names and tell them they are full of shit.
This forum is headed down the toilet!
When and where did this happen?????

Status
Not open for further replies.