more on wheels guys I'm afraid, but only a bit...

Rob

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B6000DT / B7100DP /B8200DT/L225/Globe PTO Chipper/Lewis Backhoe/huxley TR66
Nov 22, 2009
Leafy England....
Does anyone know if the rear wheels from a B7200 will fit a B6000.
from the pics I've seen they use the same sort of slide on axle hub fitting, but is the shaft the same size as size as the B6000 shaft. what is the stud pcd spacing and pilot hole sizes aswell.
I'm pushed for time on this one guys so a prompt reply would be really good, and a massive help to me.

cheers
rob

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
WOW, thats odd Vic my B6100E has 8x16's on the rear, I must have an oddball tire size. Which when I went to replace them and put new ones on it took me for ever to find an 8x16.

cappys tractor

Equipment
B6000 and Husqvarna mower (hey, it's orange too!)
Jan 18, 2010
Cape Cod, Ma
Is your B6000 2 or 4wd? It makes a difference if it is 4WD. You can screw up the gears if the tire sizes aren't matched. They have to be the same over all size, to rotate at the proper ratio.

I would eagerly await Vic's info about wheel size, and swapability, since this is of interest to me. I would like to change from ags, to turfs on my B6000, But don't want to mess up the transmission.

I have not seen it clearly stated how to change tire sizes to ensure compatibility on the 4WD tractors. It appears to me that Ags are measured differently than turfs?!

hodge

Lifetime Member

Equipment
John Deere 790 John Deere 310 backhoe Bobcat 743
Nov 19, 2010
Love, VA
Is your B6000 2 or 4wd? It makes a difference if it is 4WD. You can screw up the gears if the tire sizes aren't matched. They have to be the same over all size, to rotate at the proper ratio.

I would eagerly await Vic's info about wheel size, and swapability, since this is of interest to me. I would like to change from ags, to turfs on my B6000, But don't want to mess up the transmission.

I have not seen it clearly stated how to change tire sizes to ensure compatibility on the 4WD tractors. It appears to me that Ags are measured differently than turfs?!
That should be easy! Most guys want to go from turfs to ags- you should have no problem finding someone willing to do a swap.

B6100

Equipment
B6100
Aug 2, 2011
Ontario
I am new to the Kubota world and have been having tire issues with my B6100
as some of you may have read.
I have managed to get the Specs for the Bridgestone Farm Service tires that were OEM on early B6000d and B7000d up here in Canada.
Hopefully this will be some help some folks out there with tire issues.
The attachment came from Bridgestone Australia where you can still get the tires.
View attachment Bridgestone Farm Service Lug W.pdf

Brewer

Oct 4, 2011
Australia
There is only one specification that matters, and that is 'rolling circumference' of the tyre, available from the tyre mfr. The machine mfr will specify an inter-axle ratio (and a tolerance) for your machine and the ratio between the front and rear RC's must fall with those specs.

Tyre & wheel dealers will have a database of tyre specs they can use to find new combinations for your machine, but the simplest way is to find out what the machine mfr offered as an original option. You may need to fit new rims though as the R4's probably came on wider rims than the ag's.

tiredguy

Equipment
B3030 HSTC,B2781 51" front mounted snowblower,60" MMM
Jan 21, 2010
northern lower Michigan
Brewer is correct, the rolling circumferance of the tires is the "Magic" number you must have to keep your gear ratio's correct so you don't tear something up.

In order to determine what the ratio is, divide the rolling circumferance of the front tires by the rolling circumferance of the rears. The answer to that formulation is the actual gear ratio. In order for everything to work and not break you must keep the tolerance within 2% of the ratio. That's the margain of error that's allowed to prevent breaking something in the drivetrain.

You can measure new tires easily to find out where it's at if you don't have the manufacturer's data with a little help. On a flat even service mark the bottom center of the tire and the surface you're parked on. With someone either driving the tractor or watching the tractor tire mark, drive it one revolution stopping it when the mark comes back to the dead center it began with. Mark the surface, then measure the distance between the star and end points on the surface and that's the "Magic" number that is the rolling circumferance. Do it for both front and rear tires, the divide the front tire RC by the rear tire RC and the answer is the gear ratio front to rear.

Be careful when swapping rims as different widths of rims will change the inflated size of the tire.
It's late and I'm "tired" so if anyone need some help shoot me a PM and I'll get back to you with an answer. I've collected data from many sources including the chart from the link posted on this post. I'll have to convert the MM's to inches :confused: in order to use it but thanks for posting it so I can add to my library of Magic Numbers. Many are nearly impossible to get!
Tired